U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
 
Location: FLINT (yeah you read that right!), MI
336 posts, read 825,049 times
Reputation: 166

Advertisements

Taboon's is great too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 10,357,769 times
Reputation: 19477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not justifying anything. What I am letting you know is that there is a REASON for everything. There is a REASON that the murder rate is higher in the black community. There is a reason that the murder rate is higher in the poor black communities than in the middle and upper class black communiites, likely the same reason that the murder rate is higher in poor white communiities than middle and upper-class white communiites.

Humans have been killing each other of a long long time via wars and conflicts. You likely would be very poor today if not for the actions of military killing and conquering peoples to take possession of their land and labor to convert to wealth so that people like you can "prosper". If killing were so stupid.....why did it make so many people rich?
There is also a genetic predisposition for violence. That does not mean that if you are a carrier of those genes, you will be a violent person, but it is far more likely that you WILL be if you remain in a violent environment... FAR more likely! Genes have a whole lot to do with our behavior, but so does environment. Remove children from that violent environment and help them to do something they can feel positive about, and these kids will have a fighting chance in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
 
12,580 posts, read 7,626,701 times
Reputation: 4777
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
There is also a genetic predisposition for violence. That does not mean that if you are a carrier of those genes, you will be a violent person, but it is far more likely that you WILL be if you remain in a violent environment... FAR more likely! Genes have a whole lot to do with our behavior, but so does environment. Remove children from that violent environment and help them to do something they can feel positive about, and these kids will have a fighting chance in this world.
Yes...there is a genetic predisposition to violence....its called testostrerone not melanin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 15,874,396 times
Reputation: 10268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes...there is a genetic predisposition to violence....its called testostrerone not melanin
Jeebus H. Keerist will you get off your racist podium already! Nobody brought up race except for you. Most people in this thread did a really good job ignoring your obsession with skin color (except for me, just now.... ) but seriously you really need to do something about your obsession with melatonin and skin tone. Perhaps you can get some relief for your skin-color obsession by hanging out on the cosmetics forum?

Maybe choosing a different-color foundation and blush will give you some relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 PM
 
12,580 posts, read 7,626,701 times
Reputation: 4777
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Jeebus H. Keerist will you get off your racist podium already! Nobody brought up race except for you. Most people in this thread did a really good job ignoring your obsession with skin color (except for me, just now.... ) but seriously you really need to do something about your obsession with melatonin and skin tone. Perhaps you can get some relief for your skin-color obsession by hanging out on the cosmetics forum?

Maybe choosing a different-color foundation and blush will give you some relief.
Maybe because I am the one being honest here. The fact is that the vast majority of this violence is happening in the black community....but I am sure no one noticed that but me ....lol. Sorry...I don't live in your fantasy of denial. This violence is happening in the black community and someone gets on here and post that there is a genetic link to violence......you dang skippy that I am going to bring it up. You see, people like you think that noticing race makes one racist.....wrong. Noticing race means that ones natural gift of vision is working. Its only when one tries to assign a genetic superiority or inferiority or hatred....that noting race becomes racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 15,874,396 times
Reputation: 10268
Quote:
Originally Posted by indentured servant View Post
blah blah blah blah, blah!
Blah-diblah, blah, blah.
ok!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 10,357,769 times
Reputation: 19477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Maybe because I am the one being honest here. The fact is that the vast majority of this violence is happening in the black community....but I am sure no one noticed that but me ....lol. Sorry...I don't live in your fantasy of denial. This violence is happening in the black community and someone gets on here and post that there is a genetic link to violence......you dang skippy that I am going to bring it up. You see, people like you think that noticing race makes one racist.....wrong. Noticing race means that ones natural gift of vision is working. Its only when one tries to assign a genetic superiority or inferiority or hatred....that noting race becomes racist.
Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with a genetic predisposition for violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 15,874,396 times
Reputation: 10268
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with a genetic predisposition for violence.
"Indentured Servant" (Ha! Ha!) likes to tie everything and anything to skin color and the oppression of darker-toned folks; he is obsessed with melatonin...if you engage him in debate you'll be enmeshed for months. Which is cool but just a heads up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 10,357,769 times
Reputation: 19477
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
"Indentured Servant" (Ha! Ha!) likes to tie everything and anything to skin color and the oppression of darker-toned folks; he is obsessed with melatonin...if you engage him in debate you'll be enmeshed for months. Which is cool but just a heads up!
That's really sad.

My statement had nothing to do with dark-toned people. It was simply put out there to share information, studies which have been done, and explanationi for high-crime areas. Families with similar backgrounds tend to settle near each other. If someone has parents with a genetic predisposition to violence, you likely will share those genes. Odds are, you are going to find someone else who can relate to you and what you have lived with, while growing up. Remaining in the neighborhoods (of high-crime) where you grew up, carrying the genes which predispose you to violence, then having children...? Studies show that you are now concentrating those "violence genes" in an area where violence is the norm....hence "super crime" neighborhoods.

As I said, having genes which predispose you to violence doesn't mean that you will be a violent criminal...your surroundings definitely escalate the liklihood though. The best way to protect your children from becoming a part of that lifestyle (other than the obvious reasons) is to move to a low-crime area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 AM
 
12,580 posts, read 7,626,701 times
Reputation: 4777
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
That's really sad.

My statement had nothing to do with dark-toned people. It was simply put out there to share information, studies which have been done, and explanationi for high-crime areas. Families with similar backgrounds tend to settle near each other. If someone has parents with a genetic predisposition to violence, you likely will share those genes. Odds are, you are going to find someone else who can relate to you and what you have lived with, while growing up. Remaining in the neighborhoods (of high-crime) where you grew up, carrying the genes which predispose you to violence, then having children...? Studies show that you are now concentrating those "violence genes" in an area where violence is the norm....hence "super crime" neighborhoods.

As I said, having genes which predispose you to violence doesn't mean that you will be a violent criminal...your surroundings definitely escalate the liklihood though. The best way to protect your children from becoming a part of that lifestyle (other than the obvious reasons) is to move to a low-crime area.
Whats sad is that there is a genetic link to everything genetic creatures do. There is a genetic link to talking, walking, going to the bathroom, fight or flight, thinking...etc. Your FYI was superflous at best.

Look....there is a long, long history of people attempting to link higher incidence of violence in the black community to genetics.....as opposed to other factors. There has also been a long, long history of people trying to link lower test scores in the black community to genetics as well. In truth, there has been a long, long history of people attempting to explain black socioeconomic inequality......on genetics.

That is the context of America whether some of you want to use context for understanding or not. America has a history of blaming black behavior and performance on genetics, whether it be sports or violence. Thus, the fact that you would chime in concerning a crime wave manifesting in the black community and introduce the genetic component to the debate....is ignorant if not racist. It feeds into the doctrine of a propensity of inferior or superior genetic traits to explain gaps in behavior and performance from sports, education to violence, between the races.

Whether your intent was racist or not.......the effect is that when one talks about genetics as a causation in the phenomenon dealing with a crime wave mainly manifesting in black or minority communities.....it perpetuates the doctrine of genetic black inferiority. Furthermore, denial and deception are also human traits. The fact that you say something does not mean that you are dealing in reality. People who are alcoholics often deny that they are. People who are walking skeletons often think they are "fat". In other words, people often don't see the reality of themselves.....especially when that reality is something "ugly" that would cause inner pain. That is were denial steps in.

Now.....I used melanin as a metaphor for "African Americans". The fact that you do not link melanin to to higher rates of violence does NOT exonerate you from the belief of a genetic RACIAL link to higher rates of violence in the black community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top