Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times

Advertisements

The name is unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 02:48 PM

44 posts, read 137,642 times
-The Hot cars
-The hot beautiful woman
-The great universities with great sports programs go canes lol plus the biggest college by campus size in the country (MDC) great upcoming (FIU) first US school to have a campus in china
-All of our major sports teams have won a championship
-The Latin twist
-The attitude
-The Pro Development
-South beach
-Clubland Mecca
-The world class shopping
-being able to go to the beach on christmas
-the clean air
-no state income tax
-not being able to tell what nationality someone is no matter what skin color
- topless beaches (the big european tourism makes nudity more acceptable)
- Calle Ocho
-having the 3rd biggest skyline and skyscrapers after NY n chicago
-the miami accent lol
- the none politicaly correct people
- And just being different from any other city in the world
-Being the only true international city in the world (51% foriegn born)
-girls dont cover up because of the heat so short shorts and tank tops year round

Last edited by Southfloridamiamian; 05-24-2007 at 03:16 PM..

Old 05-24-2007, 03:42 PM

7 posts, read 71,453 times
Default why I love Miami

I am an Indian, I came to miami after my marriage & I have spent good, fun filled 12 months here.
Why I simply love miami:
1. No racism, mostly people here are spanish, If you dont know spanish, you're kind of deprived as when you go to local stores or walmart or any grocery store, most of them dont understand english, still I love Miami, as it was fun learning spanish & talking in sign language all the time
2. Weather! I love winters here, i love the breeze, the wind, the sunny days & rains, Ohhh god its all so lovely, God is very kind to Miami taht way. the temp is never lower than 65 F( that too in january) max temp is 108 in June-July, but its windy & I love it!
3. Beaches!!!! Water!!! Pine trees, its full of life! I have a condominium on 15th floor which has a beautiful water view! Oh I love water.
4. Nightlife, oh man its so good, south beach! Fort lauderdale, 40 min drive has good clubs & bars too!
5. It has great restaurants, me and my husband are great foodies & we love dining out every weekend & we have ample choices to do that.
6. people! they are friendly, helpful at least I found them to be great, Others might differ, I dont care!
7. I can get labour here for really cheap price, I mean Cleaning services, Moving service is damn cheap. I can afford it easily!

a few things which I admit arent goood here: Moderator cut: True, but off topic for this thread
whatevr I love miami, & i hate to leave it but I have to relocate due to my spouse's new job
Bye miami
I loved every bit of it!! & I'll miss it tooo

Old 05-24-2007, 10:28 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
AAAHHHHHHH!...A NICE Miami thread, what a breath of fresh air, Thank you.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 PM

-The Hot cars
-The hot beautiful woman
-The great universities with great sports programs go canes lol plus the biggest college by campus size in the country (MDC) great upcoming (FIU) first US school to have a campus in china
- All of our major sports teams have won a championship
- The Latin twist
- The attitude
- The Pro Development
- South beach
- Clubland Mecca
- The world class shopping
- deco drive lol damn it
- being able to go to the beach on christmas
- the clean air
- no state income tax
- not being able to tell what nationality someone is no matter what skin color
- topless beaches (the big european tourism makes nudity more acceptable)
- Calle Ocho
- having the 3rd biggest skyline and skyscrapers after NY n chicago
- the miami accent lol
- being one of the few US cities known throughout the world
- the none politicaly correct people...saying it like it is
- And just being different from any other city in the world
- Being the only true international city in the world (51% foriegn born)
- girls dont cover up because of the heat so short shorts and tank tops year round
- Just the people in general. The way they dress. The fashion.
- Seeing how the american dream isnt color blind. How that dream is still alive today. Just like it was for my rish ancestors a 150 years ag0 and and now my latin ppls (im half white half latin)
- The food
- Being able to go outside and play ball year round
- Knowing that some day when i have kids and i can let them move and yet still be close because we have another great school jsut 7 hours away in gainseville FL (UF) lol the NCAA CHAMPS!
- Being able to live that urban new york lifestyle in downtown and then being able to go home to the burbs just 20 minutes away

Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,226 times
Exclamation Merging!

Merged duplicate topics; added Priyagrove's post here (scroll back)

Old 05-26-2007, 07:49 AM

30 posts, read 137,060 times
I live in North Broward County, and I love the fact that I can drive a couple of hours south and visit the keys or drive a couple of hours north and take to kids to disney for the weekend. (Not to mention, drive 20 minutes east and go to the beach)

Old 05-26-2007, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 27,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitosway View Post
Well, I can't think of anything right now, but if you could add something good to list, please feel free.

Sorry, I can't add to your list either!!

Old 05-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Cmon southern life you can add somethign we all know what a big fan the rest of the country is of the southern lifestyle lol

Old 05-30-2007, 08:14 AM

326 posts, read 1,452,949 times
I am leaving south florida (east Hollywood) in two months after 11 years. While raising a family here was not always easy, I am not leaving because I hate it but because of a better opportunity in CT. I know I will miss:
1. having sunny days most days of the year;
2. the freedom to let my children barefoot all day at home;
3. their getting undressed at home and stay that way if they want all year round;
4. the blue sky, the palm leaves through my bedroom window, the noisy green parrots outside (I know, they are not native, still....);
5. the evenings spent at a restaurant on the beach, followed by a walk along the ocean;
6. the cultural diversity (no, I am not one of those who are bothered when addressed in Spanish, I actually think it is great);
7. a great school: although extremely expensive, at least it gave my older daughter a very strong base. I am looking forward to the great public schools of CT, but will they be just as good?

I know I will miss more when rain comes next October and the days become shorter. I know I will fall in love with the woods, the snow, the less congested roads, maybe a little bit more polite people (I'll let you know about that...) But While I have been complaining about south florida for all the reasons that so many on this board have been writing about, it is still a place with many reasons to choose. I come from Europe and I miss the level of civilization we have there (not everywhere, mind you). I miss that here. But I can see myself living in south florida all my life. I know I would not last a year in most states of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami