Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:57 PM

362 posts, read 695,550 times

Advertisements

This one is on the path out to the pole barn where the pups are. If you look real close you can see my Visula on the snow bank from it sliding off the metal roof.

These are out the dinning room window, slowly working their way to the back of the woods.

This one is out the living room window going to the back of the woods.

This one is out the back door in the grass garden.

This one is out the living room window also. she has just came into the edge of the side yard by the creek.

Yes they will be hanging out in groups for about a couple more months. Once the fawns are born they will not group up so tight again till about August except for the bucks.

Stop driving in a tunnel look ahead far ahead and don't let your eyes stop moving in the scanning. Don't do any thing but drive texting talking on the phone and eating plus a bunch of other stuff people do when driving can wait.

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 04:03 PM

This one is in the side yard near the creek after our big snow storm a few weeks back.

Out the living room window again near the old bird feeder pole and the wild dog wood bush.

Al

Old 03-04-2011, 04:13 PM

This one is on the trail across the creek and side yard.

Down by the creek.

My favorite picture so far this winter. In the grass garden out the back door after the deep snow we had a while back.

All winter long they go from the bedding areas about 3:30PM in a meandering fashion to the feeding area. the feeding area is a corn stubble field and a wind blowen soy bean field. In the morning they return in about the same fashion from the feeding areas to the bedding areas just at break of day. yes a few weeks ago it was about 7:45 AM and now this week about 6:45 AM. appears to me in my watching them for all these years they tend to like to get to the bedding areas early in the morning before it gets to light in the fields. Even though they will head to the feeding areas in the early after noon they still will stand around and even lay down in the brush at the edge of the field in the evenings.

Al

Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM

They really love our burning bushes.

Remember they change what they eat about this time of year. The does are eatting for 1,2 and some times even 3. They tend to stop and paw in the lawn areas for the grass and creeping charlie which they seem to love as much as we hate it.

We have had from 10 to 15 across the creek all week.I think there were some rabbit hunters in the woods behindus one day as there were about 5 that came thru in a hurry at dinner time(lunch to city folks.) from the woods behind us.
they don't run from the dogs or I any longer just move to keep about 50 feet from us in the woods and fields.

They didn't care for the hard thick crust on the snow either. I don't blame them as I and the dogs didn't like it much neither. I ran the tractor and trail groomer to soften it up as much as i could.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan