Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 PM

9,466 posts, read 10,793,341 times

Advertisements

New England and New York are very pretty in the fall just like Michigan is. The biggest difference is the cost. Scolls will have a much thinner wallet after going there in the fall, all the prices out east are jacked sky high. Then there is the 800 mile drive too, a good part of it through Ohio(ughh). Michigan is just as pretty, alot more water and alot less hills. The real benefit to staying in Michigan is saving money and driving alot less. (even from Detroit) Scolls I hear Gaylord is nice this time of year, maybe you should check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,116 times
Scolls,

On this I really have to join in and say you've lost the argument with just about everyone here. I've been to NY and out east. There are beautiful places there, but please to say Michigan is any less is just not true and only shows that you like to post anything that is negative about our state. Give it up at least on this issue. Michigan is BEAUTIFUL in the fall. It's just as nice here as out east. I give the east its due which is something you should do for Michigan. There is no just reason to belittle our state on something like fall color. I get it you hate Gaylord but there is no negative in Michigan when it comes to our color display.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:13 PM

364 posts, read 877,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You are right, nicer scenery than Downstate Michigan, and since you can't lower yourself to like anything North of 59 or West of 23 you might as well take your money out of state.

Before you ask, yes I have been there, lots of times.
I wouldnt even go that far. PARTS of NY have nicer scenery that PARTS of southern Michigan.

Had my first sip of cider this Fall today

Old 09-17-2010, 10:19 AM

528 posts, read 885,420 times
Default We need a Scolls-bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post

You're so predictable. I plan on tuning up my snowblower, getting new tires for the wife's vehicle, putting the snow tires on my car and pray we get 200" of snow and temps far below normal until March
It would save him a lot of time. He might be able to get out and have some fun.

I'm planning on arriving. That's as far as we've made it. Taking a short detour in St. Louis after all, my friend's husband just took some money and his new cel phone and disappeared on her.... We're on our way, but we're going to spend a few days there and wait for the van. Then we'll start house hunting....

Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Swan diving off of Niagra Falls is popular in late winter. Maybe you could try it, just once
The angel on my left shoulder really thinks this is wrong.

The "angel" on my right shoulder likes good snark.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:59 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,178,622 times
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone that I'm going to suggest visiting Northern Michigan Wine Country this fall. All the wineries will be busy picking and crushing grapes, farm markets will be full of produce, delicious jams and baked goods, the salmon will be trying to jump the falls in Fishtown and the local otters probably putting on a show (Leland), the beaches will be quiet and perfect for lakeside walks, and the countryside will be ablaze with color. Best place on earth, IMHO

hope the above isn't too pretty for you, scolls...

Some Leelanau winemakers

Old 09-17-2010, 01:03 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,896,967 times
Love watching those salmon at fishtown!!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times
Very nice plug for the Leelanau , a peacefull pastoral part of Lower Michigan. We enjoyed our visits long ago, down there.Always remembered Northport , for some reason, back in my Lake Michigan Sailing days.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM

238 posts, read 742,565 times
I'm flying up to Michigan in October to visit my wife and for the colors. We're pretty much limited to south central Michigan as she's working. But we can get up to Holland and drive along Lake Michigan. I'd love to go to Leelanau, beautiful views. We used to make the rounds of the wineries, ending up with a couple cases of wine. So many places to see, so little time....

Old 09-17-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone that I'm going to suggest visiting Northern Michigan Wine Country this fall. All the wineries will be busy picking and crushing grapes, farm markets will be full of produce, delicious jams and baked goods, the salmon will be trying to jump the falls in Fishtown and the local otters probably putting on a show (Leland), the beaches will be quiet and perfect for lakeside walks, and the countryside will be ablaze with color. Best place on earth, IMHO

hope the above isn't too pretty for you, scolls...

Some Leelanau winemakers
:shoc ked:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan