Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times

Advertisements

My wife and I may be moving to Ann Arbor in a few years and would like to know the job situation. House and car will be paid for and will just need jobs to pay for food , utilities and such. We will be in our 50's and just looking for work, not careers. From what we can see, Ann Arbor seems like a nice place and we are trying to get whatever information on life there that we can. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 AM

57 posts, read 206,870 times
Its a very nice town and the Job situation there is much better than most of Michigan. Ann Arbor is a very nice town and there is plenty of stuff to do there I am constantly hearing there is something for everyone there no matter who you are but it is very liberal even more so than most other cities in the country (if that bothers you) the scenery and parks are great. I have lived in Michigan all my life and there is not a better looking town in this state. It is listed as one of the best places in almost everything on some list somewhere, be careful though about the far east side near the border and Ypsilanti cause if the deal looks to good to be true over there it probably is and there is a lot of drugs and crime and it takes knowing the area in order to get a good deal and be safe there and that could take years. Though Ann Arbor is one of the safest places in Michigan. I am biased I love Ann Arbor and that whole area of Michigan (shout out to Saline, Tecumseh, Clinton and Chelsea as well)
I hope you enjoy it and good luck.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
dont call yourself an "old fart"

Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Look in the mirror. Smile and say loudly and clearly "Good Morning. Welcome to WallMart. We hope that you have the best possible shopping experience."

Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Look in the mirror. Smile and say loudly and clearly "Good Morning. Welcome to WallMart. We hope that you have the best possible shopping experience."
If "Welcome to Walmart" pays the bills, so be it. Have been living overseas for almost 30 years and simple basic wage jobs like that are not really available to foreigners. 1st comment very helpful, thanks. Good to know what areas are better or worse than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan