Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 AM

118 posts, read 443,509 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I lived in Michigan my whole life and just moved to NY. I wouldn't go back to MI under any circumstances, it is just a very unstable place, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM

8 posts, read 10,189 times
I honestly would love to go home asap. This state is NOTHING like home. The people here are not as friendly as back home and the food is awful. I do appreciate all the responses with info though. I am thinking now about getting my old job back in the city and moving home while my husband stays here. We can see one another on weekends and if it works it works and if not then at least I am home, working and happy.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times
The cost of living in NYC is out of site compared to almost anywhere in Michigan. If I were looking to survive in a tight job market, I would go where it doesn't cost an arm and a leg just to get by.
My motto has always been...if you can't find work you like or will except...then make your own job, stop complaining. Worked for me long ago, never worked for the Man since, and its been 40 years on my own, since I was 28 years old.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:18 AM

939 posts, read 2,680,271 times
Stop trolling! It is a wonderful place if u have the brains, connections, & cojones to go out & make a living instead of living off the state

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolatenow View Post
The cost of living is too high in Michigan too if you are not on SS or SSI and so on.The state is in horrific conditions.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:53 AM

274 posts, read 627,527 times
Quote:
The cost of living is too high in Michigan too if you are not on SS or SSI and so on.The state is in horrific conditions.

Cost of living is too high in MI? What are you talking about? LOL sounds like a troll to me because all you do is say the same thing in other posts. Keep your negativity to yourself.

Not all industries are in bad shape. I have been in MI for less than a week and I have 2 interviews next week and I got 11 calls for jobs in this week. Some were out of my experience level and some were short term contracts. I work in IT by the way.

For those who just come to the MI forum to bash because you can't find work, maybe you need to get some new skills.

I stand up and say HELL YEA I'M PROUD TO BE FROM MICHIGAN!!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
And just when I thought it was safe to cross the Bridge again....

Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 PM

8 posts, read 10,189 times
Wow guys. I am not on SSI or anything like that. Haven't lived a day on welfare in my life. I don't see the cost of living in NY to be a problem. I lived there for 33 years before moving here and I always did just fine I am happy that some are getting offers and interviews, but let's face it, that doesn't happen to everyone. Not to mention MI is in the worst shape in the job market right now. I am not in a big town or even close to one. We are in the sticks and it's nuts lol. I guess according to some on here I don't have the "cojones" to make it in small town MI bc after only a few months I am packing it up and going home to the big city....jobs, life, things to do lol Good luck to everyone in MI that does not have work right now.

Also, did you all know that more people have moved out of MI since 2007 then any other state? I found that interesting

Old 06-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny'er at heart View Post
Wow guys. I am not on SSI or anything like that. Haven't lived a day on welfare in my life. I don't see the cost of living in NY to be a problem. I lived there for 33 years before moving here and I always did just fine I am happy that some are getting offers and interviews, but let's face it, that doesn't happen to everyone. Not to mention MI is in the worst shape in the job market right now. I am not in a big town or even close to one. We are in the sticks and it's nuts lol. I guess according to some on here I don't have the "cojones" to make it in small town MI bc after only a few months I am packing it up and going home to the big city....jobs, life, things to do lol Good luck to everyone in MI that does not have work right now.

Also, did you all know that more people have moved out of MI since 2007 then any other state? I found that interesting
Go where your heart is...you won't be happy unless you do....

Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM

939 posts, read 2,680,271 times
Many people are leaving Michigan to obtain jobs in their skill set. Then, you have others who aquire a new skill and are able to find employment. U live in Cadillac so your options are EXTREMELY limited. There are jobs available as a home health aide. You need to put an effort forth. Or, you can go back to sitting in traffic on LI and the low cost of living that you guys left behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny'er at heart View Post

Old 06-12-2010, 04:04 PM

The grass always looks greener somewhere else, its human nature to think that way. Fact is, sometimes it is, but not often. I beleive I could make it anywhere I put my mind to...problem is, the forest gets in the way of the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan