Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM

26 posts, read 60,052 times

Advertisements

Downtown, historic neighborhoods in East Lansing would be ideal for someone who is homeschooling - you could be within walking distance to shopping, community center (recreation, pool, etc.), public library, Michigan State University campus, a number of parks, and a number of arts/cultural events. E.L. differs from the other areas mentioned because it is walkable, safe, affordable, and the city is not occupied by hillbillies and riff-raff.

See: homeineastlansing.com. I'm particularly fond of the Glencairn and Chesterfield Hills neighborhoods for offering the best walkability and access to city ammenities; they are listed under the "southwest region" portion of the "neighborhoods" tab. The Bailey neighborhood (northeast region) is also very walkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 AM

485 posts, read 966,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
Downtown, historic neighborhoods in East Lansing would be ideal for someone who is homeschooling - you could be within walking distance to shopping, community center (recreation, pool, etc.), public library, Michigan State University campus, a number of parks, and a number of arts/cultural events. E.L. differs from the other areas mentioned because it is walkable, safe, affordable, and the city is not occupied by hillbillies and riff-raff.

See: homeineastlansing.com. I'm particularly fond of the Glencairn and Chesterfield Hills neighborhoods for offering the best walkability and access to city ammenities; they are listed under the "southwest region" portion of the "neighborhoods" tab. The Bailey neighborhood (northeast region) is also very walkable.
Strictly a heads up and not trying to stir any pots here...just full disclosure on something you may be wanting to know which may attract or not attract you. My daughter took her driving test several years ago and the instructor was talking (maybe should have been paying attention to my daughter's driving) about his living in East Lansing. Says he was the "token Conservative" in East Lansing. Well, it's no secret to locals that East Lansing is ground zero for liberal politics (many MSU professors live there). I'm not condemning that, I just think some folks would like to know the political/philosophical leanings of the residents and their local government. One factor (but not the main one) I looked at was the voting results of local precincts before I chose a community (Mason) to settle in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan