Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 AM

528 posts, read 885,630 times

Advertisements

So I'm not a great photographer, but I have a few that I thought might be worth adding to the photo thread.... But I have never been able to figure out how to do it. Someone care to walk a nit-wit through the process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 AM

365 posts, read 1,401,815 times
Do you already have a photo host such as photobucket or flickr? If you do, just copy the direct link/bb code (img src) of the photo you want to share and post it here. Hope that helps

Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
Do you already have a photo host such as photobucket or flickr? If you do, just copy the direct link/bb code (img src) of the photo you want to share and post it here. Hope that helps
Ah, no. I'm used to Facebook, where I can just upload them... Drat....

Many thanks! That explains a lot. Gah, FB is turning me into an idjit....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
Oops, never mind. I was trying to figure out a way to do it with the "insert image" icon above but I didn't figure it out. Sorry...I'm like you, I like sites that allow you to automatically upload from your PC without having to use Flickr or Photobucket. I'm in my mid-forties and it took me years just to figure out what "upload" even means! http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbAjQoNNHx7EUeeAhTlKtWSrmj1MNgV 21Kb9RJ (broken link)

Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 AM

365 posts, read 1,401,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
Ah, no. I'm used to Facebook, where I can just upload them... Drat....

Many thanks! That explains a lot. Gah, FB is turning me into an idjit....
Ha! Been there!

Use Photobucket, it's the most user friendly out of the various photo-hosting sites. The upload process is the same as Facebook, just click to upload, select your photos and they do the rest. Once you've uploaded your photo(s) you can go to your album, mouse over the image & a box will pop up. For posting photos in forums you'll want to copy the "IMG code", paste it here and that's it!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,899,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
So I'm not a great photographer, but I have a few that I thought might be worth adding to the photo thread.... But I have never been able to figure out how to do it. Someone care to walk a nit-wit through the process?
I used to use Flickr, but now you cant just copy and paste the link anymore. Now I use Photobucket. Just upload your images...mouse over the picture and a dropbox will appear....copy the direct link and paste to the "insert link" here on the forums.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Yeah, I have flickr and I'm not very happy with it lately. Too much work to get a photo link.

You can also directly upload to City-Data. When you open up a reply box, go down to Additional options below and look for Manage Attachments. It makes the photos kind of small, but it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Photos-jimmy-neutron.jpg  

Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times
Another suggestion for photobucket. Free and easy to use. I'm also on FLICKR but did not know you could no longer copy and paste a link. I thought they just changed the location and buried it in the menu somewhere.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Ugh... tried to set up photobucket account and no luck... dag nabit.

LOL, maybe they're trying to save y'all from my turrible photography skillz.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Another suggestion for photobucket. Free and easy to use. I'm also on FLICKR but did not know you could no longer copy and paste a link. I thought they just changed the location and buried it in the menu somewhere.
You can still copy and paste the links, it just takes 3 or 4 steps to get it when it used to take one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan