Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,818 times

Advertisements

The single biggest mistake I have ever made in my 50 years on this planet was moving to this hell hole called Michigan. The roads suck! The economy sucks! The weather sucks! And the people - don't get me started. Michiganders are some of the rudest, most mean spirited, self-centered people I have ever met. I have traveled the country in business, coast to coast and border to border before I was transferred permanently to MI. Usually when you say hello to people, they respond somehow! Either a nod, a smile, or they say "Hello" back to you. Not here. If you get any reaction at all, they just stare at you. If you bother to hold a door open for somebody, or stop your car to let someone cross or another car to get over, don't bother expecting any response - a thank you or a wave, forget it! The pot holes in my community are so bad that there is regular damage to my car. The response from the twp manager? "We ain't got no money to fix it." Really? Why are my taxes going up and up every year, while my home value has dropped over 40%????
MICHIGAN SUCKS!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,641,698 times
Well you must know what you're going to get with a post like this. MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE! I don't know where you live in the state that you could say people are rude. I've never encountered anything like that wherever I travel in the state.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:19 PM

275 posts, read 441,722 times
I'm sure glad that's not been my experience. Where in Michigan do you live? I'll be sure to avoid it.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 PM

382 posts, read 1,053,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMistakein1995 View Post
The single biggest mistake I have ever made in my 50 years on this planet was moving to this hell hole called Michigan. The roads suck! The economy sucks! The weather sucks! And the people - don't get me started. Michiganders are some of the rudest, most mean spirited, self-centered people I have ever met. I have traveled the country in business, coast to coast and border to border before I was transferred permanently to MI. Usually when you say hello to people, they respond somehow! Either a nod, a smile, or they say "Hello" back to you. Not here. If you get any reaction at all, they just stare at you. If you bother to hold a door open for somebody, or stop your car to let someone cross or another car to get over, don't bother expecting any response - a thank you or a wave, forget it! The pot holes in my community are so bad that there is regular damage to my car. The response from the twp manager? "We ain't got no money to fix it." Really? Why are my taxes going up and up every year, while my home value has dropped over 40%????
MICHIGAN SUCKS!
It's your own damn fault for moving to that exurbia you are from, idiot. Do your due diligence next time- did you really think your home wasn't going to depreciate when you moved way out there where they are building tons of new homes, there is little sense of community and the economy is shot? The roads in Michigan have always been bad, that isn't a new thing either. You just seem sort of dumb..

You will probably never respond as obviously you are a coward and this is a cheap-shot.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,055 times
Quote:
MICHIGAN SUCKS!
Back again for the thousandth time I see. For someone who hates this place you sure do frequent the forums enough. How many times have you been banned now? Why dont you put your energy into getting out of here instead of trying to get on these forums? Actually, I find that you get out of people what you put in. I can tell if I met you I would not be too friendly either...move already!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:16 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_Arbor View Post
It's your own damn fault for moving to that exurbia you are from, idiot. Do your due diligence next time- did you really think your home wasn't going to depreciate when you moved way out there where they are building tons of new homes, there is little sense of community and the economy is shot? The roads in Michigan have always been bad, that isn't a new thing either. You just seem sort of dumb..

You will probably never respond as obviously you are a coward and this is a cheap-shot.
No personal attacks Ann_Arbor.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Sorry that you do not like us or our state. Good luck in your new location. I hope that you like it there.

Bye.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:53 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,054 times
As the others have noted- if you don't like it, LEAVE! I honestly don't know what you are talking about regarding us as rude and mean-spirited. Metro Detroiters are good people. I've been to 49 of the 50 states and I don't agree with you. If you really want rude, self-absorbed and snotty try Boston or NYC (where I lived for a year). The economy sucks everywhere right now BTW. Just because the recession hit Michigan before the rest of the nation doesn't really mean much. If anything, it means we learned our mistakes earlier than the rest and will pull out of this faster than many other states. Didn't you get the memo? Michigan-bashing is SO 2008. You need to catch up with the times.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM

528 posts, read 885,743 times
Quote:
The single biggest mistake I have ever made in my 50 years on this planet was moving to this hell hole called Michigan.

*snipped inane rambling*

MICHIGAN SUCKS!
Bite me.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 PM

528 posts, read 885,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Sorry that you do not like us or our state. Good luck in your new location. I hope that you like it there.

Bye.
What he said.

I'll take up a collection for a Greyhound ticket to Indiana. Since, you know, every state you've been to is better than this one, you won't need to go far to escape heaven, I mean hell.

I'd restate my position, but I've never been much of a rule breaker and it's probably a waste of keystrokes.

BTW, the OP has 1 post, but 12 rep points? How in G-d's name is that possible?

Lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan