Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 PM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,700 posts, read 14,031,258 times

Advertisements

Kirk Gibson got the job as the AZ Diamondback's manager...now Tram is gonna be the bench coach here.

I hope they do better than they did when Trammel was the manager in Detroit and Gibby was the bench coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 AM

362 posts, read 693,825 times
Gibby made the local news here either Sunday morning or Monday morning. Never really cared for him so went and made a cup of tea so don't know what it was about other than having to sell a bunch of stuff.

I think trammal was the coach of the Midland loons for a season too.
they have made the play offs for a coupleof years now.

Detroit the town of cat teams and not a tooth between them.

Al

Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,266,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Kirk Gibson got the job as the AZ Diamondback's manager...now Tram is gonna be the bench coach here.

I hope they do better than they did when Trammel was the manager in Detroit and Gibby was the bench coach.
I don't think Trammel was a bad manager. He had a rotten team to coach, and as soon as they started getting some players he was out the door. I've met Mr Trammel on several occasions ( he used to come into the store I worked at) and he was really a great guy. Of all the coaches/managers I've seen run out of town I've wanted to see him do the best, so a little in your face Detroit would be nice to see.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,269,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
Gibby made the local news here either Sunday morning or Monday morning. Never really cared for him so went and made a cup of tea so don't know what it was about other than having to sell a bunch of stuff.

I think trammal was the coach of the Midland loons for a season too.
they have made the play offs for a coupleof years now.

Detroit the town of cat teams and not a tooth between them.

Al
My understanding was not that Gibby had to sell his memorabilia from when he played for the Dodgers, but that he did it to donate the money to charity. If he's now the manager of the D-backs I doubt if he has to sell anything, he's probably going to be getting a sizable paycheck.

Kirk Gibson to Auction 1988 World Series Items (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/sports/kirk-gibson-to-auction-1988-world-series-items-20101019-mr_10175526 - broken link)

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
My understanding was not that Gibby had to sell his memorabilia from when he played for the Dodgers, but that he did it to donate the money to charity. If he's now the manager of the D-backs I doubt if he has to sell anything, he's probably going to be getting a sizable paycheck.

Kirk Gibson to Auction 1988 World Series Items (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/sports/kirk-gibson-to-auction-1988-world-series-items-20101019-mr_10175526 - broken link)
Gibby was recently stung by a scorpion at his home here. Gettin' ready to ride his bike and evidently.....there was a nasty critter in his shorts.

Kinda funny but not really....

Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I don't think Trammel was a bad manager. He had a rotten team to coach, and as soon as they started getting some players he was out the door. I've met Mr Trammel on several occasions ( he used to come into the store I worked at) and he was really a great guy. Of all the coaches/managers I've seen run out of town I've wanted to see him do the best, so a little in your face Detroit would be nice to see.
I have a feeling that those guys will do just fine here.

Cool ballpark, BTW.

Not as cool as Ye Ole Tiger Stadium, but still cool nevertheless.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Gibby was recently stung by a scorpion at his home here. Gettin' ready to ride his bike and evidently.....there was a nasty critter in his shorts.

Kinda funny but not really....
...which was one of my worst nightmares when we were in AZ. There isn't a critter indiginous to Michigan that puts the fear of God into me like a scorpion.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling that those guys will do just fine here.

Cool ballpark, BTW.

Not as cool as Ye Ole Tiger Stadium, but still cool nevertheless.
We went to a D-backs game last summer. Yeah, the stadium is nice and modern and state of the art, but...there's just something about being in an outdoor venue, as opposed to a domed stadium. I know it has a retractable roof, but still...to me, it's not the same. You know how stodgy and set in our ways we Midwesterners can be. If I'm not in danger of getting rained on our sunburned, then it just ain't baseball.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM

Gotta luv those urinal troughs.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:19 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,988,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post

The team in 2006 was really unchanged from 2005. The only new additions were Verlander, Rogers and Zumaya, and Verlander and Zumaya were unproven rookies. Magglio was also injured most of 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan