Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,945,989 times

Advertisements

i am moving out of south florida on thursday and will warn others about this area forever or until we sell it to the caribbean

Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 PM

39 posts, read 36,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1963 View Post
ps. i don't think a cat 5 hurricane will solve the situation...most of these people have lived in miami for 20 years or more and consider it home...it just means more crime, and more taxpayer funded trailers everywhere...higher prices on everything, higher taxes.
No, maybe (just maybe) it'd blow some sense into people. This city needs a damn change and it needs it now, before it's too late.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:12 PM

279 posts, read 467,522 times
i think it was too late in back in 1977

Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,945,989 times
listen LA is relevant, its respected by corporate america and educational institutions and world powers. miami is NOT RELEVANT,no where near relevant, its a joke. its not respected, its laughed at, people are scared of it, educated people look down on it,most corporations wouldnt move there for anything, most americans dont even consider it part of the states except to come here party, use and abuse the area and its women, clubs, bars etc and get the hell out

Old 05-21-2007, 07:18 PM

158 posts, read 645,605 times
What a pair of morons, you people have no idea what you are talking about!
Miamis traffic doesnt even rank in the top 10 according to your favorite rankings done by other buisnesses.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:27 PM

106 posts, read 379,133 times
JDMR09 Listen up. I think this city has a lot of potential but there are too many ignorant inconsiderate foreigners. Also you need to be a little bit more open minded to these complaints we have. Just stop and be real about this for a second.
Look at the horrible engineering of the expressways.
Where is the self check out in the local Walmarts?

Where the hell is China Town? Even Habana Cuba has a China Town.
Where are the traffic signals?
When you pull into most Miami intersections to make a left turn if you pull to far out you cant see the light because many only have overhead signals and there are none in the grassy splits between the roads.
Where are the American white and black business professionals?
Why is it that the majority of the African Americans I see here look so poor and all have gold teeth in their mouths?
Where the hell are the black middle class business professionals?
For that matter where the hell are the regular U.S. white American business professionals?
They are here but they are in small numbers and not very visible.

What is visible is the low class and the ignorant. People here drive more agressive than New York and L.A. But they cant be in that much of a rush because what factories or fortune 500 companys and corporate offices are they rushing too. Wall street aint in Miami. Hollywood isnt either. In addition everything here is slow. Restaurant service is slow. Ridiculously slow and with an attitude. Not some times like in other cities but almost all of the time in Miami.
People in big cities dont tolerate that. In fact if people in Miami went to L.A. and drove like they drive here theyd probably get shot in the first three days. If you take the time to look at the people behind the wheels of those cars they look very criminal and street minded. When Im on the 405 freeway in L.A. I see much more variety in the people. They are business and corporate types white, black, Asian, Hindu, Vietnamese, Lebanese, Mexican, Salvadorean, Chinese etc. Yes we have the delinquents also but they are not the majority like those here. The vast majority of the Americans here seem to be on vacation or retired. Im sorry to bust your bubble but Im not particularly interested in living under the control of Cuban and South America foreingers who have come in and invested in my country and turned Miami into the hell hole that it is. Number one being the outspoken person and intolerant of B.S. person that I am I am not particularly thrilled about kissing the behinds of foreigners who have absolutely no respect for American culture. I personally feel they should be packed up and shipped back where the hell they came from. What we have here is a large number of Cubans, Jamaicans, and Bahamians. All descendents of dirt poor countries. In addition the Haitian low skilled boat people. In addition the better educated but corupt Venezuelan and Colombians who are also racist by the way. The rest. Poor blacks who are poorly educated and miserable because they are living in a city controlled by racist Cuban and other Latin immigrants and have been completely shut out because they dont speak spanish and dont have the money to leave. The others are old white American retirees who are shifting more northward and more northward every day due to everything I just mentioned. They dont work and dont have to drive or communte so it isnt really likely that they give a crap. There is a lack of bright liberal progressive people here. In fact Florida has a horrible mix of people. And to top that off let us keep in mind the Florida is still in the south which is notoriously agricultural driven, less educated and still very backwards. As I said before the best and brightest people are not here in Florida. They are not going to come here either due to the lack of decent employment and decent wages. The only people who will take these jobs are poor Carribean islanders and hispanics who are trading second class misery for first class misery. That is my problem with south florida and you know what. More than half of the people that i talk to who have been here or lived here from other places agree 100 percent. I dont care for the Carribean island culture here because they are slow and inconsiderate and I am a no nonesence black American and I am not for the B.S. of Miami. Point blank. I find myself getting into confrontations here over stupid things usually like customer service because of some islander immigrant who doesnt know how to bag groceries and some young teenage fast food restaurant worker who has an attitude and wants to talk smack to me and thinks they are doing me a favor. In the big city you get cursed out and bet down for that behaviour.. Thats no nonesense. Fast pace. Its about respect and people here have absolutely none. And i have no respect for Miami. Case closed.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMR09 View Post
What a pair of morons, you people have no idea what you are talking about!
Miamis traffic doesnt even rank in the top 10 according to your favorite rankings done by other buisnesses.
You're full of the brown smelly stuff.

Miami traffic is amongst the worst in the US and the drivers are OFFICIALLY the worst/rudest in the US. Of course, I'm sure you don't fear for your own safety or for the safety of your family when they're out on these roads. The drivers in Miami aren't even worth joking about....they're dangerous and the majority should have their licenses suspended forever for the stupid and dangerous s**t they do. I am so tired of worrying about whether my girlfriend will come home safe from I-95....one of the reasons I want to move.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksophisticado View Post
JDMR09 Listen up. I think this city has a lot of potential but there are too many ignorant inconsiderate foreigners. Also you need to be a little bit more open minded to these complaints we have. Just stop and be real about this for a second.
Look at the horrible engineering of the expressways.
Where is the self check out in the local Walmarts?

Where the hell is China Town? Even Habana Cuba has a China Town.
Where are the traffic signals?
When you pull into most Miami intersections to make a left turn if you pull to far out you cant see the light because many only have overhead signals and there are none in the grassy splits between the roads.
Where are the American white and black business professionals?
Why is it that the majority of the African Americans I see here look so poor and all have gold teeth in their mouths?
Where the hell are the black middle class business professionals?
For that matter where the hell are the regular U.S. white American business professionals?
They are here but they are in small numbers and not very visible.

What is visible is the low class and the ignorant. People here drive more agressive than New York and L.A. But they cant be in that much of a rush because what factories or fortune 500 companys and corporate offices are they rushing too. Wall street aint in Miami. Hollywood isnt either. In addition everything here is slow. Restaurant service is slow. Ridiculously slow and with an attitude. Not some times like in other cities but almost all of the time in Miami.
People in big cities dont tolerate that. In fact if people in Miami went to L.A. and drove like they drive here theyd probably get shot in the first three days. If you take the time to look at the people behind the wheels of those cars they look very criminal and street minded. When Im on the 405 freeway in L.A. I see much more variety in the people. They are business and corporate types white, black, Asian, Hindu, Vietnamese, Lebanese, Mexican, Salvadorean, Chinese etc. Yes we have the delinquents also but they are not the majority like those here. The vast majority of the Americans here seem to be on vacation or retired. Im sorry to bust your bubble but Im not particularly interested in living under the control of Cuban and South America foreingers who have come in and invested in my country and turned Miami into the hell hole that it is. Number one being the outspoken person and intolerant of B.S. person that I am I am not particularly thrilled about kissing the behinds of foreigners who have absolutely no respect for American culture. I personally feel they should be packed up and shipped back where the hell they came from. What we have here is a large number of Cubans, Jamaicans, and Bahamians. All descendents of dirt poor countries. In addition the Haitian low skilled boat people. In addition the better educated but corupt Venezuelan and Colombians who are also racist by the way. The rest. Poor blacks who are poorly educated and miserable because they are living in a city controlled by racist Cuban and other Latin immigrants and have been completely shut out because they dont speak spanish and dont have the money to leave. The others are old white American retirees who are shifting more northward and more northward every day due to everything I just mentioned. They dont work and dont have to drive or communte so it isnt really likely that they give a crap. There is a lack of bright liberal progressive people here. In fact Florida has a horrible mix of people. And to top that off let us keep in mind the Florida is still in the south which is notoriously agricultural driven, less educated and still very backwards. As I said before the best and brightest people are not here in Florida. They are not going to come here either due to the lack of decent employment and decent wages. The only people who will take these jobs are poor Carribean islanders and hispanics who are trading second class misery for first class misery. That is my problem with south florida and you know what. More than half of the people that i talk to who have been here or lived here from other places agree 100 percent. I dont care for the Carribean island culture here because they are slow and inconsiderate and I am a no nonesence black American and I am not for the B.S. of Miami. Point blank. I find myself getting into confrontations here over stupid things usually like customer service because of some islander immigrant who doesnt know how to bag groceries and some young teenage fast food restaurant worker who has an attitude and wants to talk smack to me and thinks they are doing me a favor. In the big city you get cursed out and bet down for that behaviour.. Thats no nonesense. Fast pace. Its about respect and people here have absolutely none. And i have no respect for Miami. Case closed.
You're right and you know what...this is the most racist-ass place that I've ever been to. The people here are racist against everyone and Latin people are even racists against other Latins, i.e. Cubans who hate Nicaraguans, Puerto Ricans who hate Cubans. This city is a cesspool of hatred, filled with lowlife scum....people so selfish that they would not stop to help you, even if you lay dying in the street.

I wish I was a cop here....I would pull over all of the bad drivers and give them tickets so expensive that it would financially ruin them in order to teach them some damn respect. No wonder there is road rage here......just look at the way people drive.

This is no world city.....it's not even a top Florida city. Miami is just one big ghetto of hatred and inequality, hopefully destined to be either flooded by rising sea levels or blown away by a cat. 5.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:36 PM

158 posts, read 645,605 times
Case Closed.
How can you just generalize the diffrent cultures here, they are not all rude, loud, and criminals!! I have nothing to say to your response beyond that because its just insane of the other crap you state, ive lived here for a year and the rudest and most aggresive people i have encountered seem to be the bashers on this page, but when you guys are whinning about the rudeness of other people just look at yourself and if you say the city changed you, C'MON GET A LIFE!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMR09 View Post
Case Closed.
How can you just generalize the diffrent cultures here, they are not all rude, loud, and criminals!! I have nothing to say to your response beyond that because its just insane of the other crap you state, ive lived here for a year and the rudest and most aggresive people i have encountered seem to be the bashers on this page, but when you guys are whinning about the rudeness of other people just look at yourself and if you say the city changed you, C'MON GET A LIFE!
I suggest you check out other forums......you'll see that most are positive. This subforum is so negative because MIAMI SUCKS. If it was just a couple of people saying it, I could understand but dude....MOST OF THE POSTS IN HERE ARE NEGATIVE, SO THEY CAN'T BE ALL WRONG!!! It's like if you go see a movie and check out the ratings on rottentomatoes.com - if most of the reviews are bad, you can generally assume that it's a bad movie, e.g. Catwoman. Go look at apartmentratings.com or miamibeach411.com and see how horrible the reviews are about Miami in general & living here. I agree that this place wouldn't be so bad if you were rich, but if you're poor or middle class, this 'aint the place to be. People aren't just rude here......they're DISGUSTING, DEGENERATE PIGS.......lowest of the low. Never been to a city where so many people try to Moderator cut: c you over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami