Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:59 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times

Advertisements

hahaha i drive into work and see this...

Miami tops 'road rage' list
For the second consecutive year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released today. Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance. Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/road.rage.ap/index.html (broken link)

best quote
South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press that he has probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.
"You don't want to know what I've seen," Pinto said. "I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here."

MY BUDDY! where are you? hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I will never forget someone in the far left lane (3 or 4 cars ahead of us) on the Palmetto Expressway at 6 pm on a Friday heading north just north of Bird Road coming to a full stop when traffic was moving at 50-60 mph. Once stopped, and now gotten the lanes next to them also stopped turned his/her impala around (heading south on the north bound side), crossed 4-5 lanes to go back to the exit he/she had missed. Stuff like this is why Miami gets labeled 3rd world/3rd world mentality.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:48 AM

to me what makes me think of third world is seeing people walking along the turnpike. all they need to be doing is carrying jugs of water.
in LA people KNOW that the freeway/highway/turnpike is a non-human environment. youd get flagged down by a cop really fast. people know better than to open their car doors too because you could open it and get hit by a LAPD guy on a motorcycle splitting lanes (which is legal in CA because people wont open their car doors)

i still want to get video of someone backing up down the emergency lane so they can try again with an exit.

also i noticed on the way home yesterday theres also the charred remains of a car with a scorch mark on the street where the fire department let another car burn down to the pavement. its by the coral way exit from 836 onto 826. that one where everyone tries to sneak in from the side to cut in line.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:44 PM

34 posts, read 164,224 times
You guys down there were not lying when you all posted about the terrible driving in the Miami area.I have traveled alot and I always thought that NYC and Washington DC had the most aggressive and worst drivers.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
This was definitely expected. The Miami drivers are the worst of any in the entire U.S.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:01 PM

158 posts, read 647,207 times
I really dont see how you label Miami third World because of bad drivers, then you should do the same for NY, LA, Boston and DC!?!?!
Although i am not denying miami has bad drivers, i would give it to NY or LA on just personal experience, and again i really dont trust these rankings, they ranked dallas as one of the most pleasent?!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM

I didn't say I labeled Miami 3rd world, many people do however. I would label that idiot who turned around on the Palmetto with a third world mentality however. What normal person stops and turns around on the Palmetto with traffic moving at 50-60 mph. Yes those cities have traffic issues no one is disputing that, but Miami is on this list for a second year at the top above those cities you listed for many reasons...

Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM

i missed an opportunity to take a picture of an emaciated haitian guy sitting on a rag on a small piece of lawn here in north miami beach eating a mango. it was a total national geographic moment. i couldnt figure out a way to do it covertly though.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
My favorite memory from the I-95 vault is seeing the homeless RIDE THEIR BIKES in lane number 2 of the expressway going northbound with that 60 MPH traffic thus causing traffic jams. OK, but I suppose this happens in NYC, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, etc...(yeah, right). Even in the article people said it is worse here than those cities. We say it. This is just a matter of certain online folk wearing rose colored glasses at this point in the game...

Old 05-15-2007, 04:22 PM

I wish I had my camera about 2 years ago. I was driving on 80th Street (a two lane road) between US1 and Red Road. This elder woman in her muu muu was walking in the center of the other lane pushing a shopping cart from Eckards with her umbrella (to keep sun off her not rain) in hand. Blocking the traffic behind her. Oh Miami...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami