Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelyDiligent View Post
You folks are the best ! Your kindness says alot of about the goodness of Floridians.
Haha, not all of us here are that nice. You will learn that soon, especially in South FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 AM

929 posts, read 1,156,399 times
goodness of floridians

ROFL

wait till she gets here! wait till she gets here! lol

i knew a guy here from manhattan who said he was shocked at how mean and rude everyone was down here in miami.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
That is one of the reason my sister is leaving Miami and moving to manhatten the people are amazing friendly up there. When I went up last time, I noticed it too.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,101 times
I encounter more nice people than not nice. The only rude person I've enountered lately is a cardiologist who I will not mention his name, but why oh why do doctors have to berate RN's? Don't they know we are on the same team? And when they write orders that are illegible, that is a MAJOR safety factor. And we are advocates for our patients, for goodness sake.

Sorry to get off topic a little.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:20 PM

142 posts, read 608,293 times
Quote:
You folks are the best ! Your kindness says alot of about the goodness of Floridians. We're moving from Jersey or as some say Jeeeezzzy.
Good luck. Im a Jersey transplant. Been in S Fl for 10 years. Now Im getting the heck out!! Why the move? Fl is just as expenisve as Jersey now, but everything is worse here (Schools, crime, pay etc.)

Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
Good luck. Im a Jersey transplant. Been in S Fl for 10 years. Now Im getting the heck out!! Why the move? Fl is just as expenisve as Jersey now, but everything is worse here (Schools, crime, pay etc.)
So true!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,399 times
its a shame too cuz miami is so damn pretty.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM

15 posts, read 74,043 times
Coral Way near SW 31 Ave.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 PM

184 posts, read 611,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Weston is in the middle of nowhere, kind of crowded, extremely overpriced, low quality construction. It has no Florida character to it and is a monoculture of developments. The city wants to micro-manage your lives. It also has a third-world feel in some areas. In short, to me Weston is just something to look at on the way to Clewiston. No way I would ever want to live there.

For a much better living experience try Southwest Ranches. Now that's a NICE place! Way too expensive nowadays though.
Weston is a great place to live , we have been here for nearly eight months and love it .... good schools , beautiful parks and recreational areas , low crime , diverse yes besides a lot of professional hispanics and New Yorkers , there are Asians and Indians ( Hindus ) here we also have friends from the UK and Holland . Excellent medical facilities like the Cleveland Clinic and Dan Marino Childrens hospital ....... Marino , Bernie Kosar , Jeff Conine , Angelo Dundee , Jason Taylor , Eddie Jones and a slew of other professional athletes live here . Property values are maintained , the community is well kept , green and manicured and has one of the highest incomes per capita for cities under 60,000 residents in the entire country !!!

The city does not want to micro manage your lives and please tell me where it has a third world feel , what an absurd comment ?

Actually maybe they just want to keep people like you out , which is fine by me !!

I lived in Alpharetta , Georgia for nearly seven years and Weston is every bit as nice and upscale with much less traffic . I agree with most comments here on South Florida and Miami in particular , but Tallricks comments on Weston are simply wrong .

Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Coral Way near SW 31 Ave.
Is this where you are going to be working?

Derek I agree Weston is nice, but just so far out west. Weston is practically next to the Everglades. Duely said he was a young guy, Weston isn't a place for a young single man. If he has any sort of social life he will be out near the beaches and doing that drive out to Weston after drinking will not be a great idea. He will be kicking himself if he lives out in Weston and has a social life. Weston is great if you have a family with children...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami