Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:44 AM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times

Advertisements

hey let them grow pot. as long as they grow pot and not make meth and start blowing up houses.
driving would get better as it slowed them down and made them more cautious.
i know guys in california who id only ride in their car if they were high because they were sloppy drivers sober. of course they werent anywhere near as bad as most people on the roads out here.
also ive heard their stuff is crap out here. sticks and seeds. i used to smoke occasionally at parties and such out in california. had the best of the best - hawaiian pacalolo and california medicinal marijuana from a friend who was a medical student. after that youre kind of broken because you cant get better than that. havent touched the stuff for years since i stopped going to raves.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM

58 posts, read 193,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I don't even smoke pot or use any drugs. I just HATE drug dealers and want to see them gone! The only way is to decriminalize the drug trade so people can grow their own and get high at home. For a while it will be a mess but not everyone will want to get stoned, and I think people will do it less when they know it's available. Less people smoke cigarettes by population percentage, and they are legal. Cut off the profits and the grow houses will be gone. Just go back to the way it was in 1900.
agreed, and I don't smoke anything either!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:12 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,006 times
I support the legalization of pot. It's a joke to send someone to jail or whatever for a joint or an ounce. Personal consumption is nobody's business. And no, I do NOT smoke pot or cigarettes.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:54 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
not defending illegals or the drug trade. but...

living in cape coral, growhouse capital of the world (cops bust atleast 5 a week here) you learn a few things about them

what they dont tell you is the majority of this marijuana is sent off to be sold at ridiculous markup in midwestern and northern states where 90% of its buyers are good ol average mostly white suburban americans.

and the concept of growhouses in florida goes back to the 50s and 60s before the massive influx of hispanics. so to try and blame cubans 100% would be unjust.

end the demand and the supply will follow.....

I also agree on legalizing it

That's where my point of "undiscriminated immigration" goes. Having the same problems inside the nation, is no justification at all to import the same problems. Supposedly, immigrants come here to imporve their lives in a better society; what we gain in exchange? well, good peope who will eventually REPLACE those bads inside and will help our nation grow. Instead, because of the undiscrimated open borders, we give a hand, they take the elbow and then "I can do it too because gringos do it"

Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 AM

61 posts, read 179,832 times
Quote:
Just floated in on the raft? Got dry feet but no job? Can't afford inflated Miami real estate? NBC 6 had a story on a new career in indoor agriculture. Simply manage a lucrative cannabis farm indoors, and you'll have plenty of $$$$ to show off to live that Miami lifestyle.

Just another reason to decriminalze all substances, including marijuana. Cut off the profits, and save the taxpayers billions to boot. I have hated drug dealing for a while- it started the real estate bubble in Miami.

Fine fine, I'll give you this, but your missing the Bigger picture:

The columbian international cocaine trafficking problem.

Your dealing with much worse people here than a few cubans growing some pot. They're well funded and their activities largely go unnoticed. These guys have submarines :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco_submarine

Cocaine trafficking is still very much alive in the united states and south Florida, it's just a lot more covert and underground than your silly little pot grow houses. The money that is made in the Cocaine business dwarfs the pot growers by an order of magnitude.

And the pot business didn't spark the real estate bubble. Organized Crime who rents out grow houses to private individuals to manage the operation amount to 1% of the real estate transactions that were taking place during the years leading up to the peak. The real estate problem is nationwide, not limited to a specific geographic region.

Also, South Florida is ironically not #1 in Mortgage or Real Estate Fraud, according to MARI (you know, the people who know this stuff):

the state with the highest amount of Fraud is get this : Rhode Island.

Don't take my word for it, here's the report, read it yourself:
http://www.marisolutions.com/pdfs/mb...eport-11th.pdf

UPDATE: Florida was #1 in 2007 and 2006. The stats are based on Volume Ratios.

Last edited by Lcstyle; 06-28-2009 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Accuracy.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
NBC hates maryjane and loves crack.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 PM

549 posts, read 1,664,976 times
Quote:
Just floated in on the raft? Got dry feet but no job? Can't afford inflated Miami real estate? NBC 6 had a story on a new career in indoor agriculture. Simply manage a lucrative cannabis farm indoors, and you'll have plenty of $$$$ to show off to live that Miami lifestyle.

Just another reason to decriminalze all substances, including marijuana. Cut off the profits, and save the taxpayers billions to boot. I have hated drug dealing for a while- it started the real estate bubble in Miami.
I bet that many women of Cuban background in Miami have rejected you over and over. Ha ha...

Cuban refugees are good people.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:55 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:

Drug dealers in Miami aren't smart enough to invest in real estate. The cocaine cowboys are long gone... The only local industries that benefit from Miami's cocaine mecca status are car dealerships, luxury car rental agencies, and night clubs.

New age, minority thugs do not recognize (or even comprehend) the notion of delayed gratification, like investing in anything. They only respond to immeadiate impulses, like hookers, more drugs, and fancy cars...

Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 PM

552 posts, read 592,129 times
There was a big thing about the Cocaine Cowboys lastnight on America's Most Wanted... and a couple weeks ago, or maybe it was last week, they had a big sex offender sting ..... they wanted to catch all these idiots...... where did they set up shop to reel in and get these dirtbags? In Broward County.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:31 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
There was a big thing about the Cocaine Cowboys lastnight on America's Most Wanted... and a couple weeks ago, or maybe it was last week, they had a big sex offender sting ..... they wanted to catch all these idiots...... where did they set up shop to reel in and get these dirtbags? In Broward County.
To Catch a Predator? That show has been done all over the US. Cocaine Cowboys is based off of Miami drug cartels in the 1980s. Now if we were talking about the tv show COPS, that's VERY commonly filmed in South FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami