Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 7,091 times

Advertisements

Hey Everybody -

I posted a thread in the Jacksonville section a few weeks ago and it seems I have come across a lot of Jacksonville natives (or people moving to Jacksonville) whom were looking into possible IT jobs and needed information around the market.

I imagine there are just as many, if not more professionals, wondering the same kind of questions around the South Florida market so I wanted to post a thread here as well. I have a high level of familiarity with the IT companies/community in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Boca Raton as well so should any one want further details around what types of positions are out there for technology professionals of all levels of experience - please PM me and I will give you my contact information and further details around what I know and how I can be of help.

Met some really nice members of the board community up in Jacksonville already and I'm looking forward to getting to know others down in my home area of Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding metropolitan area. Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 06:35 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,838 times
more jobs in fort lauderdale than miami. dont even try for tech jobs in miami unless youre bilingual. i have an awesome resume and even then its extremely hard. most tech jobs get hooked up through the latin immigrant network. i almost went broke because i had been out of work for so long. now i keep 2 months of savings around and working on building up more so that never happens again. still it is extremely difficult to find tech jobs in miami where you only speak english. im not joking when i say it was so bad i was considering jumping off the bahia honda bridge.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times
there isnt much tech in south florida period. i used to be a network administrator, mcse and all that but got out of it due to lack of jobs and poor pay. if u find a good job here in IT the company owns u casue they know u cant just go somewhere else. Do not move to south florida for IT, its not here and the jobs that are pay nothing compared to up north while the cost of living is the same down here

Old 05-09-2007, 12:46 PM

3 posts, read 7,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
there isnt much tech in south florida period. i used to be a network administrator, mcse and all that but got out of it due to lack of jobs and poor pay. if u find a good job here in IT the company owns u casue they know u cant just go somewhere else. Do not move to south florida for IT, its not here and the jobs that are pay nothing compared to up north while the cost of living is the same down here
Well I would like to think you just got to know the right people

Old 05-09-2007, 01:00 PM

67 posts, read 538,107 times
Don't even think about Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for IT jobs especially if you look like you might speak Spanish but don't.

That is what made me move here.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 PM

158 posts, read 647,131 times
Most of the IT jobs are the latin headquarters for companies so youll have to deal with south america and the caribean alot.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 AM

3 posts, read 6,344 times
Default Regards from Germany

hi! My name is Carina, I'am living in Germany at the moment but I originally come from Uruguay. I have a question to you. My husband and I are thinking to move to Miami, Florida. My husband is German but he speak Spanish very well, because he has had a good teacher ( me :-) )
He is java developer and he has been working in a bank for 1 year.
Can you give me some information about that?
I hope you understand my English, now my Geman is better than my English.
Thank you for your help

QUOTE=aprime_oz;687209]Hey Everybody -

I posted a thread in the Jacksonville section a few weeks ago and it seems I have come across a lot of Jacksonville natives (or people moving to Jacksonville) whom were looking into possible IT jobs and needed information around the market.

I imagine there are just as many, if not more professionals, wondering the same kind of questions around the South Florida market so I wanted to post a thread here as well. I have a high level of familiarity with the IT companies/community in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Boca Raton as well so should any one want further details around what types of positions are out there for technology professionals of all levels of experience - please PM me and I will give you my contact information and further details around what I know and how I can be of help.

Met some really nice members of the board community up in Jacksonville already and I'm looking forward to getting to know others down in my home area of Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding metropolitan area. Cheers. [/quote]

Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 AM

423 posts, read 1,642,944 times
Talking about IT jobs in South Florida... Don't forget Boca has a lot of tech jobs. I personally like Boca for work and overall southern Palm Beach for living. It puts in the center, so you can still commute down to Fort Lauderdale and/or north to WPB or PB Gardens should there be a need in future....

Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 PM

562 posts, read 2,615,105 times
damn.. u guys are making me doubt my decision.. I was offered a position in Miami area.. i'm in IT.. salary just above 100k.. my company will be paying relocation fees, etc.. would i be able to live comfortable?? i'm single, little bills.. btw i'm fluent in Spanish and English...

Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 AM

3 posts, read 6,344 times
Anybody knows names of German or Swiss companies or banks in Florida? Can you recommend me a quarter to live there? I have some relatives living in Boca raton and they told me that it is a beatiful place. Is it really difficult to get a IT-job in Florida? What does 100k means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami