U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,685 times
Reputation: 276

Advertisements

We're heading up to the house in Ocqueoc this weekend to get some more work done on the house, in preparation for moving there in July.

For those wondering "Where in the heck is Ocqueoc?", it's the spot marked "HERE".



I'm wanting to do some more work on clearing the basement to ready it for finishing. DW is wanting to install closet organizers. I'll let you all know how the closet organizer installs go.

We're also hauling our camper up this trip to leave it. With everything we have going on right now with our son's graduation, my traveling to MI every week for the new job, and preparing for the move, we just don't have time to camp. It doesn't make sense to keep it in storage here if we're not going to use it. That, and we can fill it up with "stuff" we don't need here so that we'll have less to move in July.

This trip was actually prompted by the fact that Saturday is DW's birthday. We were originally planning on a trip up for the following weekend. But, with everything going on we only just remembered that DW's driver's license, and the plates on our vehicles and trailers expire on...drumroll...her birthday! So, we'll be stopping by the Secretary of State on the way up to contribute to the State's coffers.

Can't wait to be up there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
 
528 posts, read 785,160 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wojo View Post
We're heading up to the house in Ocqueoc this weekend to get some more work done on the house, in preparation for moving there in July.

For those wondering "Where in the heck is Ocqueoc?", it's the spot marked "HERE".



I'm wanting to do some more work on clearing the basement to ready it for finishing. DW is wanting to install closet organizers. I'll let you all know how the closet organizer installs go.

We're also hauling our camper up this trip to leave it. With everything we have going on right now with our son's graduation, my traveling to MI every week for the new job, and preparing for the move, we just don't have time to camp. It doesn't make sense to keep it in storage here if we're not going to use it. That, and we can fill it up with "stuff" we don't need here so that we'll have less to move in July.

This trip was actually prompted by the fact that Saturday is DW's birthday. We were originally planning on a trip up for the following weekend. But, with everything going on we only just remembered that DW's driver's license, and the plates on our vehicles and trailers expire on...drumroll...her birthday! So, we'll be stopping by the Secretary of State on the way up to contribute to the State's coffers.

Can't wait to be up there!
Feel free to hop on 10 and head West. We'd totally babysit the trailer for ya. :P

Happy Birthday to DW, have a safe trip, hope you get lots done, and I'm totally with the wife on the closet thing. We wiminfolk have to stick together you know.

Yay! How exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,685 times
Reputation: 276
LOL. That's not the first generous offer we've received for camper sitting. I may need it up there. If I don't side with her on the closet organizers I may need someplace to sleep.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
 
6,052 posts, read 7,385,090 times
Reputation: 3278
Will be a big change from Columbus, Ohio. Do you have a boat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Loving life in Gaylord!
4,121 posts, read 7,959,620 times
Reputation: 3900
Too bad its gonna snow this weekend! But who cares...your gonna be in northern Michigan...lucky!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,685 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Will be a big change from Columbus, Ohio. Do you have a boat?
HUGE change. There'll actually be water!

Three kayaks, one hard sided and two inflatable, and my BIL stores his 16' Lund up there. My only charge for storage is that I get to use it whenever I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Too bad its gonna snow this weekend! But who cares...your gonna be in northern Michigan...lucky!!!
Heck, if we minded the snow we wouldn't be moving up there in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,685 times
Reputation: 276
For anyone interested, here's a link for the blog installment for this weekend. A hint...it involves a closet organizer. What can I say? It was her birthday.

Shangri La - Restoring Paradise: Organization? Oh, yeah...we've got that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Loving life in Gaylord!
4,121 posts, read 7,959,620 times
Reputation: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wojo View Post
For anyone interested, here's a link for the blog installment for this weekend. A hint...it involves a closet organizer. What can I say? It was her birthday.

Shangri La - Restoring Paradise: Organization? Oh, yeah...we've got that.
Very cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Ocqueoc, MI - Extreme N.E. Lower Peninsula
275 posts, read 394,685 times
Reputation: 276
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top