U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 AM

8,872 posts, read 17,744,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDoughnut View Post
I lived here for 40 years. I can understand comparisons to Flint, but anyone who would compare us to Detroit is not very smart and has never been outside of Michigan. WE ARE NOTHING LIKE DETROIT!!! Lansing is like Fort Wayne, Madison and St. Paul. Yes we are the most intergrated city in Michigan and I love that fact. Lansing is not about racism, but about classism. When you travel around the Mid-West you will realize Grand Rapids does not belong in Michigan, it belongs either in the Dayton/Cincinnati area or on I-65 between Louisville and Nashville. Lansing does not belong in Michigan either. It belongs on I-94 between Milwaukee and Madison. It should be Lansing Wisconsin!!! Lansing is like Madison with Milwaukee industry and a small portion of Milwaukee crime.
Bring it down a couple notches KingDoughnut. Berating people on this forum (like you're doing in almost all 8 of your posts) will get you quickly kicked out of here. - thanks, the moderators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM

27 posts, read 40,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Bring it down a couple notches KingDoughnut. Berating people on this forum (like you're doing in almost all 8 of your posts) will get you quickly kicked out of here. - thanks, the moderators.
What did I do Magellan? I did not swear at you or did not call you any names. I understand you don't want this to be like Youtube with swearing and fighting all over the place. The point I'm trying to make is Lansing only has the title of "State Capitol." Representation in government is by population. So Metro-Detroit has the most politicians and the most economic power in our state. To blame us for Grand Rapids problems is the easy way out. You have to look at your friends who run that mini failed state called Detroit. The reason why Lansing exists is because Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and the rest of west Michigan were smart and did not trust Detroit!! Can you imagine how bad things would be if Detroit was still the Capitol???????

Old 06-09-2011, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,173 times
I don't completely understand what you mean by GR and Lansing don't really fit in Michigan. I have lived in this state for all my life which is 14 yrs, I haven't been out of state much so I won't get what you mean by that. Please explain to me, if you want to test if I'm a real Michigander go ahead.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,500,223 times
If there are any two cities that do not belong in Michigan it would be Detroit and Flint; both probably would fit better in Indiana or even North Carolina.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
What did I do Magellan? I did not swear at you or did not call you any names. I understand you don't want this to be like Youtube with swearing and fighting all over the place. The point I'm trying to make is Lansing only has the title of "State Capitol." Representation in government is by population. So Metro-Detroit has the most politicians and the most economic power in our state. To blame us for Grand Rapids problems is the easy way out. You have to look at your friends who run that mini failed state called Detroit. The reason why Lansing exists is because Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and the rest of west Michigan were smart and did not trust Detroit!! Can you imagine how bad things would be if Detroit was still the Capitol???????
I wasn't talking about me. I'm talking about you calling people who don't agree with you "not smart" and other derogatory terms.

Also, I never blamed Lansing for Grand Rapids' road problems. I'm just saying it gets way more attention for road projects because it's the state capitol. There was no reason to build the I-69 northern bypass, just like there was no reason to build the M-6 in Grand Rapids. Especially when existing roads and bridges were falling apart. But I do now blame legislators in Lansing for not having the balls to raise the gas tax to help pay for the infrastructure we have that's falling apart.

The move of the capitol from Detroit to Lansing happened so long ago, there is really no way of telling how things would have turned out. I love Washington D.C. as a city (despite its bad school systems), from which Detroit was originally designed, so if Detroit had turned out like that, that'd be cool.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:24 AM

Mallegan, I said people who comapare Lansing to Detroit were not smart. They are entirely two different types of cities drastically different. Compare Lansing to what is similar. Ft.Wayne, Madison or St. Paul. I said Grand Rapids belonged around Cinci and Dayton or between Louisville and Nashville because they are similar. How could you think I was insulting GR when those are all great places. Cincinatti for example is just like GR. Cinci is Polish, German and African American. GR is Dutch, Polish, German, African American and Latino. Cinci is very hilly with heavy trees and so is GR. Cinci is a factory town and so is GR. Cinci is Conservative and SO IS GR. GR also being country and western culture, religious and conservative with it's hilly tree filled Physical apperance make it perfect to be between Louisville and Nashville which are two great cities!! Maybe if you would go to these places you would see these places to be like GR. GR is nothing like any other Michigan city! Maybey you need to do some more traveling before you become a moderator of a city forum. Lansing is like Wisconsin and Minnesota cities. There are none like it in Michigan. I69 is not a waste. You don't remember the corner of Saginaw and US 127 being a living Hell with truck traffic. You being in GR do not remember and don't care. Good thing you are not making the decisions. How can I call people derogatory terms for disagreeing with me when I am not the author of the origianal posts??? They are right in front of you, read them again. You are the one who has a problem with being disgreed with. If you don't want to know the answers then don't ask the questions.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigander96 View Post
I don't completely understand what you mean by GR and Lansing don't really fit in Michigan. I have lived in this state for all my life which is 14 yrs, I haven't been out of state much so I won't get what you mean by that. Please explain to me, if you want to test if I'm a real Michigander go ahead.
I do apologize for the GR portion to my post. I ment to respond to Michigander96.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Mallegan, I said people who comapare Lansing to Detroit were not smart. They are entirely two different types of cities drastically different. Compare Lansing to what is similar. Ft.Wayne, Madison or St. Paul. I said Grand Rapids belonged around Cinci and Dayton or between Louisville and Nashville because they are similar. How could you think I was insulting GR when those are all great places. Cincinatti for example is just like GR. Cinci is Polish, German and African American. GR is Dutch, Polish, German, African American and Latino. Cinci is very hilly with heavy trees and so is GR. Cinci is a factory town and so is GR. Cinci is Conservative and SO IS GR. GR also being country and western culture, religious and conservative with it's hilly tree filled Physical apperance make it perfect to be between Louisville and Nashville which are two great cities!! Maybe if you would go to these places you would see these places to be like GR. GR is nothing like any other Michigan city! Maybey you need to do some more traveling before you become a moderator of a city forum. Lansing is like Wisconsin and Minnesota cities. There are none like it in Michigan. I69 is not a waste. You don't remember the corner of Saginaw and US 127 being a living Hell with truck traffic. You being in GR do not remember and don't care. Good thing you are not making the decisions. How can I call people derogatory terms for disagreeing with me when I am not the author of the origianal posts??? They are right in front of you, read them again. You are the one who has a problem with being disgreed with. If you don't want to know the answers then don't ask the questions.
I'm going to concentrate on your past posts, because you seem to be all over the place. Do you remember these posts you made:

You people from Detriot have the most nerve!!! People don't hate you just because your city is a dump, but because you are the worst bunch of people in the country also!!! You go around Michigan commiting crimes and treating everyone like S**T!!! You make fun of and ridicule everyone and then start crying like babies when people tell the truth about You!! Then you LIE about how great your "landfill city" is!!! Then you act like victims when we don't believe your lies!!! If Detroit was a nice place, you not have to keep trying to SELL Detroit as a nice place to everyone. Great Music? Motown left you 40 years ago!! But yet you keep talking about it. There are no other Detroits, because there are no other cities as filthy,hateful,violent,full of con artists and pathetic as you!!! You are the Worst!!! You deserve everything you get. The best part is you have to live with each other!!!

I can understand comparisons to Flint, but anyone who would compare us to Detroit is not very smart and has never been outside of Michigan. WE ARE NOTHING LIKE DETROIT!!!

Who the Hell told you House Music is from Detroit???!!!! Being from Texas you may not understand how much Detroit people LIE!! .....Before tell us that we owe Detroit, you better know what you'er talking about!!!

Wake the Hell Up!!!!! We did need I-69 around the north side of Lansing because of Montreal, Toronto to Chicago truck traffic!!! Remember when all those trucks went down Saginaw in E.Lansing back in the 80s? Don't be stupid!! You GR people don't have beef with us about your roads!!!

In addition, attacks on moderators like your last post are not allowed here. Just chill out and I'll leave you alone. Otherwise, I'll start giving out infractions.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,463,182 times
^^^
Wow" that dude has issues!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM

894 posts, read 1,051,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyl4rk View Post
Lansing is like Flint, but with the state capitol and MSU. If one had to pick which Michigan cities it is most like, perhaps Jackson and Battle Creek? Difficult to say, because no other city has the state government employment that Lansing has.
lol, and Earth is like Mars, but with water and oxygen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or