Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 5,184 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm planning on relocating back to Miami soon. I've found plenty of rental listings and realtors on craigslist and MLS (seems like realtors all have access to the same listings). Can anyone recommend a good realtor that can help me get the best deal? I understand that, as a tenant, I will not have to pay any fees -- those are paid by the landlord. From what I understand, rentals in the Downtown/Brickell area are going for less than advertised, so I would need a realtor that knows the condo market in the area and who is able to negotiate effectively. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 07:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Just walk to the buildings and ask the people there to show you. Realtors in Florida don't want to deal with people looking for a rental, and if they do they will be working more with the seller because that's where they get their money. Brickell is simple, they want people.. go to the buildings directly and negotiate. Why is a realtor, who is paid a percentage by the landlord going to negotiate the best they can for you?

Last edited by intelfan11315; 04-18-2010 at 07:19 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Just walk to the buildings and ask the people there to show you. Realtors in Florida don't want to deal with people looking for a rental, and if they do they will be working more with the seller because that's where they get their money. Brickell is simple, they want people.. go to the buildings directly and negotiate. Why is a realtor, who is paid a percentage by the landlord going to negotiate the best they can for you?
Thanks for your response. I completely get your point about realtors not wanting to deal with rentals, especially on the tenant side. The only thing about walking into buildings (I would think) is that some of these buildings are condos, either owned by the developer or indivual unit owners. My only concern is how to get to the MLS rentals that are owned by individual owners where the building does not have a leasing office.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard78000 View Post
Thanks for your response. I completely get your point about realtors not wanting to deal with rentals, especially on the tenant side. The only thing about walking into buildings (I would think) is that some of these buildings are condos, either owned by the developer or indivual unit owners. My only concern is how to get to the MLS rentals that are owned by individual owners where the building does not have a leasing office.

You can search craigslist for that. A lot of the places do offer rentals, and sometimes when you are there, there will be realtors waing to show you the place, other times you will meet with the building directly. From my experience it is hit or miss, but either way you'll most likely get to see rooms within 20 minutes of being there.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM

245 posts, read 662,675 times
I just moved here in May and used this site. Miami Condos for Sale | MiamiCondoLifestyle.com
They assigned me to a realtor. I would not recommend just walking into building looking for assistance. The offices can have funky hours that include 2 hour lunch breaks. Also, you won't be able to see units offered by individual owners. They generally don't want to deal with you until you are around 45 days from your move. The condos can move pretty quick down here and chances are what you are looking at 60 days out will be gone.
I'm having a blast living in Brickell.

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
I have used (twice) and recommend Renter's Paradise Realty, these guys basically do rentals all day, and I actually felt like they were a sort of "buyer's agent."

Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 PM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
As a prospective tenant, you always need a Realtor who represent you in the rental transaction who not be the realtor listing agent that works evidently for the best interest of the landlord/owner.
Only a real estate agent that you hire for your own benefit can work for you and of course, negociate the rental price for the best of your interest.
I know very well what I am telling you about. Do not walk into the buildings to ask for rental units because the management front desk personel and security do not have anything to do with the rental units in the buildings. Most of the listings are with Real Estate brokerage firms and that's why you have to contact a realtor who work for you and do the work for you and not the landlords.
I hope it help you to understand the Real Estate business.

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 11-14-2010 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Advertising Not Allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: