Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times

Advertisements

It's amazing that there is this perception of the "Angry black man". I submit there is no angrier or bitter person than the white conservative in America. You guys scare me.....really. If the economy collapses the group that I will fear the most are those who are white conservatives.....and that is the honest truth. You are some angry bitter people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,877 times
You really need your own thread or preferably blog, for this rhetoric.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:58 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,601,376 times
Quote:
It's amazing that there is this perception of the "Angry black man". I submit there is no angrier or bitter person than the white conservative in America. You guys scare me.....really. If the economy collapses the group that I will fear the most are those who are white conservatives.....and that is the honest truth. You are some angry bitter people.
Oh, come on. Now you're playing into a stereotype of white conservatives. That seems a little ridiculous after having a long discussion about racism and fairness.

The "angry white conservative" is most definitely a stereotype that is played up by the other side, and also by the media. The majority are good people who are concerned about common sense issues and have the best interests of the U.S. at heart. Just like most of the Democrats.

There are angry fringes on both the left and right. And a bunch of decent people in the middle, even if they disagree on how to do things.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,685 times
You know if you complain about black violence you are racist but if you talk about angry white conservatives you are just talking facts and the truth. Come on get off your theory school stuff and get into the real world where a biggot is a biggot regardless of the color of their skin. Your problem is you believe the bs you have been fed that you are being held down by the white man. The only person who can hold you down is you. If you come across one of the few biggots (besides yourself) find another oppertunity. There are plenty out there who dont care what color your skin is as long as you can do the job. Ok time for your theory long response about history etc etc... My people are facing and have faced more bigotry and flat out hate than yours throughout history... I am sick of hearing it. When your people can say that a portion of the world want you dead, then we can talk...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You know if you complain about black violence you are racist but if you talk about angry white conservatives you are just talking facts and the truth. Come on get off your theory school stuff and get into the real world where a biggot is a biggot regardless of the color of their skin. Your problem is you believe the bs you have been fed that you are being held down by the white man. The only person who can hold you down is you. If you come across one of the few biggots (besides yourself) find another oppertunity. There are plenty out there who dont care what color your skin is as long as you can do the job. Ok time for your theory long response about history etc etc... My people are facing and have faced more bigotry and flat out hate than yours throughout history... I am sick of hearing it. When your people can say that a portion of the world want you dead, then we can talk...
You are making up stuff. I am the one who brought up the fact that the majority of violence in flint is happening in the black community.....and guess what.....I was called racist for doing so by some whites on here for injecting race into the discussion....lol. Blacks are the biggest victims of black violence. You cannot even demostrate that falsehood. Like I noted before. People are not said to be racist for simply making racial observations that are true......but rather, its their explanation of the observation that gets one labeled racist.

Like I said....right or wrong in times of depression type stress.....I fear white conservatives more than any group. Say what you will about liberals....but you don't find them running around in the woods in Militias training for wars, showing up at rallies armed with AR15's and those Southernerns wanting to return things back to the "good ole days".

Anger and frustration is linked to expectations. Blacks tend to be a lot less angry because we really do not expect America not to be a racist place, even though we strive for such. Even with all the racism that still exists.....this is WAY better than it used to be for us. So we see progress, even if slow. However, if you are part of a group like white males......many are frustrated because they are losing the complete dominance of all aspects of this society that they once enjoyed. Women and minorities have eroded the white male monopoloy.......yet many still hold onto the expectation, especially those older and who lived in the days of white male complete dominance of this nation. They are the ones with the expectations that are not being met as the nation slowly changes and they feel they are losing out. Now with a black man as president......OMG....

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-28-2011 at 05:50 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,154,604 times
LOL...I am so far from being a conservative it's not even funny...I am mostly a liberal tree-hugger/blue dog democrat. I suppose IS labels everyone who expresses disagreement or questions his stance is summarily labeled a "white conservative" as a perjorative...way to stay classy.

Can't argue with the "white" label (well more like pink and beige LOL) but nothing I can do about that.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,601,376 times
Quote:
Like I said....right or wrong in times of depression type stress.....I fear white conservatives more than any group. Say what you will about liberals....but you don't find them running around in the woods in Militias training for wars and those Southernerns wanting to return things back to the "good ole days"
Good grief. I agree with you quite often and have a lot of respect for the stance that you take, but this is ridiculous.

It hasn't really escalated in the U.S. yet, but in Europe, the liberal youth movement is responsible for a lot of violence and rioting. Threats to cut entitlements have resulted in riots, and those people are NOT conservative. Thankfully, here things have been mostly peaceful. The protesters in Wisconsin have been largely peaceful. But so have the Tea Party protesters, right? Makes me thankful to live in the U.S. But that's not to say that we aren't going to see violence from the left in the future as the government tries to cut spending and entitlements. If you don't think the leftists and unions are capable of violence, you are being extremely biased and naive. I really hope we don't see it.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 AM

Back to the OP...in a couple of weeks Flint residents will vote on a millage that will add about $40 a year to property taxes. The mayor wants to use the money to re-open the jail. This is being hotly debated in Flint.

I'm not opposed to a small property tax increase if the money goes towards addressing crime....but I am not sure using all the money for a jail will have much of an effect - the jail is a short-term solution. I'd rather see more cops put back on the street along with politically unpopular long-term social programs like Head Start, more readily available birth control, city-funded recreational programs for kids. Use the county jail to house the violent and gang-related criminals. It's pointless to spend a lot of resources on small-time pot peddlers, prostitutes (should be legal IMO), scrappers - they'll go right back to whatever they were charged with on release.

The opposing viewpoints on how to deal with crime here are on the one hand, "use the death penalty/lock 'em up and throw away the key" on on the other hand "address the root problems leading to crime." I mostly lean towards the latter. A good opinion piece in the morning paper:

Another View: Wage war on the causes of crime, not the taxpayers | MLive.com

Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 AM

...and another view (I don't buy into this as a solution but hey to each his or her own...)

Some believe 17-day lull in violence due to door-to-door reviveFlint religious effort | MLive.com

Old 04-28-2011, 07:38 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People do tend to get angry when someone comes on here, not debating, but baiting others in an attempt to make them angry. Some people get their kicks that way. They don't want to hear the truth. They don't want facts. They simply want to stir people up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan