Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,592,332 times

Advertisements

Waaaah! I don't like seeing people in stretch pants at Wal-Mart! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Do what I do...avoid Wal-Mart.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:25 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,711,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyup67 View Post
Saw many "people of walmart" yesterday. I personally do not understand why people do not take some pride in themselves. If you are going out shopping, for Gods sake, at least brush your hair and get out of your p.j.'s!! That is the laziest thing I have ever seen! I just wanna smack people!!
I've wondered about that one for a while myself. PJs in public? I mean, in a store?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 AM

939 posts, read 2,675,118 times
WOW!!! My thoughts exactly Laziness is epidemic up here. Perhaps that is one of the reasons 25% of the citizens recieve some sort of public assistance, and some are brought up thinking the state owes them a living.

Quote:
Saw many "people of walmart" yesterday. I personally do not understand why people do not take some pride in themselves. If you are going out shopping, for Gods sake, at least brush your hair and get out of your p.j.'s!! That is the laziest thing I have ever seen! I just wanna smack people!!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,275,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
WOW!!! My thoughts exactly Laziness is epidemic up here. Perhaps that is one of the reasons 25% of the citizens recieve some sort of public assistance, and some are brought up thinking the state owes them a living.
Have you bothered to check out the "People of Walmart" website? Laziness isn't just an epidemic "up there", it's a national disease. Maybe you should travel around a bit and see that northern Michigan has no corner on sloth and sloppiness, that it is everywhere. Americans all over have become slobs. When we lived in Arizona we would see people in church, of all places, in ultra-tight denim miniskirts and too small tank tops with their bra straps hanging out or in pajama pants and flip-flops who looked just like the people of Walmart on that website. And I'm not picking on AZ, because if you wanted to, you could stop in at any state between here and there and find the exact same thing, along with increasing numbers of lazy people living off of the government, having kids out of wedlock and expecting the rest of us to pay for them, etc.

Comparing middle and lower class America with the rich snobs of Long Island is an apples and oranges kind of comparison. Why not travel to some other states, look around, and take a turn posting this same thing on every single state's forum?

Have a nice day.

Last edited by canudigit; 10-05-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,876,351 times
Quote:

Lol! Im afraid this kind of thing happens everywhere..not just Michigan or northern michigan. I am with you though....I cant stand people going to the store in their pj's. To me that is the ultimate in laziness. But...I would rather see that then big fat people in skin tight stretchies. Its just gonna get worse unfortunately as the lazy get lazier.
I am thinking more and more these people should have their own country or island. If you are too stupid and lazy to contribute anything to society...you get shipped off to a place where everyone is just like you. Let people who actually care inhabit and run the rest of the world.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,990,336 times
Quote:
It's the lack of jobs up there. There aren't good paying jobs. Minimum wage at Walmart doesn't cut it.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM

333 posts, read 1,150,723 times
I agree with this completely. A few weeks ago I went to a supermarket in Troy just outside of Clawson, didn't go in too far, and I was pretty suprised at the amount of fatasses in sweatpants and cheap shoes with their kids pushing carts full of junk food.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,764,937 times
Quote:
You think it is bad here, try living in Maine for a while. Talk about an entitlement attitude. I've never seen the equal anywhere.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 PM

9,448 posts, read 10,745,226 times
A few weeks ago I went down to Detroit to watch the tigers play the twins. After the game we drove to Novi Michigan and spent the night in a motel. I saw some lazy trashy people even there. I think they are everywhere now, if you can see them in Detroits upscale suburbs you can see them anywhere. I bet EVEN Long Island New York has a few too.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 AM

749 posts, read 2,766,096 times
I dont consider Novi to be an upscale suburb, never have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan