Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:06 PM

18 posts, read 78,736 times

Advertisements

Miami Shores is a great community to raise a family in. The sense of community is much stronger than in other middle-upper middle class areas like Coral Gables and Pinecrest. I think the comparisons to the Gables are apt if you keep in mind that Coral Gables is about four times as large and a while back they annexed the uniformly upper class and exorbitantly expensive bayfront communities like Gables Estates and Cocoplum. The rest of the Gables is not all like that.

In the Shores you find a great mix of home types (from 1000-7000+ sf), ethnicities and classes. It really is a diverse place, despite what others have said. There are about 10 churches or so (and nothing else non-Christian) but I've had neighbors from various religious walks of life.

It's just very low key and you'd be surprised by who actually lives there (incl. the owner of Bal Harbour Shops, executives from Royal Carribean, nationally reknowned docs and lawyers). I just really love the whole Upper East Side. It's so underrated, but there's a great historic housing stock, public access to the Bay (a rarity South of downtown), phenomenal new restaurants ranging from cheap eats to gourmet fine dining, and close proximity to downtown and the creative class. Sure, there are some rough elements nearby but that's part of living in a city. The UES in Manhattan has always been adjacent to Harlem, (albeit newly gentrified); Obama lived in a mansion on the South Side of Chicago. Poverty is just a lot more raw and in your face in Miami. Ever been to Bogota, Sao Paolo, Mexico City? Welcome to Miami. (Plus notice that there are far fewer gates and walls, even on very large homes than in the Gables or Pinecrest).

Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 PM

224 posts, read 1,001,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Too bad .. I have heard just the opposite ... I know people who live there and love it even with the "not so nice " areas near by ... my brother in law lives just north of Atlanta in John's Creek ... he has had his cars broken into and was also held up at a gas station south of Hartsfield Airport two years ago ... still not a reason he will leave Atlanta and my guess it is no more dangerous than Miami Shores .
My experience in Miami Shores was not pleasant and you couldnt pay me enough money to move back to that sh*t hole... not my cup of tea but to everyone else that loves it, ENJOY...

Old 05-23-2010, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
Default You people & your dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiShoresSucks View Post
Where can I begin to tell you what's wrong here? EVERYTHING.........
The freshly painted houses and green lawns hide families afraid of what their own minds have contrived about a new neighbor. Within the walls of these houses live the self-righteous, pompous square heads with no idea what the world is like outside of their little village.
The impeccable green grass is only for the sun and the eye to enjoy. Not for you dog(s). In fact, don't even let them out for more than a moment, as the head of neighborhood crime watch will call the police on you. Because your dog barked at a neighbor. I haven't seen a cat in this neighborhood, chances are that any out door cats have just disappeared or been poisoned. This is a "white" neighborhood. I am a native Floridian. I am ashamed to know this discrimination first hand in my own back yard.
If this sounds like the neighborhood for you, by all means, move in.
I personally, can't wait to move out.

You must be one of those inconsiderate Moderator cut: people who thinks the world loves the sound of your dogs! Miami Shores isn't Hialeah, and that's the way we like it. It's quiet & peaceful... one of the few places in Miami that is quiet and peaceful thanks to -- as someone here already said -- 3rd world elements. When I first bought my house here, I thought the code was too strict; but now that someone has moved in next door, with dogs that bark ALL DAY, I long for the days when the police would have been called. These mutts are impossible to ignore... literally they bark all day long. Rather than caring that they are disturbing the peace, the neighbors feel like the victims because people have complained. Meanwhile, they're running a DOG POUND!!! Goodbye, tranquility!!

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-23-2010 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: People is a better word.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:57 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkaway View Post
You must be one of those inconsiderate Moderator cut: people who thinks the world loves the sound of your dogs! Miami Shores isn't Hialeah, and that's the way we like it. It's quiet & peaceful... one of the few places in Miami that is quiet and peaceful thanks to -- as someone here already said -- 3rd world elements. When I first bought my house here, I thought the code was too strict; but now that someone has moved in next door, with dogs that bark ALL DAY, I long for the days when the police would have been called. These mutts are impossible to ignore... literally they bark all day long. Rather than caring that they are disturbing the peace, the neighbors feel like the victims because people have complained. Meanwhile, they're running a DOG POUND!!! Goodbye, tranquility!!
3rd world elements? Wow...sounds like people in Miami Shores sure are judgmental, and seem to think they are better than their neighbors next door. Would LOVE to have you as a neighbor.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 PM

809 posts, read 2,315,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkaway View Post
Stay In Miami shores. We don't wan't you in Hialeah.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiShoresSucks View Post
Where can I begin to tell you what's wrong here? EVERYTHING.........
The freshly painted houses and green lawns hide families afraid of what their own minds have contrived about a new neighbor. Within the walls of these houses live the self-righteous, pompous square heads with no idea what the world is like outside of their little village.
The impeccable green grass is only for the sun and the eye to enjoy. Not for you dog(s). In fact, don't even let them out for more than a moment, as the head of neighborhood crime watch will call the police on you. Because your dog barked at a neighbor. I haven't seen a cat in this neighborhood, chances are that any out door cats have just disappeared or been poisoned. This is a "white" neighborhood. I am a native Floridian. I am ashamed to know this discrimination first hand in my own back yard.
If this sounds like the neighborhood for you, by all means, move in.
I personally, can't wait to move out.
ahaha this really made me laugh today, i read the post and then the name.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
My experience in Miami Shores was not pleasant and you couldnt pay me enough money to move back to that sh*t hole... not my cup of tea but to everyone else that loves it, ENJOY...
Moderator cut: Personal Attack no ghettos in Atlanta I presume ... love that GA 400 .... my brother never experienced any crime the eleven years he lived in South Florida ... yet in "pristine" Alpharetta he has been burglarized twice ... go figure .

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-25-2010 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Watch it!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 17,573 times
Wink Miami Shores is stil the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2 View Post
Sounds like a great neighborhood to me. Maybe you would be better served in Opa-Locka.

And personally experiencing the view from your neighbors eyes in my own neighborhoods, I'm sure they are VERY excited to see you leave.

I did live in Miami Shores though and I was in one of the crappier neighborhoods off 103rd. It's just like every other city in Miami and South Broward, it's quickly declining as "certain people" move in and demolish the neighborhoods. Hell look at Miramar and Hallandale Beach in South Broward.

The best way to explain South Florida is that there is a plague of 3rd world living that is expanding up the state. It started on the shores of Miami and is now consuming most of south florida up to central broward. With a few pockets of 3rd world-ness in the I95/US1 corrider. If you want quality living, stay in West Broward or move to the good areas of Palm Beach outside the "corrider of doom".
It's obvious that you're "ethnically challenged".

Since you indicate that you did live in the crappier houses YOU are probably one of those "certain people". I'm sure the residents of Opa Locka would like to know where you currently reside.

I'm not sure if you are a native but you are naive to try to convince the public that Miami resembles "a plague of 3rd world living". As a native, of over 30 years I've witnessed who and what has changed the living conditions in South Florida. It's "certain people" that I am ASHAMED of, namely the "Ameri-can'ts" who don't have an ounce of gratitude for those whose backs the cities you mentioned are built upon.

What makes you think that West Broward is so much better? Stealing the Everglades wetlands under the cloak of "expansion" is a disaster that is detrimental to the environment of South Florida. "But dat's where dem good 'ol boys who wear the hoods be".

I remain well grounded and rooted to this community. I am happy to live in Miami, where I will one day return and remain outside of Miami Shores' city limits.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 17,573 times
The "Shores" still sucks.

The neighbors are "professional stalkers" enabled with their tax dollars in an over priced neighborhood. Hence, it is still " A Village ", and everyone acts as if they are THE Chief.

They call the police for everything. If you're having a bar-b-que, If you're having a house party, If you have too many visitors, If your dog barks at their dog, If you go outside with out your shirt on, If you sit outside on your front porch, and the list goes on.

I certainly get the stare down if I happen to be out walking my dog. This is a place worse than- I can't even think of one.

I'm locked in by a lease. It feels more like a prison term.

This is a village out of control. The only beings content here are the rats that live in the crawl spaces. I can't seem to get rid of them. And of course, the lousy neighbors.

Not even neighborly, I have yet to see one come with a jello mold to welcome me. I've been here in residence for approximately three months. Hmmm I must not be welcomed. Or maybe, the police are the welcoming committee (?)

Don't worry residents of Miami Shores, I'll be gone soon enough, but not yet. And while things remain negative in this village. I do have better things to do than to "covet thy neighbor".

Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,380 times
Whoa there...I drive through Miami Shores occasionally when I-95 is a disaster and the express lanes are up to $5. If there were something worth using terms like "ethnically challenged," "certain people," "Ameri-can'ts," and the best one of all "corridor of doom," I haven't noticed it. The place actually reminds me a little of Pinecrest before it was incorporated. But then again, I haven't lived there so I might be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami