Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:54 PM

40 posts, read 111,835 times

Advertisements

Please tell me what you think about East hialeah as if I where new and just moving to this area besides the fact that there is alot of cubans because everybody knows that already or about your past experiences in east hialeah and your opinion on it

Last edited by MiamiChris; 12-20-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:41 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
East Hialeah used to be the "affordable" and less desireable part of Hialeah, lots of santería, chusmería and "pet shops." A few old American hold outs. Lots of cars parked on lawns. Very few trees. Many people have pet roosters in their yards. Most houses are old, one story and look alike. Kind of far from the commercial hub of Hialeah and the Expressways. Most locals are very caught up in their own lives and are too busy to be bothered with their neighbors. Materialism, the worst of American materialism and Latin machismo combine here to create the infamous MiamiME syndrome, it's all about ME. The first generation Hispanic Americans run the show here, so it isn't a true Cuban culture or an American one, just very "Miami." Not much of a sense of community either. Floods when rains. Locals think it is "ghetto" but it is really middle class...lots of wannabes and posers that emulate the regaeton performers. Despite all of this it is relatively safe. Those are my impressions and how I would describe it to someone who had never been there.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
East Hialeah used to be the "affordable" and less desireable part of Hialeah, lots of santería, chusmería and "pet shops." A few old American hold outs. Lots of cars parked on lawns. Very few trees. Many people have pet roosters in their yards. Most houses are old, one story and look alike. Kind of far from the commercial hub of Hialeah and the Expressways. Most locals are very caught up in their own lives and are too busy to be bothered with their neighbors. Materialism, the worst of American materialism and Latin machismo combine here to create the infamous MiamiME syndrome, it's all about ME. The first generation Hispanic Americans run the show here, so it isn't a true Cuban culture or an American one, just very "Miami." Not much of a sense of community either. Floods when rains. Locals think it is "ghetto" but it is really middle class...lots of wannabes and posers that emulate the regaeton performers. Despite all of this it is relatively safe. Those are my impressions and how I would describe it to someone who had never been there.
+1
It's not really Cuban, it's ghetto wannabe second generation hispanic Americans

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 12-20-2009 at 11:22 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 10:55 PM

433 posts, read 953,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
+1
It's not really Cuban, it's ghetto wannabe second generation Cuban Americans.
LOL, dear, you never loose a chance.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:46 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Beautiful area best part of Miami-Dade,go East Hialeah.

Pretty similar to the question you asked here. //www.city-data.com/forum/miami...leah-area.html

Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 AM

809 posts, read 2,316,336 times
This area was never my favorite, but some of the streets have been fixed and the sidewalks redone, so it has gotten its make-over here and there. I don't like it too much because of it's proximity to factories. Some places are better kept than others Not very many apartments, so I guess that's a good thing.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:50 PM

90 posts, read 71,019 times
If you want to live among the refs, go for it.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 5,154 times
I grew up at 417 east 18th street ,my family lived in that house from 1955 to the mid 80s, i believe,very nice when I grew up there,late 60s early 70s ,used to hang out at babcock park where i played little leage baseball,had a good childhood,everybody knew each other on the block,,,great food across 4th ave. at Badias

Last edited by ramonrios; 04-20-2010 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: add too post

Old 04-21-2010, 07:27 AM

809 posts, read 2,316,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonrios View Post
I grew up at 417 east 18th street ,my family lived in that house from 1955 to the mid 80s, i believe,very nice when I grew up there,late 60s early 70s ,used to hang out at babcock park where i played little leage baseball,had a good childhood,everybody knew each other on the block,,,great food across 4th ave. at Badias
I remember Badias. They had such great sandwiches. i would always get a large cuban with croquetas, mayonnaise instead of mustard, and no pickles. good stuff!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
I remember Badias. They had such great sandwiches. i would always get a large cuban with croquetas, mayonnaise instead of mustard, and no pickles. good stuff!
Was that place run by the family that controls the Badia (spices) brand? It's Miami-based and produces herbs/spices/dry condiments found in Winn Dixie, Publix, and other supermarkets down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami