U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,755,985 times

Advertisements

I got up this morning and was excited to see clear skies briefly...until the blanket of gray moved in again. Reminds me of a song that our dd, now 16, used to tap dance to when she was little:

"Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please shine down on me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,955,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
I tried to give you reps for this post, but apparently I've already given you some for another post
Thanks! I can take any weather Michigan can dish out...but even I am wanting at least some sun and temps above 60! Dont get too excited though...the long range doesnt look good...but well see.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM

27,767 posts, read 65,645,334 times
APril winter ends on Sunday. May winter begins in about a week.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM

528 posts, read 784,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
APril winter ends on Sunday. May winter begins in about a week.
LOL....

I was in Grand Rapids at Spectrum yesterday for a head-banging whopper of a doctor's appointment, but the weather was nice. Until 14 hours later when I got to drive home. At least it didn't get too dark before I got back.

Today, yeeesh. I'd just like to warm my bones a bit in the sun is all.....

*sigh*

I'm starting to develop a Weather Channel phobia. We have half our fence posts up. If I can jeeeest get up the rest, and the fence stretched. Getting a little pony shed built so our new mare can come home would be nice too.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:25 PM

Don't worry

Be Happy.

The fence posts will still be there tomorrow.

Just hurry up and get them in before it get hot. You do nto want ot put them in when it is hot. THen it is time to ride the pony ot the lake.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 PM

528 posts, read 784,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Don't worry

Be Happy.

The fence posts will still be there tomorrow.

Just hurry up and get them in before it get hot. You do nto want ot put them in when it is hot. THen it is time to ride the pony ot the lake.
With my husband's schedule and the weather, it took us 3.5 weeks to get the first 21 posts up. 3.5 hours for the final 19. We're done until the pasture. Wanted to ease up on projects for a while, but we're going to be pushing through the current ones for the next month, then we have a pasture to do. Ugh. Mid-June I want that pasture DONE. No fences in summer! Besides, we'll have thigh-high grass by then if I don't have the pasture fenced.

I told my son we're going to find a fishin' spot off the Rails to Trails trail and we're going to ride the horses to it and catch some fish and soak in the heat of the day. Need to get the other mustang saddle trained first. The new one is already saddle trained, she was a cow horse for a decade. She'll be a big help finishing the other one. Then the boys need to get their little pony girl trained.... It's going to be a doozy of a year. Finally signed up with a CSA, there will be no planting going on this year. Fences chickens and goats and horses are enough!

You ever get your fence posts dug ColdJensens? Now we get to figure out how to stretch no-climb. I'm not liking the idea of how tightly coiled that stuff is.... I think the posts were not the easy part of this deal!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
You ever get your fence posts dug ColdJensens? Now we get to figure out how to stretch no-climb. I'm not liking the idea of how tightly coiled that stuff is.... I think the posts were not the easy part of this deal!
No. Still too muddy back there. These are the supports for a fort in the woods, not really for a fence. We will not get to the fence this year.

If you want a free Rooster or two and you will be downriver anytime in the immediate future, send me a DM. One is really pretty. The other was pretty, but currently looks like roadkill (from fighting with the bigger one I think, maybe he is just molting). He should be pretty again if he gets out on his own. Both are pretty loud.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 AM

17 posts, read 12,466 times
Its not rare that like this April you get a foot of snow in April. I have seen the leaves out and forrests green and 8 to 10 inches of snow. Its what you get living that far north. You only have about 5 to 6 months of summer that is reliable in Michigan. Nov. To April are on the side of winter many times. Not always but if you want nice weather Michigan ain't it.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,408,271 times
I took a drive down some side roads a few days ago and saw snow in patches. No leaves are out at all yet. It actually still looks like a November scene instead of April. It's only been in the last day or two that my daffodills show a little color.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:25 PM

362 posts, read 620,258 times
While we have had close to 4 inches of rain this week and the woods is so flooded the deer are having a tough time finding a water free beding site. They have settled on the side of our hill in the pines of a dry spot in the front yard. Even the turkeys are not finding nesting sites so easy today. I saw one this after noon building the nest on the edge of the corn field which is hoigh ground.

Still No one has died from our weather here thank the great spirit. To bad, so many there could not have been snow & cold haters like so many whiners here.

Oh the daughter drove to work in snow this morning from Wisconsin to Minnesota.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan