Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:24 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,709 times

Advertisements

Sorry if your are for real, but to me it sounded fishy ( still does) I have no issues with you or anyone else with Panic Attacks

If it really happend this way call your Newspaper and make it known.... maybe a Laywer will help you out.

What seems legit to you who is new might seem fishy to others ( me included) because we been here and done this and then found out it was just a troll.
If you cant take it you should not be online in a Forum.... just like I said before :

Dont ask a Question on a Public Forum if you dont like to hear ALL the Answers.... gotta take the good and the bad on a Forum. Pick from the ones you like and ignore the Rest.

Good Luck to you ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 AM

362 posts, read 695,779 times
Fox TV 2 in Detroit just reported the rapture begins at 6:00PM tonight. Tomorrow will be a much better day with all the holier than thou gone leaving us sinners in peace.

I took the time to call my sister a preacers wife and say good bye. I guess she is quickly getting her affairs in order as she didn't answer the phone.

Al

Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM

6 posts, read 24,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Ok so what your saying is that the Officer followed you out waited till you got to the end of the Parking lot and pulled you over, even though he /she could have pulled you over/ stopped you before you even drove out of your Parking Spot....... yeah OK.
Like they dont have anything else to do, besides follow People.

Too many things here that dont make sense, I smell a TROLL !

Yes...that is exactly what happened. I got in my car to go to the bank to get the cash(stupid of me). I got to the end of the parking and they pulled me over. Yes...they do not have anything better to do. It is a very small...very rich community outside of Detroit.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 24,862 times
Smile Reults

Just wanted to let everyone know what happened at the arraingment and thank everyone for their advice.
I was lucky enough to have a friends uncle take on the case for a small fee. He met with the prosecuting attorney and all charges were dropped to "allowing someone to drive with a suspended license" There was a $128 fee. Nothing will show up in any sort of record...no points...arrest...etc. They said I never should have been "tailed" to the end of the parking lot and apologized for the way everything was handled since I had gone there to pay the ticket in the first place.
Bottom line: lesson has been learned. Do not speed!! If you get a ticket pay for it even if your lights will be shut off because you used the money to pay the ticket!!!! And NEVER get in the car to drive once you are made aware you have a suspended license.

Again thanks for everyones advice. I hope I can repay the advice on another post!!

And to all the doubters out there....why would I go to a site to get advice and not tell the truth about what I needed the advice for???? Oh well......

Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicattacks View Post
I got a ticket for speeding. The city would not take payment plans and I have been unemployed for over a year. I went in to pay the ticket and they told me they would not accept checks anymore as my DL was suspended because the ticket was being paid so late. I told them I would be back with the cash and then STUPIDLY got in my car and went to drive to the bank. A police officer arrested me 1 block away and I had to have someone come and pay bond to get me out..car impounded etc. I paid for the ticket at the same time so license is no longer suspended. I have arraignment on June 2nd. I am terrified. I had no idea this could result in jail time and that I need a lawyer?? I have never had any other issues with the law in 48 years. What can I expect??/ State of Michigan
I would get a lawyer. How draconian. They are turning more people into criminals simply for being poor. That scares me they would not take a payment plan for you. Call Legal Aid if you have to as well. Hopefully judge will just throw it out, but I would lawyer up. It makes sense, why wouldnt you drive to get cash, knowing youd pay it off, it seems they are the ones who have no judgement, knowing you were going right to the bank, this is where the letter of law goes over common sense, and people wonder why the system is going broke?

Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
Default help!!!

I dont know if im posting in the right place. I was arrested the other night for driving on a suspended license. I live in a very small town in michigan. I had traffic tickets when I lived near detroit that I couldnt pay. Its been a few years. I have had two driving on suspended tickets before. Last time a year ago i was given 870 in court fees and 3 days in jail. I didnt have a lawyer and plead guilty. this time I will have a court appointed attorney. I had no clue years ago that not paying tickets could result in such a mess. Ive never had a speeding ticket or dui or wreckless driving. these tickets were expired tab and lapsed insurance and improper lane change all at one time, it was over 600 in tickets on one stop. then about 2 yrs late, i had forgotten abot tickets and gotten insurance and tabs, license waas suspended and i was pulled over going to work. got no blinker tickets 225 and dwl...court date was issued, i asked the court to reschdule because i didnt have a way there. they said now i have a warrant. I then moved 3 hrs away and here twice in last year got pulled over. Im a single mom just trying to provide for my kids. Barely making enough money to even pay for all my bills let alone tickets etc...which is why they werent paid in the first place. I am terrified i will go to jail. My kids can only get to school if they are driven and I no longer have a job due to all of this. What should i expect? I planned to take care of all this when i get my tax refund this year but this happened about a month too soon and being that i just paid 670 to get out of jail I dont even have money for court cost when I do go to court... PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-04-2014, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
oh and in addition to all of that, the cop who arrested me didnt even read me my rights...can my case get thrown out for that?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,157 times
Thankfully social services will be able to take care of your kids.

This is the third time you've been arrested for driving on a suspended license.

How many more times do you think it would take to realize you need to pay your bills and accept responsibility?

Lose the excuses. Jail will give you the needed reflection time that you can't scam your way through life because you "forgot" or "didn't know."

Old 01-05-2014, 09:29 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
I don't think you're going to get much sympathy here, I'm afraid. You were able to come up with $670 to bail yourself out, yet you let these tickets go unpaid for years. Driving is a privilege, not a right, and comes with responsibilities.

Take whatever proof of income to court, be honest and remorseful and don't make excuses or play the single-mother card, and ask if you can set up a realistic plan for paying off what you owe.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
Thankfully social services will be able to take care of your kids.

This is the third time you've been arrested for driving on a suspended license.

How many more times do you think it would take to realize you need to pay your bills and accept responsibility?

Lose the excuses. Jail will give you the needed reflection time that you can't scam your way through life because you "forgot" or "didn't know."
That was harsh.

This isn't about some horrific crime being committed. There is the possibility that maybe the poster couldn't afford to pay any of the fines. What do you do in a situation like that, and does the person deserve jail for not having the money, and do the children deserve to be taken to social services? In the end, who is it benefiting? Nobody.

That is nothing short of debtor's prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan