Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM

9 posts, read 38,137 times

Advertisements

Hello -
I just bought a house that borders South Haven.
It's in covert.
After reading all your posts, I'm quite nervous that I did now, LOL
Anyway, can anyone give me any pro's and con's of that area?
Thanks!
Penny from NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 AM

136 posts, read 999,185 times
Post Well...

That all depends on a lot of things.
Is it your primary home or a vacation home?
Do you have a job in the area now? Do you need one?

If this is your vacation home, or you are independently wealthy/work from home...YOU WILL BE FINE!!!! In fact it will be a WONDERFUL, relaxing purchase. Otherwise, you may be correct to to be worried!

-TM

Old 07-28-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMan View Post
That all depends on a lot of things.
Is it your primary home or a vacation home?
Do you have a job in the area now? Do you need one?

If this is your vacation home, or you are independently wealthy/work from home...YOU WILL BE FINE!!!! In fact it will be a WONDERFUL, relaxing purchase. Otherwise, you may be correct to to be worried!

-TM

I work from home, so employment in not an issue.
So, it will be wonderful?
Please tell me how!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Lightbulb Depending on what you are looking for...

You will most likely be WONDERFUL!!! I think that South haven is one of the most BEAUTIFUL, RELAXING, QUAINT little towns on Lake MI. I grew up in Kalamazoo, my dad's family is from Holland, my mom's from Grand Rapids. We used to camp at Pentwater and visit Ludington. I also have friends from Grand Haven. Of these areas, I LOVE Grand Rapids for the city. I love Grand Haven and South Haven for the Lake, the sunsets, and the "small town feel." If you are looking for a true "small town" with a slower pace of life, South Haven/Covert will be DELIGHTFUL for you. And if you "long for the city," Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids are only about 45 minutes away. I hope you enjoy!!!!
If you have more questions...just ask!
Cheers,
_TM

Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 AM

316 posts, read 1,181,414 times
South Haven is a great little town, you should be fine.
TM - whats with the cheers? I have never gotten that except from folks in GR/Holland. Is it a Dutch thing? perhaps I am showing major ignorance by not knowing the answer. Thanks, and as I would say, Good afternoon.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 AM

Lightbulb Interesting Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslok View Post
South Haven is a great little town, you should be fine.
TM - whats with the cheers? I have never gotten that except from folks in GR/Holland. Is it a Dutch thing? perhaps I am showing major ignorance by not knowing the answer. Thanks, and as I would say, Good afternoon.
You know...I don't know... I guess it's like ENJOY! or Have FUN! (or something like that...)

Even more interesting that you mentioned Kzoo and GR. I did spend the majority of my life there...but I have not said it until recently. I know you are from St. J and don't have any special affection for Kzoo or GR. I have lived in the SE corner for the last seven years, and will soon be moving to Chicago.

I actually picked it up from a person I interviewed with in Washington D.C. and it is also somewhat common on some of the other other state threads. I thought it sounded nice...

Good day to you sir...

-TM

Old 07-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Well, I can tell that their are nice funny people there!
Thank you for your responses!
Oh... I CAN'T Wait to visit Holland and the Tulip Festival!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,395 times
cheers is a british thing! People think they say "cheerio", but they do, but they do say "cheers" upon leaving, hanging up the phone, signing off on a post , etc.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 PM

259 posts, read 822,986 times
We can trade houses if your worried.

South Haven is a great place like others have said. I try to spend ever summer weekend up there.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,898,134 times
Wow...someone dug up an old post...and I dont mean fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan