U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:16 PM

3,081 posts, read 2,906,132 times

Advertisements

Your last post about liberals and conservatives i agree with you on and is a good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
I have a great idea! Build a big Roman like Colosseum in Flint, and all the other places in the country with tons of violence......Round up all the people/gangs who want to kill one another, and just let them go at it in front of thousands of paying customers! A great event would be like a demolition derby, but they try to take each other out not by smashing each other...but by driving around shooting each other. I think it would be great!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 PM

21,278 posts, read 15,622,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I have a great idea! Build a big Roman like Colosseum in Flint, and all the other places in the country with tons of violence......Round up all the people/gangs who want to kill one another, and just let them go at it in front of thousands of paying customers! A great event would be like a demolition derby, but they try to take each other out not by smashing each other...but by driving around shooting each other. I think it would be great!
Isn't there a video game like that already!

Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM

3,081 posts, read 2,906,132 times
Mad max thunderdome and escape from new york and la. I guess they could do a escape from flint or detroit

Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 AM

3,095 posts, read 5,623,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You are one of the most leveled headed people in this debate thus far. I like what you are saying and the way you are saying it . I concur with you about those elements who truly believe that limited government is the way to go and do not have ulterior racial motives for those beliefs. That is a factual statement.

I am going to have to give you props? I find myself in agreement with much of what you say. There are many truths because there are few absolutes. I personally view conservatism and liberalism as "tools", like a hammer and a screw driver. What tool you use depends on the job or situation of what needs fixing. I do not subcribe to the notion that big government is always best or that limited government is always best. It depends on the era and what is needed and the wisdom of the tactics and strategies. Its kind of like debt. There is debt taken for consumption and there is debt taken for investment. One cannot always say that debt is good or debt is bad....because it all depends on the situation.
Thanks for the compliment! I'm starting to think we aren't that far apart in our views. While I do believe that limited government is the best way overall, we will probably be at our best when there is a combination of different policies (the trick being to find the right balance... I personally think we're skewed too far towards big government). And when I think about it, I don't think I have that much in common with the views of the average Republican voter. I get offended when people stereotype white conservatives, but my that's probably because my views don't fit the stereotype. It doesn't mean that the stereotype doesn't exist.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM

336 posts, read 824,280 times
Reported to today. 16 year old is shot and killed after attempting to break into a woman's home. She warned him she was armed. He didn't listen.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia819 View Post
Reported to today. 16 year old is shot and killed after attempting to break into a woman's home. She warned him she was armed. He didn't listen.
Prosecutor's office seeing more instances of potentially justifiable homicide | MLive.com

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM

513 posts, read 1,030,511 times
I visited Flint last year. I am originally from Poland but honestly, there is no uglier place in all Poland than Flint.... I doubt I'd live there if they paid me to do so...

Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM

847 posts, read 1,671,673 times
i heard that you have to either kill a person or shoot them and keep them in your home (tie them up?) in order for it to be 'legal'. if they broke in, that is. seems like alot of my clients who live near flint/flushing have guns.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 744 times
I was BORN and RAISED in Flint, Michigan. I have been gone since 1998. Yes everything they say about Flint is true. The crime rate is high, the unemployment rate is high, most of the residents in and the surrounding areas stay HIGH, but if you as a person stay LOW on your knees and in the presence of GOD none of these things in FLINT or anywhere else for that matter shall harm you! And God WILL supply ALL of your needs according to HIS riches in Glory IF you walk right before Him! I may have to go back to Flint to live for 2 years to get my Master's degree, and I am going with the attitude to CHANGE the ATMOSPHERE around me!!!!! The devil IS a liar and everywhere MY foot treads there will be PEACE even in Flint, Michigan.......BE BLESSED!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan