U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:56 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,964,079 times

Advertisements

I seen one tonight while watching house hunters with my wife. I have never seen this one before so I'm assuming it's new. Focused on the rivers and water of Michigan. Showed the Tahquamenon falls, Au Sable, etc. I was just wowed. I look outside on days like this and think " man this sucks" then I see the Pure Michigan adds and they just make me feel so proud of this state and what it has to offer. Honestly feel a tad guilty for letting leaving cross my mind at times. Do they have that same effect on you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 05:49 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,957,720 times
I cant leave...even if I did, I know I would miss all that Michigan has to offer. If it can just get to 60 degrees and stay there...Ill be very happy!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 AM

271 posts, read 586,235 times
I saw that one at least a few months ago. It wasn't on HGTV but it was some satellite channel.

I've thought about leaving before, a long time ago, but chose to stay. There are quite a few things that suck about this place but there is a combination of positives you just can't get anywhere else.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,408,662 times
I just saw this ad that highlights all of our great waters in the state. I loved it, and yes when I see these Pure Michigan ads it does make me feel very proud. This ad seemed focused on the lakes and rivers in summer which is what made it so attractive to me. If only we had warmer weather for longer periods of time this would be nothing short of pure heaven here.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,957,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I just saw this ad that highlights all of our great waters in the state. I loved it, and yes when I see these Pure Michigan ads it does make me feel very proud. This ad seemed focused on the lakes and rivers in summer which is what made it so attractive to me. If only we had warmer weather for longer periods of time this would be nothing short of pure heaven here.
Yup...but then it would be so crowded it would be ruined.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM

62 posts, read 101,897 times
haha, maybe its better that we have frigid winters...if michigan was on the latitude of a tennessee or missouri, we'd be packed to the gills with people rushing to get a piece of lakefront real estate.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
YAZ

7,138 posts, read 12,198,442 times
Every damn morning I see a Pure Michigan ad here in Phoenix.

Y'all are tryin' to get folks to golf there in the summertime.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,408,662 times
My friend in Phoenix tells me the same thing about the ads.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 17,189,422 times
I didn't leave Mi, because of something I disliked about it, on the contrary.
I left because, 1. I was a young teenager, 2. our Mother died, the family split up and I was on my own. I decided I wanted to see the country, so I started traveling, and not by jumbo jet or Greyhound. I traveled the only way(s) there are to get a full picture of the country and not just a flashing glance. I traveled by foot, traveling circus, Big Rig and I traveled places that vehicle don't go, by freight train.

My point is that, seeing the Dakotas, Mont, Colorado Mnt's, Wyoming and more, never changed how felt about Mi. Infact, It made me feel even more proud to say that I was originally from Mi. And I just smiled when someone called me a Yankee..

Unless you've been out and visited the other Northern states,(and I don't mean by photo or internet) you won't realize how unique Mi, is in comparison.

Michigan has a unique Beauty all her own, and unlike any other state.

One more thing folks....What I've learn through the years, living out of state. Most people I've meet around the country recognize Michigan by that unique Beauty,

Old 04-22-2011, 06:17 PM

7,174 posts, read 7,968,652 times
Pure Michigan ads are primarily intended to attract tourist dollars, and from what you hear they are doing a great job of it. I do believe a secondary role of the pure Michigan ads is to bolster the moral of the people of this state. When Michigans economy tanked there was alot of negative feelings about this state even from its own residents. The state as a whole needed some prozack. The pure Michigan ads have made people feel better about thier own state, and maybe they do get some to think twice about leaving. The people who thought of and created those ads are advertising experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan