U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 8,281 times

Advertisements

I am looking at homes for sale in Lincoln Park, Michigan and am trying to find any reference - preferably online, that maps crime in the city. This could be any sort of graphic map by street or neighborhood using the little push-pin graphics, or any other way.
(Pls note that I've already looked at the "Crime in Lincoln Park" page on City-Data but that page appears to only quote very general statistics.)
Thanks in advance!
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 02:07 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
I googled lincoln park michigan crime map and came up with Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedthis, which sort of gives an idea.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 05:40 AM..

Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the link.
It is a bit too general to give me a close enough idea.
I'm really looking for the actual different crimes within a couple streets of any house I might look at. I'm really concerned about things like drugs and violent crime (I have kids and am really concerned about what is going on in the actual neighborhood).
The stats on that map are for much larger districts, and don't specify what crimes where.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah...I couldn't find anything really specific. Even if you do, I'd be leery...I have seen some for Flint (where I used to live) that were quiote out of date and incomplete.

I think asking people who live in an area you're looking at, or cops who work the area, would be fairly reliable. Or even an honest and knowledgeable realtor. I don't know anything at all about Lincoln Park, personally.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM

13,387 posts, read 17,166,349 times
Sorry, I couldn't resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7s19GSimgg

Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM

3,119 posts, read 7,301,207 times
Why are you interested in Lincoln Park?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Why are you interested in Lincoln Park?
What? You didn't pass remedial reading??
Re-read my initial post.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_williams View Post
What? You didn't pass remedial reading??
Re-read my initial post.
No need to be rude.
Nowehere in your initial post (or your other one) did you say why Lincoln Park specifically.

Refresher:

I am looking at homes for sale in Lincoln Park, Michigan and am trying to find any reference - preferably online, that maps crime in the city. This could be any sort of graphic map by street or neighborhood using the little push-pin graphics, or any other way.
(Pls note that I've already looked at the "Crime in Lincoln Park" page on City-Data but that page appears to only quote very general statistics.)
Thanks in advance!
Mike

That's all Bhaalspawn was asking. You don't have to give a reason why Lincoln Park specifically, just no need to be rude.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Wow. I ask for a simple bit of assistance and I get accosted.
I am *not* interested in getting in an argument over my “slighting” the city of Lincoln Park.

I don't think my reply was unreasonable. Under the idea of "ask a snarky question get a snarky answer", I believed I answered in kind. My impression was that I was being questioned flippantly because I was asking about the crime in the city.

Why did I find bhaalspawn's question a bit rude? ... The answer to his/her question was as plain as day in my initial post (not to mention the subsequent one) ... that is: I am looking at homes. When someone then questions my motives as if my purpose was somehow not apparent ... then they get the answer I posted.

If you or he/she meant something else, then make that more apparent when you ask. Bhaalspawn’s question did not ... repeat, NOT ask anything to the effect of "what attracts you to" or why do I prefer, like, etc the idea of moving there ... the question read specifically why I was asking about that city to begin with.

OK, just to placate the both of you it is my wife who has reasons for wanting to move there. I do *not* prefer to move there but I respect her desire to consider the city ... and so I am looking.

The city's crime and the relative "culture" is not to my liking. Friends we have who live in the area have warned me off of the city. A number of issues particularly regarding drugs in the city make me very nervous. This is why I am trying to find the actual crime data.
The fact that Lincoln Park abuts Detroit is worrisome to me also, and according to what I've been told, the “street culture” and drug use in the schools there reflects that. This is first hand from someone who lives there currently.

This means that because I have kids; I would have to look at sending them out of the area to go to school.

Enough. I just was looking for info on the crime data. I'm not interested in defending or qualifying my right to look for this information to you or to bhaalspawn. Period.

(In the interest of clarifying my reply; I am not angry ... a bit surprised, yes. Surprised and tired of some fairly backwards attitudes I’ve encountered since I’ve been asking.
With regard to how the move affects our children, this is a weighty decision. My asking about crime has been met with suspicion by a number of people and organizations. I do not wish to offend anyone ... I just want to keep my family safe.)

Last edited by mike_williams; 04-07-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or