U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 AM

217 posts, read 527,097 times

Advertisements

Been too damn cold here in the U.P. for them.....I would welcome them with open arms at this point! Gotta bring in and cover a ton of plants AGAIN tonite..............grrrrr...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 AM

9 posts, read 15,459 times
I hate Mosqueagles

Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM

413 posts, read 836,687 times
Not in Michigan, but I had a good tick bite the other day. Was out in the woods on Wednesday, and in the office on Thursday. Went to scratch my back, and out falls a seed tick. Little b*st*rds. Here in Southern Illinois, we've got a bad case of what I call "eyeball gnats", you know the ones that fly right toward your eyeballs? I'm sure getting plenty of supplemental protein on account of all the bugs I've been choking on.

However... I will take ticks and mosquitoes EVERY DAY over chiggers. At least you can see ticks and mosquitoes. Chiggers... oh those are some sneaky microscopic jerks! I had the worst case of chiggers last year in Alabama. Like, 4-500 bites. Was misery for like a week.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,856,540 times
Last July 4th I was camping with friends near Grass Lake MI, and was the only one of about a dozen people to get swimmers itch from splashing around in a creek:

Hope College ~ Swimmer's Itch ~

Sounds like chiggers....it was utterly miserable for about a week! I have never itched like that in my life. Don't know if it was related, but one of my dogs got a very aggressive case of moist dermatitis at the same time, so the dog and I were miserable and on antihistamines (the dog's vet bill was way higher than what I spent on myself...he had to be sedated and shaved.)

Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 AM

13,387 posts, read 17,177,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I worked outside all weekend last weekend with no problems. THis weekend, I was nearly sucked dry and my remains carried off for final feasting by hordes of Mosqueagles (Eagle sized Mosquitos). Now I know that summer is finally here. Time to break out the chemicals. This year I will see if I can afford to treat all of the land around us with Bti. Maybe it will help.
Maybe they're having an annual blood drive.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
Har har, veeeerrrrry funny. :P

Cardinal bar sounds like something they sell at Busch Stadium!

I think I got my start as the squirrel lady back when I was a young kid. I brought home every stray I came across until my Mom threatened to give me to gypsies. She shot herself in the foot saying I was so rotten even they probably didn't want me, which was a poor move on her part.

Can you imagine if someone brought her cougars?
Should we call you "Lady Ga Ga 2"? .

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-30-2011 at 08:09 AM..

Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I hate the little buggers, but I have a weird fascination of killing them just before they bite me.
When we were kids in Mi. sometimes masquitos would land on us, we would watch them fill up with blood and then smash em'.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtgirl View Post
Not in Michigan, but I had a good tick bite the other day. Was out in the woods on Wednesday, and in the office on Thursday. Went to scratch my back, and out falls a seed tick. Little b*st*rds. Here in Southern Illinois, we've got a bad case of what I call "eyeball gnats", you know the ones that fly right toward your eyeballs? I'm sure getting plenty of supplemental protein on account of all the bugs I've been choking on.

However... I will take ticks and mosquitoes EVERY DAY over chiggers. At least you can see ticks and mosquitoes. Chiggers... oh those are some sneaky microscopic jerks! I had the worst case of chiggers last year in Alabama. Like, 4-500 bites. Was misery for like a week.
Chiggers! I won't get into that, but we have those here in Oklahoma, along with thousands of other insects,

Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM

IMO,,The creepiest things in Mi, are the "blood suckers", (not just the Lawyers and Politicians) but the ones in the lakes and swampy areas.
(if they're still called that)

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-30-2011 at 09:01 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM

413 posts, read 836,687 times
Leeches? Leeches don't bother me. I can see them coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan