U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM

541 posts, read 890,116 times

Advertisements

Summer arrived May 12th...where the hell did it go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 AM

362 posts, read 620,535 times
Away till after spring I hope.

Al

Old 05-16-2011, 10:38 AM

271 posts, read 586,364 times
Yeah May 12 was a really nice day, but it's back to the norm for awhile again. Saturday never got above 40F, and not much warmer lately with the icy north wind. Last night was below freezing. Still running the woodstove. Hopefully we have a good summer this year but it's still too early to tell.

At least it LOOKS nice outside which is still a plus. Most memorable quote I heard on a radio forecast many years ago. "Don't let the sun fool ya".

Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,964,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yeah...I havent seen this much rain in a LONG time! There is a low stuck off the East coast not letting this low move. Its actually gonna move off Monday..then spin back and hit us again Tues-Wed. But...its gonna be warmer anyways.
This rain and weather both have been crazy. There is a pond I pass anytime I leave my house. They build kind of like a dock on it I guess to fish and observe the ducks or whatever. I have never seen the water any closer than 3-4 from the bottom of it. After that rain last week it was gone. lol you could not even see the top of the hand rails until yesterday.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,959,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
This rain and weather both have been crazy. There is a pond I pass anytime I leave my house. They build kind of like a dock on it I guess to fish and observe the ducks or whatever. I have never seen the water any closer than 3-4 from the bottom of it. After that rain last week it was gone. lol you could not even see the top of the hand rails until yesterday.
Well....it does suck, but it has to be good for the levels of all our Great lakes, regular lakes, and rivers for sure. I have to say...I hate the rain every other day...but Ill take it over a drought any time.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,964,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Well....it does suck, but it has to be good for the levels of all our Great lakes, regular lakes, and rivers for sure. I have to say...I hate the rain every other day...but Ill take it over a drought any time.
I just wish it were a tad bit warmer. 75 with rain is much nicer than 41 and rain.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:41 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,959,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I just wish it were a tad bit warmer. 75 with rain is much nicer than 41 and rain.
Lol...no doubt!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 AM

362 posts, read 620,535 times
Yesterday worked out beautiful. Although my access to our woods is flooded for the time being, I cut up fire wood all morning. My neighbour told me to cut up all the dead and down wood on their place. They have a bunch of dead Ash so there is that. I worked on a big oak limb that had seperated from the main trunk. Got it all cut up and mostly split and stacked where it fell.
In the afternoon the plain was to go to the grocery store. It started raining again as we pulled out of the drive giving us another tenth of an inch. Of course we stopped at the bakery and had a donut and coffee, getting an order for more honey from them.
It had stopped raining by the time we got home. I was able to walk the pups with out us getting wet. Planing on cutting more fire wood today too while it is cool.

Last edited by alleyyooper; 05-17-2011 at 07:49 AM..

Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,804,742 times
This the umpteenth year in a row that my lilac came into bloom and then it got cold and rainy so instead of basking in the wonderful fragance wafting through the open windows we had shut them tight. And with the rain, they will all turn brown and fall off before I get the chance to enjoy them. There just is no justice!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM

76 posts, read 108,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
This the umpteenth year in a row that my lilac came into bloom and then it got cold and rainy so instead of basking in the wonderful fragance wafting through the open windows we had shut them tight. And with the rain, they will all turn brown and fall off before I get the chance to enjoy them. There just is no justice!
Cut them off and bring indoors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan