Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
How do you justify those statements? can you even justify them? or is just what you ASSUME or THINK or what you have heard from people that probably say that only from what they ASSUME or THINK? From other posts posted by you, it would make anyone think that you don't use the mass transit and you have also stated that you don't know many people that use the mass transit. SO, what makes you say bus stops are dangerous? ALSO, the only places that are dangerous and anything crime related can occur are GHETTO areas. How do you know that she will be in any ghetto surrounding going back from Miami Beach to Miami? First of, in Miami Beach no worries AT ALL, than all that is left is to see where in Miami she lives or will be getting off the bus. If she lives in the ghetto, I'm positive she knows how to live in the ghetto and what to and not do. Where to walk, where to and not go, how to be aware of her surroundings and everything else (she is probably known in the neighborhood so they won't mess with her, that's how it is). If it's in a nice neighborhood, than no worries. So, I don't see how you are recommending her to NOT go on a bus.

Where in Miami are do want to get off? where is your destination? I know you said "city" so I would guess somewhere Downtown, but you could have just said "city" to mean just Miami because it is a CITY.
Miami's empty CBD isn't somewhere I'd want to be late at night. Transiting the CBD is pretty much a given from Miami Beach regardless of destination

Even besides that, taking public transport long distances is going to be tough. Not to mention you're not going to want to be in that position where the end of your workday is pushing up against the last bus home for the night...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,328 times
Public transport AND in the middle of the night..?

Even if such a service existed,would u use it without fear & loathing..?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 AM

470 posts, read 1,193,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissIndependent View Post
I'm thinking probably just Miami, because it seems like that would be more inexpensive (i'm working on an EXTREMELY low budget right now and I've found that Miami Beach is wicked expensive, no?). I was planning on using public transit to get to work, as well. Thanks!
Actually, Miami Beach is really inexpensive. A LOT cheaper than you might think, sure was WAY cheaper than what I imagined before finding out how really inexpensive it is. If I didn't live in Miami, Miami Beach would be the obvious choice .

When are you planning on moving over here?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM

21 posts, read 63,350 times
Interesting! I'm thinking January. But I'll be needing to find work...and on a slightly related note...is most of the nightlife in Miami Beach or general Miami? Thanks!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:26 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Interesting! I'm thinking January. But I'll be needing to find work...and on a slightly related note...is most of the nightlife in Miami Beach or general Miami? Thanks!
Depends...most of the clubs are on Miami Beach, lots of other nightlife all around the area though.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM

That's great to know! Thanks!!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,057,963 times
Quote:
That's great to know! Thanks!!
You need a car here if you plan to work in the late hours for your personal safety. You don't want to be at at bus stop in the late night hours. Chances are you will be by yourself in a dark street waiting 20-30 minutes for a bus. The metro stations are not that safe either in the late night hours. You will see that your coworkers will get concerned and probably even offer a ride home.

Don't do it. Take driving classes if you don't know how to drive.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Cool! I do have a car...I'm just hoping the 'rents will let me bring it....!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: