U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM
 
639 posts, read 1,145,389 times
Reputation: 626

Advertisements

Hasn't Flint been one long crime spree for the past 25 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
Reputation: 10268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Hasn't Flint been one long crime spree for the past 25 years?
By all accounts it has long been a high-crime city, but it has become exponentially worse in the last few years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,585,778 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Now that is a post of yours I can agree with. It is different from your other posts in this thread. You do have to remember the past to make sure you do not let past mistakes repeat themselves. We as a people ( mankind) are creatures of habit and if we dont remember we will repeat it. But that doesnt mean we should believe people want to be racist. Your other posts in this thread tred towards the belief your people are owed or that white people as a whole want to be racist to blacks. That is not so. Most people are color blind. Crimes of the past have nothing to do with individual people and pushing victomization on anyone is doing people a dissearvice.
No....what you and people like you are experiencing is what is called "Insecurity". My other post are formulated just like the post above that you agree with, the only difference is that you don't feel insecure or threatened by the the latter truth.....but you do the former. You can therefore view the economic post without emotions.....but the you cannot view the racial truths of this nations history, and their impact upon today, without emotions and insecurity.

I also believe that it is people like you all who get upset when you hear people bring up the truths about the racial history of this nation, then try to project that the messenger is the one angry and bitter. Like I demonstrated with the economic post, its not me using the past that is a problem, rather, it is the the racial truth of the past, and their ability to help explain the present, that is the problem for many whites. I use the past to explain many phenomenon because the present cannot be explained without the past. I sometimes talk about the environment and how we got to this ecological point in time. You cannot explain such without traversing back in time and noting actions begating reactions. Its ONLY when I use the truths of this nations racial history......that people say I am living in the past, bitter, angry, etc. Yet, I use the past just as much to explain most things......and as long as I don't link this nations racist past to its racially unequal present.......people usually agree with me more than they disagree because they are not emotionally threatened by the other truths.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-26-2011 at 06:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,263 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No....what you and people like you are experiencing is what is called "Insecurity". My other post are formulated just like the post above you agree with, the only difference feel you don't feel insecure or threatened by the the latter truth.....but you do the former. You can therefore view the economic post without emotions.....but the you cannot view the racial truths of this nations history, and their impact upon today, without emotions and insecurity.
Dear GOD man! Can you truly be this arrogant?!!! Just because YOU say something doesn't make it so, any more than the rest of us. You are entitled to your opinions, but not to the expectation that we will accept them as fact just because you're the one uttering them.

I think you truly believe that every white person is a racist. I also believe that were I to loudly declare "I AM A RACIST!" you would tell me that I don't understand what that means. I am now completely convinced that it is the dissent you thrive on.

This will be the last post you will ever see from me in response to one of your racially motivated ramblings. I will not add any more fuel to this fire you seem intent on lighting, over, and over, and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM
 
39 posts, read 93,096 times
Reputation: 23
Flint Is Bad but mostly only West Of I-475, North Of Flint river, east Of Clio Road, South Of Coldwater, the rest Is Poor People.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: FLINT (yeah you read that right!), MI
336 posts, read 824,280 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313er View Post
Flint Is Bad but mostly only West Of I-475, North Of Flint river, east Of Clio Road, South Of Coldwater, the rest Is Poor People.
I'd revise that to west of Averill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,585,778 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wojo View Post
Dear GOD man! Can you truly be this arrogant?!!! Just because YOU say something doesn't make it so, any more than the rest of us. You are entitled to your opinions, but not to the expectation that we will accept them as fact just because you're the one uttering them.
Many people confuse confidence with arrogance. If what I say does not apply to you...then simply move on. However, because it does not apply to you does not mean its not the case for another. Are you so arrogant that you think you can vouch for all white people?


Quote:
I think you truly believe that every white person is a racist. I also believe that were I to loudly declare "I AM A RACIST!" you would tell me that I don't understand what that means. I am now completely convinced that it is the dissent you thrive on.
lol...ok. That would certainly make it easy to discredit me if I believed such......would it not? Let me ask you this. What percentage of whites being racist does it require to make legitimate claims about white racism? So if 100% of whites are not racist.....everything I say is thus debunked? Makes sense to me.

You know......I often listen to Randi Rhodes, the Radio Personality on the progressive network. She is a white women and likely Jewish, I think. I listen to her talk about how much racism there is towards Obama. In fact, almost every day I hear her talk about racism from the white right directed at Obama. Its seems like its ok for white folks to talk about whites being racist......but not black folks.

If you meet me you would think I am one of the nicest coolest people , which is true. I does not matter what race you are, most people like me. However, that is because we never get into discussions about race. If we did, they probably would not like me, just like you all seem not to. But what would be different about me? History is what it is and its impact is what it is. Thus, why get uncomfortable with me because I will tell you the present is what it is because the past was what it was? Why should someone look at me differently just because I speak the truth and why would I dislike them because of that truth, just because they are white? I am a dynamic individual and can recognize truths about the whole and realize that what is true for the whole cannot be assumed true for all parts of the whole. I also know that I cannot assume that what is true for a part of the whole is thus true for the whole. Life is rarely so absolute and simple......yet, many of you expect that I think like a simpleton....believing in absolutes....lol....sorry to dissapoint.

Quote:
This will be the last post you will ever see from me in response to one of your racially motivated ramblings. I will not add any more fuel to this fire you seem intent on lighting, over, and over, and over again.
Well....that is truly sad.....but not unexpected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 PM
 
847 posts, read 1,671,673 times
Reputation: 703
a person who was not bitter, not angry, would have nothing to say. they might say a little something. but they would not go on and on. they would not bring it up constantly. to say that you're completely neutral and this doesn't bother you is untrue. the evidence is in your behavior. for example, if there was a thread about football i would not post in it, let alone look in it. your handle, subjects and posts indicate much much more. so you can SAY whatever you please, your actions speak much much louder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,585,778 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
a person who was not bitter, not angry, would have nothing to say. they might say a little something. but they would not go on and on. they would not bring it up constantly. to say that you're completely neutral and this doesn't bother you is untrue. the evidence is in your behavior. for example, if there was a thread about football i would not post in it, let alone look in it. your handle, subjects and posts indicate much much more. so you can SAY whatever you please, your actions speak much much louder.
You mean that the only thing that inspires people to speak on a subject is anger and bitterness ....what a sad state of humanity if that is true. Just a little FYI.....I tend to keep quiet about things that I don't know anything about. If I am interested in a subject and don't have a lot of knowlege about it.......I just absorb. If I have knowlege of a subject and I hear people constantly giving the wrong reason why something is.......then I will go on and on trying to drown out the ignorance.

However....thanks for giving me an insight into how YOUR mind works and what motivates you to speak....or not to speak. That said, however, just because a person like fruitcake does not mean that they can project that most people like it too.

The fact is that this is a thread about crime in Flint and about 90% of the crime manifest in the black community and in the inner-city. I am black and grew up around inner-city violence. I understand it and can explain its roots a lot better than most of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 PM
 
3,081 posts, read 2,906,132 times
Reputation: 1368
I am done responding to him too. I guess every black person i kicked out of the movies was because i was racist... Not a drunk idiot like the white guys i threw out. Thank you for showing me the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top