Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
You are worried abour racism and then you make a statement like that? Do you know that what you said fits most definitions of racism? You just made assumptions and will single out women based on their race. Sounds racist to me.
ill date em all, but theres a wider selection of babes to chose from in mee-ami than tampa...

Old 06-01-2007, 01:30 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
I only date latinas

Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro420 View Post
Everywhere you go you'll encounter racism. Even in a city as diverse as Miami. It's almost always the older generations of people. The older Whites, Blacks, and Latins are usually the most racist. The younger generations are usually not so racist because we're all pretty much thrown in a basket together.
It doesnt apply to some of the "younger" ones on here. They are some of the most racist people that I have ever encountered.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:18 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro420 View Post
LOL

This coming from a dude in VA.

My thoughts exactly. Stay in your VA forum.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Racism goes all different directions and believe it or not white people don't have magical racism blockers either. It all comes from as you know - our differences in culture, way of life, music likes, and stereotypical beliefs. For instance: I am an Italian American/whiteboy and i work a full time job and barely have money left over at the end of the month to go out to eat. I have no bank account, but yet i hear young hispanic Newyoricans always saying they wish they had money like us whiteboys. Well i wish they would actually make a real trade with my life when they say it....lol.....and it goes both ways like when a white boy tries to be geto and talk in the African American slang of english (by the way i dont think another culture made some of those words so its fact) and tries to impersonate someone he saw in a video that happens to be black. Well i know plenty of people of other races who go through more pain then some of the suburban black wannabe thugs that these whiteboys try to imitate. Like people who deal with cancer or the loss of every thing you own from a natural disaster after working hard your whole life to get those things. You cant say well but white boys dont get shot at, cuz i will have to pull out a list of wars that they were in to defend our country and the war that we are in now....No white boys arents exposed to gunfire at them as much as those in the geto but when you say that...just make sure tha white boy you are talking about wasnt in a war or didnt ever have a gun in his face please..

Old 06-02-2007, 08:54 PM

44 posts, read 137,655 times
I think it doesnt matter if your white black orange chinese blacknesse purple green or aqua marine. Thier have been plenty of other races besides white people that have fought for this country, my cousin and best friend both latinos are currently serving in iraq. I remember in highschool i had this latin teacher that fought in vietnam, and i remember him telling me stories about how immigrants would go to war and fight in veitnam only to be deported before they even stepped foot in the US again. So white black or brown a veteran is a veteran and our in a level that goes beyond race. Are some white people crazy ofcourse some are. As i know thier are alot more poor white people than black or hispanics. And no matter what race a ghetto is a ghetto. A white dude raised in the hood is just as crazy as any other race raised in such conditions.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM

106 posts, read 380,522 times
Racism is definitely everywhere. In Miami however it is a little difficult to sum up because the hispanic majority here are pretty much all of mixed race as hispanic or latino is not a race. Because of this the brand of racism in Miami is more about colorism. The whiter and lighter you are the better you are treated and the darker you are and closer to black you are the more likely you are to run into problems. Simply put this brand of racism is one that has been brought from the old Latin America to the new Latin America here in Miami. Im African American and I speak spanish fluently and I am constantly told by hispanics that I dont look like a black american because I am what they refer to as FINO and for those of you who might not know that is code for saying that my skin isnt jet jet black, nor is my nose very wide and my lips while they are full are not the size of pillows either. Thats Latin American racism. Other than that its kind of difficult to find the typical racism you have come to know in the U.S. because in the first place you cant look at someone and know exactly what they are because most are mixed. There are only truly three races. Black white, and Asian and the majority of people here are hispanic which include mixture of all three. Also interesting are the cubans mainly lighter and white skins who tend to hold prejudices against blacks although sixty percent of Cuba is black or mulato. They praise now deceased Afrocubana salsa Celia Cruz however who was also Cuban and very well black.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM

44 posts, read 137,655 times
blksophisticado i totally agree with you. Its such a shame that those old antiquated ways of thinking are brought to our city, but you know its mostly people that just immigrated here, but unfortionately some of that is passed to the second generation. Its not so much of a hate that latin people have. Its more about looks. In latin american countires the whiter you are or the more caucasian you look the more attractive people say you are, but i think that dies down considerably starting with second generation latinos and just conitnues to die down. Well thats from personal expeireince, but one postive note though. Atleast nobody denies it here. One thing i will always say about miamians. We are not a politicaly correct people. We say it like it is hence the rudeness. Atleast we say it outloud. This is such a major issue in the rest of the country right now. Racism is still alive and kicking but we live in such a politicaly correct society that these issues arent spoken as loud as they should be or are candy coated. People always say well racism is dead its the year 2007 well people its not. Sure people have rights now and things are better but the core of it. The soul of it . The inner thoughts and feelings of most people. That is still thier and the only thing weve done is covered it up with political correctness instead of facing the problems and the issue. just hide it in the back of our heads and pretend. Just pretend. I think the way latin people think is the same way the rest of america thinks. This is all just my opinion ofcourse.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 PM

106 posts, read 380,522 times
Exactly. I well however say that i actually think that the average american white person is less racist and prejudiced than the average latin person. I think that finally people are realizing that with African Americans just like anyone else you cant clump all into the same category. Some are violent some are so called ghetto some are professional and some are not. I dont have anything against Latinos but they are often times more outspoken about dislikes of a person because of culture or color or whatever. Also those immigrants entering this country usually enter into the poorest neighborhoods and do not assimilate into mainstream America and they are exposed to poor inner city blacks who have minimum finances and minimum education. Miami is a perfect example of that. They then come to the determination that ALL BLACKS ARE LIKE THAT. Im black and I cant even relate to most black Miamians since Im not from here. Of course when I travel to latin America I have no problems because once they figure out I am American the only interest is in the dollars and Im treated like a movie star. In Los Angeles right now the Latin gangs are targeting African Americans. Not just gang members but any African Americans. America has opened her doors wide and allowed years of illegal uncontrolled immigration for so long because of her greed. Now she has awaken up to find a stranger in her home who doesnt know her, respect her and has no intentions but to drain her dry. Suddenly the illegal immigrant is an unwelcome guess.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM

159 posts, read 803,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksophisticado View Post
Exactly. I well however say that i actually think that the average american white person is less racist and prejudiced than the average latin person. I think that finally people are realizing that with African Americans just like anyone else you cant clump all into the same category. Some are violent some are so called ghetto some are professional and some are not. I dont have anything against Latinos but they are often times more outspoken about dislikes of a person because of culture or color or whatever. Also those immigrants entering this country usually enter into the poorest neighborhoods and do not assimilate into mainstream America and they are exposed to poor inner city blacks who have minimum finances and minimum education. Miami is a perfect example of that. They then come to the determination that ALL BLACKS ARE LIKE THAT. Im black and I cant even relate to most black Miamians since Im not from here. Of course when I travel to latin America I have no problems because once they figure out I am American the only interest is in the dollars and Im treated like a movie star. In Los Angeles right now the Latin gangs are targeting African Americans. Not just gang members but any African Americans. America has opened her doors wide and allowed years of illegal uncontrolled immigration for so long because of her greed. Now she has awaken up to find a stranger in her home who doesnt know her, respect her and has no intentions but to drain her dry. Suddenly the illegal immigrant is an unwelcome guess.
The same can be said about Black Americans. How many times have I gone through Liberty City and Overtown and seeing young black males going nowhere in life. A lot of blacks don't respect mainstream America just as the illegal immigrant. How many blacks have I seen gone into the "thug life" and such. And it goes both ways man. I know a lot of blacks that don't like Latins. I've seen black kids gang up on a hispanic kid and beat the hell out of him. The whole gang situation in LA isn't all just Hispanic gangs targeting blacks, the blacks are doing the same thing. There was a shooting not to long ago of a young Mexican girl by some black gangsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami