Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 AM

51 posts, read 78,445 times

Advertisements

I am not saying they can't cut some things but look at what they get after only serving a short time in office. Is it time they give up some of their benefits like Health Care Coverage. If we have what they get and continue to get once out of office it would make them see why so many are fighting for something better at a decent cost since they don't have to dig into their pockets to cover such costs they have no idea how it affects the common person out there.

Sad they have no idea about real world issues they are getting so much and yet you don't hear them giving up anything...

Newaygo1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

10 posts, read 19,061 times
Yes they should give up their health benefits and pay for them if they wants health care benefits. They wanted the top 2% not pay their fair share in taxes but they want the poor and the declining middle class to not have health care benefits and pay more in taxes. What is this world coming to. The Mexicans can come over here and demand benefits and get it. The Mexicans should learned English as a PRIORITY and not the other way around. I think its a terrible crime what is happening in the U.S.A.....

Old 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Obama exempted his family from his own health care plan.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:21 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaygo1 View Post
I am not saying they can't cut some things but look at what they get after only serving a short time in office. Is it time they give up some of their benefits like Health Care Coverage. If we have what they get and continue to get once out of office it would make them see why so many are fighting for something better at a decent cost since they don't have to dig into their pockets to cover such costs they have no idea how it affects the common person out there.

Sad they have no idea about real world issues they are getting so much and yet you don't hear them giving up anything...

Newaygo1
For sure. And we should do away with term limits, and make the legislature part-time.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 AM

485 posts, read 966,286 times
Quote:

Newaygo1
First of all, it's not just the GOP that get these benefits. Second, there ARE bills in the legislature that address this, they are probably not tops in priority right now. Doesn't mean they will pass but it doesn't mean they won't be either. At least there is some progress, just keep an eye on it. I believe the bills address the NEW legislators (after Nov. 1st, 2010) and don't retroactively strip those benefits. I agree that the six year served and lifetime benny's is ridiculous but it's not going to get changed overnight.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Obama exempted his family from his own health care plan.
Talk about off subject

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM

You are right it is not just the GOP but that is what the GOP is looking at at as a means to cut the budget costs. Seems they only look at others but never seem to give up any of their entitlements... maybe they all need to start paying for all the good things they get for free like the rest of us do and maybe they might get the point!

Newaygo1

Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 AM

485 posts, read 966,286 times
Quote:
You are right it is not just the GOP but that is what the GOP is looking at at as a means to cut the budget costs. Seems they only look at others but never seem to give up any of their entitlements... maybe they all need to start paying for all the good things they get for free like the rest of us do and maybe they might get the point!

Newaygo1
I'm not sure how you are using the word "entitlements", however, can we really classify their wage and benefits as an entitlement when they actually perform a service for that compensation. I know many of you would argue that they don't do squat, however, they still did the work to get elected and hold an office in which there is set compensation for that work. Getting something for "free" is when you do little more than apply for and receive a bridge card or subsidized housing.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Talk about off subject

That's right. We surely don't want our fearless leader to give up his entitlements. The health care plan for us peasants just isn't good enough for the political elite.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 AM

It appears if they want to make it "EQUAL" to what many US citizens have or get they would own up and take a "CUT" but once they are in they get these for life how many US Citizens get Health Coveraghe for life? Non that I know of unless they are paying out of pocket. And yet they can move on to other employment and still not pay for this either because they get it ongoing. So how is it not an entitlement if they continue getting once they are out of the JOB??? How many of us get this???

I think they think think it is an entitlement because they get it for life once they are there for a limited time...

So again explain how it is not a entitlement??? Enlighten me please???

I continue losing benefits and they get their for life. And most employers are cutting them if they even offer them.

But for some they don't see this it is happening as time goes...

Newaygo1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan