Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM

54 posts, read 198,292 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Michigan by way of Virginia. I am taking a job in Warren. My girlfriend is located in Toledo, Oh. Looking for a safe place to live close to 75. I am looking at South Rockwood and Woodhaven as potential places, they seem to be right in the middle. Need some opinions on traffic and places to live. I know I am going to have a commute to work but that is part of the deal. Start time for work will be 7-7:30. Can anyone give me some advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangemood View Post
I am moving to Michigan by way of Virginia. I am taking a job in Warren. My girlfriend is located in Toledo, Oh. Looking for a safe place to live close to 75. I am looking at South Rockwood and Woodhaven as potential places, they seem to be right in the middle. Need some opinions on traffic and places to live. I know I am going to have a commute to work but that is part of the deal. Start time for work will be 7-7:30. Can anyone give me some advice?
Don't know that part, unfortunately. Good luck!

Warren is north of Detroit as I'm sure you know so if for some reason you look up this way then let me know, as this is the general area I live and work in.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Thanks Jeff. Anybody help with 'downriver' living. I have heard mixed comments on the forums. Woodhaven and South Rockwood are two choices so far. Moving mid August 07'

Old 07-21-2007, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 27,834 times
If you are interested I have a house in Madison Heights , which is located about 1 mile from warren. The house is available for rent or sale. It is in the center of all shopping centers- Sears, Kmart, Jc Penny, Costco ,Sams. If you are interested let me know.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:37 AM

I appreciate the offer but although that would put me very close to work, I would be an hour away from Toledo (girlfriend). I am trying to get half way in between both Warren and Toledo. If you know anyone downriver that has real estate (duplexes and such) let me know. Thanks again for the offer.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 AM

10 posts, read 39,470 times
I live in Monroe...it's about 15 to 20 minutes from Toledo, not sure how far from Warren. I personally love it here. It is getting a lot bigger but still has that small town feel. I love it here, and finding a house isn't too hard, there are new subdivisions and houses for sale all the time. I live about 1 minute from 75. I would say it's definitely worth looking at.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:49 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times
We have a place for sale IN Monroe. Loved it there. Job took us to NC. Liz

Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I will definitly be in the downriver area, Woodhaven, Monroe, South Rockwood. I am a country boy at heart and only like occasional city dwelling so hopefully I can find a mix of the two.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM

136 posts, read 999,337 times
Arrow Know your county lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangemood View Post
Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I will definitly be in the downriver area, Woodhaven, Monroe, South Rockwood. I am a country boy at heart and only like occasional city dwelling so hopefully I can find a mix of the two.
Strangemood... be sure you know your county lines. South Rockwood and Woodhaven are great, BUT they are in Wayne county...MUCH MORE expensive than Monroe county. I currently live in a town of 3000 in Monroe County. I live across from a cornfield with a creek in my backyard. I am 6 minutes from I -75, 10 minutes from Monroe and 15 minutes from the north side of Toledo. If

I can help your search in any way, let me know.

CHEERS,
-TM

Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 AM

I will take you up on offering advice. There are two places I am looking at currently. The favorite being in Woodhaven. The other being in South Rockwood. Of course I want to be equally between Warren and Toledo as possible, so these are both comparable. What do you know about these areas? I've been through Taylor and didn't like what I saw, one realtor said that Taylor, Southgate, and Woodhaven look the same. Is this true?

Also I need to be at work at 7AM, what does my drivetime commute look like. I suspect I need a good hour. Is the drive that bad? If so any alternate routes? And being from Virginia people are in a uproar when you get a 'dusting' of snow. My former boss lived in Troy and reassured me that the MDOT was amazing and the highways are always clear.

Any insight or advice would be much appreciated. Alot of varied opinions on this forums take my worry on a rollercoaster. A lot of peole seem not to like the state, but oh well I am going and going to make the best of it. Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan