U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:10 PM

44 posts, read 134,245 times

Advertisements

Well ofcourse you miami is a lab expieriement, thier are going to be alot of unique problems, but as spanish taking over i see it totaly exaggerated. First of all latins assimilate at a fast rate. Lol i remember geraldo having a special on that. it was very interesting. Cmon all latinos know that by the 2nd generation kids dont even speak spanish anymore. lol I have no problems against cixel. His persistent. Gotta respect that. lol the man dont quit. Cant hate him for that. I just get madd when people take the bashing to an extreme un called for level. In 100 years when supposebly hispanics will outnumber white people i bet nobody is even going to notice. Sure the people will be a little tanner but its all going to be the same BS. thats what makes this country so great. lol Eveybody wants to join the club. Miami is the new york of the 21rst century. I cant wait untill im turning 130 years old in my fliying car saying i told you so to all the people who thought that hispanics were going to be the downfall of the US.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,309,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonk422 View Post
I'm not too concerned with the social/political problems, as South Florida has a history of those and always will likely - 26 years ago there was the whole "Paradise Lost" article, after all, and the area kept growing. People who don't like it are going to leave, new immigrants will arrive and those us who like it are staying put, so population will see a net increase. Probably more South Americans given the problems in that region currently. The big variables, in my view, are the nature-related ones, since the area is so fragile ecologically. The Big Three: Will we run out of water? Global warming's impact? Hit directly by a major hurricane? There was just an article in the Herald recently about us being "overdue" for a major storm, so we'll see...
-----

Nice analysis.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,309,519 times
This is America, I shouldn't be told to learn Spanish in America. I am a citizen of another country and when I go there, I don't epect the people behind the counter to speak English.

If you visit a touristic region anywhere in the world, most people behind the counter in nice places speak English. English/Spanish/1 or 2 more languages. Spanish is needed in Southern Florida, the administrative capital of Latin America under U.S administration. Spanish is required by employers. Employers require the language they like from their employees (Free market economy).

Nobody will force you to learn Spanish, and nobody will force any Hispanic to learn English. BUT ABOVE ALL, NO EMPLOYER WILL BE FORCED TO HIRE YOU IF YOU DON'T SPEAK SPANISH/ENGLISH.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 07-01-2009 at 05:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami