U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM

541 posts, read 889,075 times

Advertisements

people all over hate something about something,me,i hate ohio...but thats from a college football aspect,so i guess i should say i hate ohio state, OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE...other than that,oh and bad beer,hate bad beer,love oberon,glad i live near the brewery,bud light is horrible,neighbor offered me a bud light,said no thanks,i got enough bottled water in the garage,oh and phoeneix,at least the coyotes,til the wings get past them in this series,then i'll be kosher with them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 AM

481 posts, read 854,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Hey...this is just a piece of land with trees lakes and rivers. It personally did not do anything to anyone to make you hate it. Its people that are to blame for most hate. Michigan is a piece of land that happens to be situated pretty far north where the cool air can swoop down at any time, so people who live here cannot blame the weather either. Its not like Michigan averaged 80 degrees a year, so people moved here and now all the sudden we have 4 seasons. People know mostly what to expect living so close to Canada...or they should. There really is nothing that catches me by surprise...or that I really hate about living here...so Im all good.
Good way to put it. It's people that screw things up. You get used to the seasons and learn to take advantage of the positives about each one.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
One thing I love....the smell of spring after the rain. Went out this morning, and its pretty warm...the grass is green and it smells awesome out there!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 AM

760 posts, read 2,214,327 times
Something I love about Michigan........ unexpected weather. I have a layer of snow covering everything and we're supposed to get 4 inches today. The key to being happy here, being adaptable. So I canceled my bike trip and we'll go hiking instead. No big deal.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Something I love about Michigan........ unexpected weather. I have a layer of snow covering everything and we're supposed to get 4 inches today. The key to being happy here, being adaptable. So I canceled my bike trip and we'll go hiking instead. No big deal.
Yup...thats the way I look at it. It sucks...but hey, thats the price you pay to live among the beauty! Just make the best of it and not complain.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:15 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
There are quite a few things I dislike about Michigan....but there's already another thread for that.

I am also a fan of wacky weather...today was a mix of sun, sprinkly rain, heavy rain, warm and cool. Truly if every day was unpredictable like this I would be fine with it. I have lived in places with same every day pleasant weather and while it might be a nice change for a vacation....it is not something I want to live with.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 AM

62 posts, read 101,770 times
im not a fan of snow in april though..............especially not with plants in the ground trying to keep to their normal growth cycles...........

Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 AM

yea, basically im beginning to dovelop a hatred of late snow...........GET WARM ALREADY!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 AM

actually one of my favorite things about living in the upper peninsula specifically is being able to shoot my guns on my forest property in peace. no one around and in the summer i can get out there everyday if i want to.......not really fond of having to go anywhere where i have to pay to shoot my own guns......

Old 04-17-2011, 07:43 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
Aren't hostas supposed to be coming up by now?
I bought another house last summer and transplanted a bunch of hostas from the old house here in September and no sign of them yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan