Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:15 PM

32 posts, read 34,345 times

Advertisements

If parking fees are the reason people don't frequent the mall, then the mall can lower parking fees. The fact that they haven't shows that isn't the issue. I bet the mall makes most of its money from parking anyway, from LA Fitness and movie customers.

I just think for a mall, people would rather drive a bit further south to The Falls, or a bit further north to Dadeland, both of which are superior malls (in my opinion). The fact that parking is free is just a bonus.

The thing I miss the most about this mall is the IMAX theater that used to be there in the late 90s/early 00s. It was a true, giant screen 70mm IMAX, unlike the fake IMAX they have now. I saw several films there and they were amazing, particularly The Lion King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,413,674 times
I haven't been to this mall in a long time because of the parking situation. With that said, I thought they validated tickets for LA fitness members and if you purchased something from the mall?

Old 10-31-2014, 12:16 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,413,946 times
1 reason why i dont go here. I take the Metrorail though to get here (park my car in friends condo in Brickell) with friends. But then i live 10 minutes to Aventura Mall. Free parking is awesome.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:54 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,737,697 times
We use to go there a lot when we lived in Olympia heights for movies, but now that I am much closer to south,and mall with free parking I have no reason to go there unless the odd movie time for a popular movie. ( incidentally, about the only place you CAN get a 5:30 movie time )

Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 12,049,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
1 reason why i dont go here. I take the Metrorail though to get here (park my car in friends condo in Brickell) with friends. But then i live 10 minutes to Aventura Mall. Free parking is awesome.
I've always thought traffic, and parking, were among the problems with Sunset Place. The problem with taking the metrorail to get there- if I recall it right, the UM station is the closest to Sunset Place, but you'd still have to run the gauntlet to get across US 1 to get to the shopping center. Unless they've run an overpass across the highway, and as I recall there were no plans to do that.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:55 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,806,445 times
They do not learn from their mistakes. The mall that was there before called Bakery Center was also a flop and for the same reasons. Not enough parking, no free parking and astronomically high rent. Most stores do not last long. The only good anchor is the theater and the mall cannot survive on just that.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:10 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,926,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I've always thought traffic, and parking, were among the problems with Sunset Place. The problem with taking the metrorail to get there- if I recall it right, the UM station is the closest to Sunset Place, but you'd still have to run the gauntlet to get across US 1 to get to the shopping center. Unless they've run an overpass across the highway, and as I recall there were no plans to do that.
They give you like 20 seconds to cross and make you wait several minutes for the privilege. To give you an idea, I do half marathons and triathlons and I have only a couple seconds to spare when I get across. It's a shame since it's the only theater in the area and the easiest accessible to Brickell and UM via mass transit (...on paper, at least...).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami