Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:14 PM

146 posts, read 640,851 times

Advertisements

Someone started a conversation earlier regarding who's to blame for
Michigan's current difficulties, Engler or Granholm. Clearly both are.
Engler=Boy's club, back scratching nightmare
Granholm= Union smooching, special interest group(ie).
What I want to know is who any of you think would be the best
candidate to run the next time around.
I realize some of you might not want to tip your hand in regard to your
political affiliation but since I can swing either way I'll go first
(and probably last). As I mentioned earlier, I like Peter Hoekstra. I think
he's honest, he knows business and how to legislate.
What I would really like is a Mark Warner type (from Virginia) who I was
hoping would run for president but we don't have one of those.
Instead we have Ted Nugent and Michael Moore.

Last edited by Wabbit; 06-21-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 05:33 PM

66 posts, read 341,629 times
Why not Jeff Daniels? He's getting more face time than anyone in the state.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Cool thread Wabbit! I am new to the state so I can't give an educated answer. At the risk of being flamed , although he's a bit too liberal for me, I like Michael Moore's "expose them all!" ways! I think he would stay honest and lay bare the political bullcrap that holds this state down. IMHO!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,524 times
Default run state

me, I would do a good job. first I would get rid of all republicans, and pass universal health care. vote to impeach bush and pull out of iraq

Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM

146 posts, read 640,851 times
Good Job Guys!
Thanks JeffCandace, I love the positive vibe you've brought to this forum.
I really can't see a need for anyone to get flamed for stating their opinion here. I'm hoping for as wide a range of people as possible. In other words,
don't be afraid to think out of the box. (Like Jeff Daniels/AnonyAmerican)

Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,962 times
Personally I think Michael Moore is an embarrassment to Michigan as well as to America. His pathetic ways have given him the nickname sicko.

I can't believe people even voted for Granholm in the first place, a Canadian born... and then re-voted her bad in, I guess as a way of saying she's doing such a good job with the state???? When a state is doing bad you don't vote the person in charge back in. She should have been out so stinking fast!

Putting republicans in charge would be a step in the right direction for the state.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 PM

841 posts, read 4,838,640 times
Default ?

Yeah, just like putting Republicans in charge of the country turned out real well, too.
A good balance is what is needed. I agree with whoever stated that someone like Warner (VA) would be a great asset to the state. I live in VA (lived in MI for 23 years) and remember upon moving to VA from FL five years ago, how astounded I was at how well the VA government was run. From our city, to our county, all the way up to the state level. Warner was in charge for four years. Too bad VA doesn't allow two-term governors. I believe Michigan's governors stay in their positions too long. Isn't the term six years? And if re-elected it's 12 years????? That's crazy, no matter if it's a democrat or republican at the helm.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM

41 posts, read 38,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catotheyounger View Post
me, I would do a good job. first I would get rid of all republicans, and pass universal health care. vote to impeach bush and pull out of iraq
I am with you on that one!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM

41 posts, read 38,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
he should have been out so stinking fast!
Putting republicans in charge would be a step in the right direction for the state.
And what a winner Dick Devos was. NOT!!! The best campaign ad was the Bear Made in China!

My company only makes things in China for the Chinese! Oh yeah right!

Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,429 times
Tax and more tax Dems..just want the state needs. Dump on Republicans, although they've done some damge to this state, the Dems are just as bad, if not worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: