U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,906 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to list this type of thing. But I am trying to locate my birth family. I am hoping that maybe someone who lived in Ionia, MI during the 1968-70 time frame can scratch their memory for me and recall some names if they had enough details that stood out to help me find my mom or my dad.

This was a closed case adoption so I realize that my chances are very slim. But I figured it was worth a shot. If I locate them and they wish to communicate with me then WONDERFUL. If not then I will have to respect their wishes and move on. In the meanwhile, I have collected as much info as I possibly can thus far.

I really don't know a ton but I know that my mom attended Ionia High School between the years of 68-70. At least I think so because she was 18 when she had me and I was delivered at Ionia Memorial Hospital. I do not know if she graduated or not, but I am thinking that she was either close to graduation and couldn't finish because of me or that maybe she did get to finish. Either way she was able to obtain employment somewhere as a secretary. The other details that I have I will list below. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated:

I know that the adoption agency I was through was named "Child and Family Services of Michigan, Inc", or "Lutheran Child and Family Services of Michigan, Inc".

I was born on a Tuesday; February 17, 1970, in Ionia County Memorial Hospital in Ionia, MI at 2:25 p.m. My birth name was Eric when I was born. The name given to me by my adopted family was Lester. My adopted mom's first name was Lorraine and my adopted dad's first name was Arnold. My mother went through 12 hours of labor. Her blood type is RH Positive. I was 7 lbs. 4 oz., and 19 inches in length. My apgar score was 10 but oxygen was used. There were no apparent birth injuries or abnormalities. I had dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a fair complexion.

My mom was 18 when she had me, had a high school eduction and was a secretary. She had light brown hair, blue eyes, a fair complexion, and weighed 120 lbs. She was Caucasian, and of Irish and Swedish descent.

My mom had a brother who was 22 when I was born that had a college education and was a businessman. He is described as having blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. He was Caucasian and of Irish, Swedish, and Dutch descent. He was 6' tall and approx 180 lbs. with a large build.

My father was 21 years old when I was born. He had brown eyes, Brown hair, and and a dark complexion. He graduated high school, served in the military, and was employed as a mechanic. His main interest was cars. My father enjoyed working on cars and racing them. He was 6' 2" and weighed around 200 lbs. He was Caucasian and of dutch descent. Everyone in my birth family was of the Protestant faith.

I was temporarily placed with a foster family on 2/23/70 somewhere in Holland, MI I guess and then on 6/11/70; I was placed with my adoptive family in Allegan County (Wayland Township). My adoption was confirmed by the Allegan County Probate Court on 9/27/1971.

Until now, I have waited to look for my birth family out of respect for my adopted mom. I have no relations with my adopted dad because he left when I was around 10 yrs old. Sadly my adopted mom died September 2009. She always told me that she would love to help me find my birth family if I ever chose to but I never felt like it would be right to do so until she passed. I never wanted to hurt anyone.
I have other extended birth family information but will wait for a hit to see if anyone can honestly identify this. Thank you so much for any help!

Sincerely, Les / Eric.

P.S./ Good luck to anyone traveling the same paths as I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM

261 posts, read 1,266,523 times
I can't really be of any help, but I found this site, I don't know if you can find anything useful on it: Ionia County, Michigan Free Public Records Directory

Old 04-09-2015, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 808 times
Default adoption

Hello, finding adoption records is difficult but can be accomplished. Michigan has a confidential intermediary program for adoptions finalized in the state. For more info go here [url=http://www.michigansearching.com/CI.htm]Michigan Searching Online Search & Support Group[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan