U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM

362 posts, read 619,629 times

Advertisements

What people in Michigan sell the mineral rights for on their land is their bussness. I still own my mineral rights as I am not about to sell for a chincy price for many many years.

My point is people complaining over one millionaire getting some of his own tax money back legaley. then just playing dead over the amount of subsity money the oil companies get when they are making huge record profits.

That is kin to giving tax payer money to bail banks out and they turn around and give the higher ups a bounas.

That stuff should make the american people madder than wet hens but they just whine and belly up to the bar next tax day.

Just how many Americans would be with out jobs if we stopped giving aid to countrys who keep spitting in our face? We could take that money and fix every road in america.

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 PM

528 posts, read 784,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
What people in Michigan sell the mineral rights for on their land is their bussness. I still own my mineral rights as I am not about to sell for a chincy price for many many years.

My point is people complaining over one millionaire getting some of his own tax money back legaley. then just playing dead over the amount of subsity money the oil companies get when they are making huge record profits.

That is kin to giving tax payer money to bail banks out and they turn around and give the higher ups a bounas.

That stuff should make the american people madder than wet hens but they just whine and belly up to the bar next tax day.

Just how many Americans would be with out jobs if we stopped giving aid to countrys who keep spitting in our face? We could take that money and fix every road in america.

Al
It's not their business if they don't have the right to say no. If there were no forced pooling, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but big landman can come threaten to take your mineral rights for free and the State will let them bill you up front for the cost of your share of the well (I don't know about you, but I don't have a few million lying around) or on the back end for 200% that....

Other than that, good points, Al.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 AM

766 posts, read 1,446,100 times
The oil company profit is between $.30 - $.60 per gallon. The tax man gets the same amount for doing nothing. The oil companies really aren't gouging as much as you think.

We could confiscate all of the millionaire's wealth in this country and still be in massive debt. We're a country that spends 50% more than we take in with taxes. Massive spending cuts have to happen to fix things. That means ending a lot of programs and changing others. If you want to take in more money via taxes -- we need a national sales tax. The whole income tax system needs to be thrown out along with the IRS. There's a reason most countries use this type of system -- it's simple and efficient.

The big oil "subsidies" are for Government R&D, Enhanced Oil Recovery Tax credit, and the Marginal Well Production Credit. The biggest is the R&D one. All of them are for things the government wants them to do that they wouldn't ordinarily do. I have no problem if they're all eliminated but they're there because the government wants them there. It's not a big bonanza for the oil companies. The only reason this is an issue is because consumers see $4/gallon gas prices and they want to take their anger out on somebody. They should take it out on the current administration who is stopping all of the new drilling in this country.

Want to get rid of the big money in sports -- stop televising them. Sports people and lottery winners are the minority of the rich. Most money is made in businesses and they are the ones that employ workers. Punishing the rich is just self-defeating. The real enemy is the government; it needs to be made much smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
The gas station on the corner they claim makes 2 cents a gallon on the gas they sell not the oil companys. The oil companys get the subsity derect from the fed, they are supposed to explore for domestic oil with that money, it isn't a deduction.

My tax rate is very welll high enough, maybe if those rich peoples rates was a little bit higher we would not have to tax the pentions of retires, worry about medicare, aid.

The rich all ready avoid paying their fair share of taxes. They buy politions and vote them in office to start with so they keep getting those tax breaks. They hide money in places it can not be taxed too. they are also very good at keeping the masses brain washed into believeing if they paid their fair share we would not have jobs every one would starve to death.
Shoot the american people who do pay the lion share of taxes bailed them out so they could collect a huge bounas. And people still think they shouldn't be taxes their fair share.

Many of those rich do not employe any one on a stand alone job. It is the companys that stock holders have a stake in that hires people. That lottery winner will never hire any one except thru the stocks in companys he buys into. Neither will 90% of the rich sports people.

Michigans gas tax.
Michigan1915Plus 6% sales tax and 0.875 cpg for environmental regulation fee for refined petroleum fund.
Here in Michigan we pay 25 cents a gallon to the state every time we buy a gallon total.

Federal gas tax.
Federal Tax of 18.4 cents per gallon is collected in all states in addition to any state or local taxes on gasoline sales.
Which makes a total of 43 cents a gallon in tax money off every gallon of gasoline.

This below information needs to be updated. under this law you needed a fuel sticker on your motor carrier(semi). That is no longer so.

Michigan19156For vehicles defined under the Motor Carrier Fuel Tax Act, diesel fuel is discounted 6 cents per gallon at the pump; and assessed a 12 cents per gallon surcharge on a quarterly return, with a provision for a 6 cent per gallon refund on fuel purchased in Michigan.

Al

Old 05-25-2011, 07:13 AM

362 posts, read 619,629 times
As of May 2011 the American government has spent 849 billion dollars in the Middle East.

That is $849,000,000,000 of tax-payer money.

This is more money than any society has spent upon any one goal in human history.

The American government is building schools, libraries, hospitals, highway systems, phone and internet services, prisons, military installations, sea ports, banks, residential housing, commercial centers, television studios, waste treatment plants, recycling centers, and much more.

But, for some odd reason there seems to be no money for American citizens.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 05-25-2011 at 07:36 AM..

Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 AM

8,632 posts, read 14,224,026 times
Right Wing social engineering..... It won't work . Most on here understand , but some are blinded by Fox Noise. And futhermore many of you voted for the wrong Gov., too late , but now you see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan