U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Loving life in Gaylord!
4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
Reputation: 3895

Advertisements

Just wanted to show you all my "Michigan Keyholder" I made from metal a few days ago. Im gonna see if the "Michigan Shoppe" will want to carry them as well as sell them at my shows I go to. I made the nail holes a bit too big on this one, but this was my first. I made it by tracing around the entire state map in my draw program, and made adjustments to some of the smaller... thinner parts so my plasma cutter would not burn them out. I plan on making lots of other Michigan themed products!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
27,749 posts, read 65,567,547 times
Reputation: 32915
NEat. I would want one, but we have a lot more than four sets of keys. Do you make one with 8 - 12 hooks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Loving life in Gaylord!
4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
NEat. I would want one, but we have a lot more than four sets of keys. Do you make one with 8 - 12 hooks?
Yes...I can make them any size, with as many key holders as needed. I Plan on making coat racks, personnel signs, welcome signs, and towel holders. I am also gonna work on a bigger wall art with all the lakes traced in, then like a freighter in lake Superior, maybe a buck in lake Huron, and a Salmon or bear in Lake Michigan...not sure yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
27,749 posts, read 65,567,547 times
Reputation: 32915
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yes...I can make them any size, with as many key holders as needed. I Plan on making coat racks, personnel signs, welcome signs, and towel holders. I am also gonna work on a bigger wall art with all the lakes traced in, then like a freighter in lake Superior, maybe a buck in lake Huron, and a Salmon or bear in Lake Michigan...not sure yet.
10,500 lakes? THat is a lot of tracing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
 
528 posts, read 784,241 times
Reputation: 151
Those are awesome moldman (moldy? Mich? We need to give you a shorter nic!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
27,749 posts, read 65,567,547 times
Reputation: 32915
Can I order one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 15,848,287 times
Reputation: 10268
That is brilliant...I would order one as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,083 posts, read 34,945,612 times
Reputation: 16907
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Just wanted to show you all my "Michigan Keyholder" I made from metal a few days ago. Im gonna see if the "Michigan Shoppe" will want to carry them as well as sell them at my shows I go to. I made the nail holes a bit too big on this one, but this was my first. I made it by tracing around the entire state map in my draw program, and made adjustments to some of the smaller... thinner parts so my plasma cutter would not burn them out. I plan on making lots of other Michigan themed products!
Cool key rack 3M!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 07:07 PM
 
1,041 posts, read 1,406,861 times
Reputation: 1288
Very, very nice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2011, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Loving life in Gaylord!
4,121 posts, read 7,950,222 times
Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
10,500 lakes? THat is a lot of tracing.
Lol..I meant the great lakes. That would be quite the job...but pretty cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top