Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 AM

470 posts, read 1,194,393 times

Advertisements

This just proves my point that those "ranks" of most dangerous, most crime, etc. are bull crap. I just saw one that had Jacksonville as second most dangerous city in Florida, Orlando was number one, and Miami number three. Nationwide, Orlando was 11th and Miami 35th. So much for "OMG Miami is so dangerous, I would never live THERE!" or "Miami is so dangerous I don't even like to cross the county line" or any of the bull crap non sense some people have said and SAY. HA!

A sidenote, like I have said BEFORE, you have to look at what factors are being taken into consideration and look at the numbers. You can't just read, Miami is in the top 50 for most dangerous, and say "OMG, it's a war zone," or "OMG, it's a third world country." PITIFUL!

What are your thought and opinions on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Orlando's very poor crime rate was a year or two ago. The crime in Orlando has actually dropped a lot this past year or two, which is great news. I think Orlando being the most dangerous city in FL was just for that one year that the crime spiked so much. I believe it was 2007. Jacksonville is huge, and has been known for FL's crime capitol for years now.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,066,112 times
Orlando is and has always been a dump. I'm not surprised with the results at all.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:57 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,387,720 times
Yep, many people around the country who don't spend much time in a particular city are entrenched in how things used to be...I'm sure you hear the same about NYC, DC, etc.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,471,332 times
I think we all learned last year during the primary elections that rankings/stats etc. are not always correct. They are only a guide. Here is a new ranking http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/mo...estate-markets

Old 03-15-2010, 06:24 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
The problem is that "Miami" is very different from "Miami-Dade county". I think our scumbags are just more spread out that other cities. If they only count the city then we will rank lower. It would be easier if they did these ranking by county but most people have no idea which county is which unless they live near it.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,330,113 times
I walked extensively throughout different parts of town and didn't feel threatened in any of them. Granted I didn't go through Overtown or Liberty City, but why would anyone unless they lived there or were looking for trouble.

It doesn't apply just to Miami though, if you look for trouble, you'll find it. Just know what areas to avoid and you'll be fine.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I walked extensively throughout different parts of town and didn't feel threatened in any of them. Granted I didn't go through Overtown or Liberty City, but why would anyone unless they lived there or were looking for trouble.

It doesn't apply just to Miami though, if you look for trouble, you'll find it. Just know what areas to avoid and you'll be fine.
EXACTLY! My goodness how hard is it for people to understand how life ACTUALLY is. Come back to reality. And also EXACTLY, unless you live there, there's absoultely no reason to go in there UNLESS it's drug related or anything crime related, AND if anything happends to you it's own fault.

Well, that only applies to cities that are actually dangerous.

AND once again EXACTLY! avoid the dangerous areas and you have no worries.

THAT'S HOW IT IS PEOPLE!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I think we all learned last year during the primary elections that rankings/stats etc. are not always correct. They are only a guide. Here is a new ranking Most Troubled Real Estate Markets - Yahoo! Real Estate
Ummm this is about Miami not primary elections, stay on topic, you don't want your posts to be deleted .

Anywho, obviously people still havn't learned, they still just see a city in a list of most dangeous and say it's a third world country. In some ranks, Miami was in the top tep nationwide, in some it wasn't even in the top 25. In some Orlando was ranked higher than Miami in crime and dangerous level. YOU HAVE TO SEE WHAT FACTORS ARE BEING USED!

And did someone actually call Orlando a dump? really? What is nice to you? Star Island and the other AMAZINGLY, OVER THE TOP islands in Miami?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The problem is that "Miami" is very different from "Miami-Dade county". I think our scumbags are just more spread out that other cities. If they only count the city then we will rank lower. It would be easier if they did these ranking by county but most people have no idea which county is which unless they live near it.
No they shouldn't be by county, more many reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami