U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 AM

362 posts, read 619,629 times

Advertisements

Since I have to get more labels made I thought I would show ya'll what a young lady at Office Depot was able to make for us.

One pound queen line jar.

Two pound queen line jar.

Happy Easter every one.

Al
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:53 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,846,584 times
Want.

Toast, real butter and honey. Yum!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,948,839 times
Those are some nice labels!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 PM

760 posts, read 2,214,063 times
Very nice!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:31 PM

749 posts, read 2,152,033 times
No kidding......I've been running labels on flexo presses for years, and I'm impressed. Sure she's not a broker for a flexo shop? I'd like to know what she made them on, pehaps an Indigo? One of the problems in label production for customers is not necessarily the printing, but if you have a special shape die cut and they don't have that die in stock, they're gonna whack you a die charge and your gonna get charged a pretty penny if you only need a few thousand labels.

I'm going to take a stab on what you paid for them............$54 a thousand? I'd still like to know what she used to make them (did they come on sheets or rolls?) Are there nutrition facts on the back or are you exempt from that being a private honey manufacturer?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 AM

When we were looking for a place to get labels many places would not even talk to us on getting a personal label made. Many of those that would were just plain crazy expencive, and some wouldnot even do it unless we paid in the area of $100.00 for a roll of 100 sight unseen.

With flash drive in hand with pictures we wanted on a label we met Asley. She sat down with us and a computer, slected our first label the queen line jar one pounder to be made. It took nearly 2hours to get the shape we wanted lettering the way we wanted and how manyh labels we couldget on a sheet of photo paper. There were several trial runs of the print also for want we wanted. Once we got it how we liked it it was saved on a CD for them and my flash drive. then we had the 2 pound queen line designed. It took less time as we had found the shape and how we wanted the lettering done.
Set up for the two labels came to some thing like $50.00. Printing is the cost of a ream of photo paper and 10 cents per sheet. If we wish we just take in our own photo paper and the print cost is still 10 cents a sheet.

All labels after that were cheaper to set up, printing cost is the same.
We buy the grainulation stickers by the roll from bee supply houses. If we needed the nutrition stickers here in Michigan we would buy them by the roll also.
We feel our labels sell our honey as much as the fact it is pure Michigan raw honey. People who buy seem to always comment on how nice our labels look.

Quilted gift one pound jar.

One of the bears.

The upside down drippless one pounder.

The jar top label on many of the jars.

Al

Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 PM

14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
What does the whited-out area say?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 AM

261 posts, read 1,264,989 times
Why don't people ever make honey bottles shaped like bees? I wonder.... Lol. But anyway, I like the labels.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 AM

In Michigan (I think the country) honey labels have to have contact information. If you want to read whats under the white out you have to buy some honey.

They do make honey bottles shaped like little bees. They cost even more than the upside down dripless jars yet hold less honey. We charge $2.00 more for the upside dwn dripless jars with the same amount of honey in a one pound queen line jar because of cost per jar.

Al

Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 AM

749 posts, read 2,152,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
In Michigan (I think the country) honey labels have to have contact information. If you want to read whats under the white out you have to buy some honey.

They do make honey bottles shaped like little bees. They cost even more than the upside down dripless jars yet hold less honey. We charge $2.00 more for the upside dwn dripless jars with the same amount of honey in a one pound queen line jar because of cost per jar.

Al
Yeah, I believe it was back in the 90's that the FDA mad it a law or requirement that nutrition facts info be applied to food products, especially for the large food producers. So what happens in print shops the skiled ace press operator would run the fronts which are typically multi-color or 4 color process and the back labels with the nutrition facts the new guy would run because they are typically 1 or 2 color. That's the printing lobby at work in Washington.

A lot of label manufacturers don't even want to fool with food labels, they may get only $10/1000 while if they're producing pharmaceutical or medical labels they can get $80/1000, same material , same ink, same art work fees, etc.

I knew of a guy in MI that was a print broker for cherry producers. he offers his customers about 5 or 6 designs and once he sells 15 or 20 cutomers he goes to a print shop in Indiana and he orders several thousand to keep the costs down. He then also supplies the customer with a printer and sets it up so they can add thier company name and contact info on site as they need them. he was making a pretty nice living doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan