Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:33 PM

158 posts, read 647,174 times

Advertisements

Yes and im sure all those places are very affordable you are just plain biast against L.A if your gonna say L.A is anything better than Miami, and guess what not everybody hates this city most south florida loves living here, most of the people that leave SoFlo leave cause they cant afford a home here but alot of them do try to come back, and yea alot just dont like it here but does that mean no one likes it NO! You dont have to be telling people that want to come here not to because thats a decision they decide and most probaly they would like this great city!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 PM

201 posts, read 983,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMR09 View Post
Yes and im sure all those places are very affordable you are just plain biast against L.A if your gonna say L.A is anything better than Miami, and guess what not everybody hates this city most south florida loves living here, most of the people that leave SoFlo leave cause they cant afford a home here but alot of them do try to come back, and yea alot just dont like it here but does that mean no one likes it NO! You dont have to be telling people that want to come here not to because thats a decision they decide and most probaly they would like this great city!

JDMR09 , your posts seem like my original posts , only maybe a little more optimistic . There is a lot I like and do not like about Miami and Dade County in general , but you will soon discover that a few posters on here hate this place with a passion and nothing you can ever post will ever change their minds . I love South Florida , even recognizing its shortcomings which are many and I do not give a damn about how great Los Angeles is , or San Diego is , Austin is , Atlanta and so on ... all cities I have been to many times and have the same crime , sprawl , traffic , poverty , ignorance , racial and immigration problems as South Florida does . I chose to live here in Weston and I am happy and live a nice life with my family ... you will eventually have an ulcer if you keep fighting your up hill battle with some of these guys . At the end of the day who gives a rats ass what these guys think , what counts is that you are happy here .... start ignoring the negative posts , think who they are coming from ... think about positives like the Dolphin's draft .... well on second thought

Old 05-01-2007, 03:55 PM

159 posts, read 803,879 times
I've noticed all you do is bash Miami. Why even live down here if you hate it so much?

First of all, you don't even live in the City of Miami, you live in the city of Homestead. That's 2 different municipalities. Secondly, all of those places you've mentioned are different municipalities around the City of Los Angeles. Laguna Beach is an entirely different county.

I'd rather live in the City of Miami than the City of Los Angeles.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM

13 posts, read 42,253 times
I'm contemplating moving back to Florida from LA- I'm from Central FL originally. I am pretty done with LA at the present time, but the only city in Florida i could live in would be Miami since before LA I was in DC and NYC before that. I don't want to move to another hispanic ghetto- oh god, i don't, i don't, i don't. That's why I want to leave LA so badly- this place is hispanic urban ghetto sprawl at its worst, but from what i hear Miami is just more of the same. All those places that idiot mentioned earlier (Santa Monica, Northridge, etc), is in LA COUNTY (hell, Laguna is wayyy south of LA) but nowhere near LA proper. I live in Echo F***in' Park, right next to downtown LA and i work downtown. 10 minute bike ride, bliss and nooo traffic. BUT...this place has done me in with its negatives, which I don't feel the need to spew about.

Just tell me where to live where i can ride a bike to work, live in a decent place and not deal with hot hispanic ghetto nonsense. Just tell me...please.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 PM

975 posts, read 3,730,920 times
So why people are leaving LA in droves, going to Arizona and Idaho and other places? Look on the LA forum, they are complaining about all the same things, they are desperate to get out of there. Even the person who started this thread admitted that he didn't want to stay there for various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame77 View Post
LA wins, hands down.

LA and Miami have a few things in common, but LA has much more of a "big city" feel to it. LA is cosmopolitan and diverse while Miami is not (yet it claims to be). In LA, you can get by and have fun on a lower wage while in Miami, you can not (being poor here would be hell). LA has a far better climate - cooler, drier with actual seasons, although it never gets too cold. The smog there isn't as bad as people say that it is either and the traffic is bad, but not as intolerable as Miami's traffic. The cost of living is higher in CA (not much higher), but pay is much better. I found out that I could do the same job in California and get paid 40% more.

Miami isn't 5% of the city that LA is, yet it pretends to be a major player in the big city game. Wise up Miami, you are just a medium sized city sitting at the ass-end of Florida (literally).

Last edited by INeedAChange; 05-01-2007 at 07:39 PM..

Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Onow we got another person thats gonna make it their priority to make this city look like crap!!?!?!?!?
Miami saw alot of people leave but its still one of the fastest growing areas in the country?!?!!? Check out the census that came out a couple of months ago.
An i agree with Jjino (i think dats how you spell it?) its basically pointless to change these peoples mind! But its just wrong to let these idiotic posts be the only perception people get of Miami cuz not everyone feels like that.
And im also not gonna deny that Miami is not perfect, but its far from horrible and its not just the negativity these people talk about.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:42 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
ericj71, again.. name calling. what are you 10?

most people use the largest major city when describing an area. i could say im from manhattan beach but most people wouldnt know where that is.
i was stating areas that i was usually in in california, i didnt say all of that was LA, also valencia is in the san fernando valley if you hadnt noticed.

honestly i dont know why youre in echo park. your commute is unusual in that its so short but thats because youre in a crap area.
i moved to miami from LA when i was working in west la and found out every one of my coworkers were doing 2 hour commutes ONE WAY and i was the only one doing only an hour.

another difference between LA and miami is. in LA there is plenty of good food with good customer service around. also plenty of stores to buy pretty much anything you want. you just dont have any place to store it because living space is so expensive. here living space is cheap but there arent any stores. and never EVER assume the people behind the counter here have any knowledge whatsoever about the product youre looking to buy because its not even worth asking them. they NEVER know anything. good customer service at a restaurant here in miami means they dont forget to bring your food.

in LA you can live in a hispanic ghetto and drive to work and it will be in a nice area with people who speak your same language. here in miami you drive to work and youre still in the hispanic ghetto it just has more money and most people still dont speak your language.

i would write off MIA down to florida city as unlivable for the average american short of tiny places--colonies if you will- like pinecrest.

oh and the people who work at the businesses in the blue lagoon complex by MIA are terrible. ive worked 2 jobs over there and the people are unbearably mean.

ineedachange, people are moving from LA in droves because theres no room left. unlike how people say there is no room left in miami, there is actually plenty of room. in LA you almost never see an empty field. its concrete for 2 hours in nearly every direction except the ocean. all freeways in LA resemble I-95 here with concrete walls. and traffic in LA is bumper-to-bumper inching along at nearly all hours of the day now.
see http://www.sigalert.com at rush hour time in LA to see what i mean.

someone coming from the friendliness of LA to miami is like being scalded by a hot iron. it really hurts because people in california are softer and friendlier.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
People that are leaving are not just the ones that can't afford Miami. I know people who sold their Million dollar plus homes last year in Pinecrest, after living here for 30 years. They were just plan sick of what the county has become over the last 10 years. One friend who lived in Pinecrest, had a job in Georgia and would commute back in forth a few times a month. After a year they didn't want to come back to Miami. The next year their house in Pinecrest pretty much sat empty for a year with the yard guy cutting the lawn every two weeks. After that second year they put their house up for sale and moved, they fealt Georgia was a better place to be rather than living in Pinecrest. Wow, a better place to live in Georgia than in Pinecrest. I know it is hard for some on here to believe that there are better places to live in this country. But there are. Yes Miami has some nice places to live like Pinecrest (but you have to leave your house and deal with stuff outside your block), but compared to some other places in this country Miami is just ok, IMO.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
ericj71, again.. name calling. what are you 10?

most people use the largest major city when describing an area. i could say im from manhattan beach but most people wouldnt know where that is.
i was stating areas that i was usually in in california, i didnt say all of that was LA, also valencia is in the san fernando valley if you hadnt noticed.

honestly i dont know why youre in echo park. your commute is unusual in that its so short but thats because youre in a crap area.
i moved to miami from LA when i was working in west la and found out every one of my coworkers were doing 2 hour commutes ONE WAY and i was the only one doing only an hour.

another difference between LA and miami is. in LA there is plenty of good food with good customer service around. also plenty of stores to buy pretty much anything you want. you just dont have any place to store it because living space is so expensive. here living space is cheap but there arent any stores. and never EVER assume the people behind the counter here have any knowledge whatsoever about the product youre looking to buy because its not even worth asking them. they NEVER know anything. good customer service at a restaurant here in miami means they dont forget to bring your food.

in LA you can live in a hispanic ghetto and drive to work and it will be in a nice area with people who speak your same language. here in miami you drive to work and youre still in the hispanic ghetto it just has more money and most people still dont speak your language.

i would write off MIA down to florida city as unlivable for the average american short of tiny places--colonies if you will- like pinecrest.

oh and the people who work at the businesses in the blue lagoon complex by MIA are terrible. ive worked 2 jobs over there and the people are unbearably mean.

ineedachange, people are moving from LA in droves because theres no room left. unlike how people say there is no room left in miami, there is actually plenty of room. in LA you almost never see an empty field. its concrete for 2 hours in nearly every direction except the ocean. all freeways in LA resemble I-95 here with concrete walls. and traffic in LA is bumper-to-bumper inching along at nearly all hours of the day now.
see http://www.sigalert.com at rush hour time in LA to see what i mean.

someone coming from the friendliness of LA to miami is like being scalded by a hot iron. it really hurts because people in california are softer and friendlier.

WoW, its just incredible how this guy will describe L.A and then say all this negativity about Miami, clearly showing how biast he is. How can you say theres no good food or costumer service!?!?!? And then after that say theres no good staores or quantity of stores!? Pretty much the only thing you would say thats bad in l.a is the expensive way of living, and then you again EXAGGERATE the customer service and just say insane comments about people in Miami, and what do you mean about "Hispanic Ghettos"? The only one i can think of are parts of little havana, the rest are i guess, overtown, liberty city, parts of allapatah, opa-locka, and little smaller neigborhoods, and it really depends where you work, you cant just say its all a ghetto cuz that too is INSANE and EXAGGERATING miami.
And how can you say people are leaving L.A because "theres no room"?!?!???!!?!?
People are leaving for the same reasons people are leaving Miami its not all bad but you cant just say oh theres no room!?!??!? Youre just out to make this city all bad, you really live a depressing life, just move and stop your posts that are becoming real jokes.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
JDMR09, dude... how can you not see the customer service problem?
every person i know at least acknowledges THAT ONE.

theres no room in LA, every person i know either leaving or planning to leave their only reason is because its too expensive. jobs are being outsourced or companies are downsizing while the cost of living there just keeps rising. people are paying most of their incomes into their rent and/or commute for tiny tiny places.

give me real rational logical reasons and facts as to why im wrong and then maybe ill believe your arguement. list some great areas that arent 80% hispanic and affordable by mere mortals and then we'll talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami