Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:23 PM

749 posts, read 2,762,149 times

Advertisements

where ever YOU are scolls, is the ugliest place in Michigan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,982,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
where ever YOU are scolls, is the ugliest place in Michigan

Awww how cute, your panties are in a bunch because someone doesn't think your northern Michigan is a paradise.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:11 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,702,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
You've been to Saginaw and couldn't find an ugly city?
Not everybody LOOKS for the worst in a place. Some actually look for the good in either an area or a person. Not that I expect you to agree or even understand that concept.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:24 AM

749 posts, read 2,762,149 times
Quote:
Awww how cute, your panties are in a bunch because someone doesn't think your northern Michigan is a paradise.
*yawn*,,,,,glad you dont like it up here, means you will stay away!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:56 PM

528 posts, read 881,443 times
Quote:
You've been to Saginaw and couldn't find an ugly city?
LOL.... Scolls.... You're not doing yourself any favors.

Try growing up in Los Angeles, having pimps harass you at the ripe old age of 11, guns, drugs, junkies, burned out buildings, helicopters flying overhead....

And that's not the worst of my childhood....

Saginaw to me looks like Mayberry.

Get a grip, Scolls. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like it. I happen to like it here, even some of the "dreary", rural, sleepy areas. My children will never experience the hell I went through, and they can play outside and be boys. Ponies and snow and fishing poles and barbeques and boating and... life. Nature. Wholesome, nature. Girl next door, hard work, work ethic, knowing the value of something because you earned it. There's a lot to be said for that kind of life Scolls. Thankfully I spent part of my time with people who shared that with me, so I knew to pursue it for my kids.

We're pretty simple people, who like a quiet, simple life.

You like different. It's okay! Stop being so darned defensive....

Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
*yawn*,,,,,glad you dont like it up here, means you will stay away!
No, I will bake him cookies and make him smile in his sad soul, and he will forget to be so bitter....

Old 09-29-2010, 05:20 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,873,857 times
The one thing about Michigan is we got all them bad things you can find anywhere else along with a lot of good. Finding you "perfect spot" , IS a crap shoot, wherever you go. Two things you have little control over , your relatives and your neighbors.
Likewise , those who leave Michigan cause they dislike it , usually find that they bring along with them all the baggage that made them so unhappy back in Michigan , or anywhere else. .. Its not all perfect , and for those who remember fondly their youth, their good times, coming back is no guarantee ether. Thomas Wolfe said it best ..." You can't go home again"....home is where you make it at the time , its the luck of the draw.
That said , some places can be better for a person as they age, change jobs, retire,whatever. Mostly it has to do with money and or the lack there of. Almost anyplace is a trade off , a mile shy of Paradise , it can be very easy to oversell, to justify in your mind the moves, the decisions you've made for yourself.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,982,377 times
I'm sorry, I was unaware Saginaw was a beautiful city. I didn't realize Saginaw's highest violent crime rate per capita in the country was somehow better than Los Angeles crime rate.

I didn't think Saginaw was in the paradise this forum calls northern Michigan. I guess only Detroit is excluded from the paradise known as Michigan.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,702,294 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I was unaware Saginaw was a beautiful city. I didn't realize Saginaw's highest violent crime rate per capita in the country was somehow better than Los Angeles crime rate.

I didn't think Saginaw was in the paradise this forum calls northern Michigan. I guess only Detroit is excluded from the paradise known as Michigan.
Did you actually read what idw2s even posted in response to your post? And if you DID read it (which I doubt) step outside your bitter, defensive bubble for a second and try to comprehend what she really said. Didn't say Saginaw was part of Northern Michigan, or that it was in fact a great place (remember, she and her family have been here only a couple weeks so she wouldn't know of your obsessive hatred toward everything outside the Detroit Metro area). Get over yourself and grow up a bit, you have a kid coming if I remember right, time to stop being so bitter toward everything and move on with being happy.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Well, Scolls, I haven't made it to Detroit yet, so how would I know?

I hereby solemnly swear, that when I go to Detroit (and I will) that I will post all the things I liked about it. I'm sure there will be some. I like to visit the city, but the city isn't so fond of my dreams of owning a herd of horses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan