Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,525,177 times

Advertisements

here is what happens..gays move into a rundown area (South Beach) and gentrify it, it becomes a hot & trendy area then the straight people move in with all of their tackiness then finally you get a bunch of homophobes to ruin it.
Either way South Beach will always have a gay element to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,642,137 times
Unfortunately, homophobia seems to exist everywhere. This past autumn when I was giving a male friend a kiss on the cheek in Cambridge, MA (which is, in general, a bastion of tolerant and educated people), someone yelled "f*g!" out of his car window as he sped by. I've seen similar and worse in every place I have ever lived - and they all are supposed to be liberal and accepting places. It's unfortunate that South Beach is becoming less gay-tolerant. Overall, however, I suspect that most of the homophobia and anti-gay violence comes from people from outside of the area, and that especially at night, some alcohol might be involved. I have little experience with Fort Lauderdale and have never even been to Wilton Manors, so I really can't comment on whether it's any more gay-tolerant than South Beach.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM

170 posts, read 449,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
here is what happens..gays move into a rundown area (South Beach) and gentrify it, it becomes a hot & trendy area then the straight people move in with all of their tackiness then finally you get a bunch of homophobes to ruin it.
Either way South Beach will always have a gay element to it.
You got it backwards.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Unfortunately, homophobia seems to exist everywhere. This past autumn when I was giving a male friend a kiss on the cheek in Cambridge, MA (which is, in general, a bastion of tolerant and educated people), someone yelled "f*g!" out of his car window as he sped by. I've seen similar and worse in every place I have ever lived - and they all are supposed to be liberal and accepting places. It's unfortunate that South Beach is becoming less gay-tolerant. Overall, however, I suspect that most of the homophobia and anti-gay violence comes from people from outside of the area, and that especially at night, some alcohol might be involved. I have little experience with Fort Lauderdale and have never even been to Wilton Manors, so I really can't comment on whether it's any more gay-tolerant than South Beach.
You need help.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,040,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migsly View Post
You need help.
No YOU need help.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Up in my neck of the woods, Pensacola Beach was a nice wholesome area where people could take their families to enjoy Memorial Day week-end. In recent years, the homosexuals discovered our white beaches and crystal clear water and decided to taint this paradise with their presence.

This perversion on the beach now keeps families away on Memorial Day week-end. And the homosexuals have dubbed Pensacola Beach the Gay Riviera. It's sad.

Now, moderator, if these "people" here can say their piece, then it should work both ways.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
No YOU need help.
Well, let's let the Almighty decide, OK? I'm sure He just LOVES the homosexual lifestyle.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:57 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,642,137 times
Quote:
You need help.
Why do I need help? I don't see anything "crazy" or unreasonable about my post. Perhaps the fact that I sometimes give men a kiss on the cheek as a greeting (as I do to women) is not "wholesome"? Believe it or not, it's something that even a lot of straight men do.

Quote:
Up in my neck of the woods, Pensacola Beach was a nice wholesome area where people could take their families to enjoy Memorial Day week-end. In recent years, the homosexuals discovered our white beaches and crystal clear water and decided to taint this paradise with their presence.

This perversion on the beach now keeps families away on Memorial Day week-end. And the homosexuals have dubbed Pensacola Beach the Gay Riviera. It's sad.

Now, moderator, if these "people" here can say their piece, then it should work both ways.
How exactly have gay people ruined Pensacola Beach? Everywhere I have ever lived I have seen examples of neighborhoods that have improved (speaking in terms of crime, property values, amenities) when gay couples take residence there. I agree that a small minority of gay people have their perversions, but so do a small minority of straight people!

Last edited by Marlin331; 01-28-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-28-2010, 02:58 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,040,049 times
Quote:
Well, let's let the Almighty decide, OK? I'm sure He just LOVES the homosexual lifestyle.
Well if that's the case good for him. It's called the "gay" lifestyle for a reason. Now your homophobia probably needs treatment.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:20 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,525,177 times
Quote:

exactly what "perversion" occurs on Pensacola Beach? because I thought South Beach was racy enough however you don't have massive gay orgies occuring there either or else they would be in jail!
I think the perversion is that gays actually visit the redneck Riviera to begin with! Maybe it's those hot looking tight overalls and macho monster pick up trucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami