U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Elgin, Il
5 posts, read 11,287 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Hello, My boyfriend and are are both 22 we are looking into relocation to Menominee/ Marinette from Elgin Il to be closer to his mom. I have lived in the chicago-land area my whole life and have rarely had trouble finding a job. I currently work in a day care as an assistant but have done everything from waitressing to teaching swim lessons and managing a clothing store. He currently works at an auto shop but was in the navy and was trained for a CNC positon.

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on where we could look for a job. Either in our current fields or others. Any input would be great.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of some decent apartments/ rental homes in that area (preferrably Menominee, we like the MI side a bit better)
He also has joint custody of his 2 year old so anything to do with that like day care and whatnot would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2010, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,713,146 times
Reputation: 683
LOL jobs in Menominee. Have you tried Walmart? I think they have one in Marinett Wisconsin. You'll probably be better commuting to Chicago for work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,083 posts, read 36,561,897 times
Reputation: 16950
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
LOL jobs in Menominee. Have you tried Walmart? I think they have one in Marinett Wisconsin. You'll probably be better commuting to Chicago for work.
Ever actually BEEN to Menominee? Or are you just blowing smoke out your azz again as usual?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,713,146 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Ever actually BEEN to Menominee? Or are you just blowing smoke out your azz again as usual?

Actually many times. I go to Minneapolis frequently and go through the UP and cross over into Wisconsin in Menominee since I take 35 out of Escanaba and pick up 41 in Menominee. It's like every other town in the UP. All minimum wage service jobs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Elgin, Il
5 posts, read 11,287 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Actually many times. I go to Minneapolis frequently and go through the UP and cross over into Wisconsin in Menominee since I take 35 out of Escanaba and pick up 41 in Menominee. It's like every other town in the UP. All minimum wage service jobs.
i'm sorry but did i say anything that would make it seem like either of us think were above manual labor or min wage jobs? there are jobs to be had up there we both have a few interviews. i was just hoping someone had a tip like a website or something. but thanks for nothing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,713,146 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by stine19 View Post
i'm sorry but did i say anything that would make it seem like either of us think were above manual labor or min wage jobs? there are jobs to be had up there we both have a few interviews. i was just hoping someone had a tip like a website or something. but thanks for nothing.

If you need a website go here Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.. Here's a tip. Go to McDonalds and Taco Bell and ask for applications. It's in the middle of nowhere. They don't have job sites. Expect $7.40 an hour and 20 hours a week.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,083 posts, read 36,561,897 times
Reputation: 16950
Please don't judge the rest of us Michaganders by Scolls. We are not all jack-asses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,713,146 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Please don't judge the rest of us Michaganders by Scolls. We are not all jack-asses.

Then post all the jobs in the UP. That's right there is none so it's easier to attack me than address the issue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,083 posts, read 36,561,897 times
Reputation: 16950
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Then post all the jobs in the UP. That's right there is none so it's easier to attack me than address the issue.
I'm not in Menominee so I can't post all the jobs, but neither are you so you are blowing a bunch of crap you know nothing about. Still more of the same-old, same-old BS from you. Anything not Harper Woods is crap according to your posts.

If you notice I am NOT saying there are a bunch of jobs (because I really don't know); what I am saying is that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the area, so nobody should take anything you have to say as fact.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,713,146 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I'm not in Menominee so I can't post all the jobs, but neither are you so you are blowing a bunch of crap you know nothing about. Still more of the same-old, same-old BS from you. Anything not Harper Woods is crap according to your posts.

If you notice I am NOT saying there are a bunch of jobs (because I really don't know); what I am saying is that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the area, so nobody should take anything you have to say as fact.

Here's the area paper Help Wanted - EHEXTRA - Marinette, WI

It's better than what I thought. You can be a school bus driver for $8/HR and get 32 hours a week. Also looks like Menards is hiring. Also the school bus job is in Escanaba which is 50 miles away.

Ive been to Menominee numerous times. I highly doubt there are many people here who live there and will comment. It's the same old thing with you. You say I'm full of **** but you can't post anything to the contrary because you know there aren't any jobs there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top