Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,303,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you guys are so blessed....i could stand the heat too if there was a lake nearby to wash it off.....our nearest lake is lake lanier and its drying up...oh well ice water here I come
Is Lake Lanier really drying up? I hear that from time to time, but then someone or other on the Atlanta forum will say that it isn't true and that it's just a rumor. I tend to believe you, because one lake, even one that size, just can't possibly sustain that many millions of people indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,548,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Is Lake Lanier really drying up? I hear that from time to time, but then someone or other on the Atlanta forum will say that it isn't true and that it's just a rumor. I tend to believe you, because one lake, even one that size, just can't possibly sustain that many millions of people indefinitely.

you are so right....thats were our water supply comes from and unless we get rain..which is hardly...we will soon have a drought. Then we cant do any outside watering without getting fine. And on top of that or water bill is average 250.00 per month. Terrible huh?

My husband and I went to lake lanier a few weeks ago and we could see the bottom of the lake it was so dried up....

I dont see why anyone would consider moving to atlanta

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,303,613 times
Quote:
you are so right....thats were our water supply comes from and unless we get rain..which is hardly...we will soon have a drought. Then we cant do any outside watering without getting fine. And on top of that or water bill is average 250.00 per month. Terrible huh?

My husband and I went to lake lanier a few weeks ago and we could see the bottom of the lake it was so dried up....

I dont see why anyone would consider moving to atlanta
$250/month???? Really? That's insane! Why does everyone say that COL is so much cheaper in the Southeast? That's all I ever hear here on C-D, and maybe overall it is, but if I got a water bill that was $250/month I would hit the ceiling! Wow.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM

528 posts, read 885,420 times
[quote=canudigit;19399655]
Quote:

Awesome! Welcome in advance!
Yeah! We'll keep a light on for ya (since someone promised to keep one on for me! Where is our Ann?).

Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,896,967 times
Anything can happen here in good ole Michigan. Thats why its sooo exciting and fun to live here. Same weather all the time......blahhhh!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:12 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,152,211 times
Quote:
Its a whooping 96 degrees and the humidity is 107 in atlanta...so quit complaining

i'll trade places anyday
I spent the longest month of my life laid over in ATL one extraordinarily hot, muggy weekend. It was truly gross.

And...$250 a month for water (and sewer too, presumably)? Holy moly. I pay about $65 every two months.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 PM

374 posts, read 758,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I LOVE it!!!! I've been waiting all year for this.

Me too!

Yesterday was awesome

Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 PM

939 posts, read 2,680,271 times
There was no place in Michigan with a heat index of 116 yesterday. Stop fantasizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
Setting here at the key board with a damp cold towel around my neck yet still sweating up a storm and cussing.
I look at the weather station display it showes.
Outdoor temp 96F, heat index 116, wind SW @ 6 MPH, high of 11 MPH low of 6 MPH, Pressure 30.11, humidity 59%,
Indoor temp 87F Indoor humidity 52%

I sure wish I was able to sell every thing and move closer to Hudson bay or some place cooler.

Come on winter!!!!!!!!!

Really I know I shouldn't complain as 19 tornados didn't hit the state the same day. None took a 6 mle long strip out of town, We are not under 23 feet of water.
But if people can crab about a little snow and cold I can crab about this stinking heat, and yes I do stink.

Al

Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM

46 posts, read 125,475 times
Eh I prefer summer days that hover around the 70-85 range with low humidity and a nice breeze that blows through the house. This past memorial day was just too much; I barely had the stamina to stay outdoors and BBQ with the family cause it was so humid (and having no trees in our backyard doesn't help, no shade to hide under).

I do agree that I hate when it gets rainy and cold during Summer. I remember a couple of years back when most of June was below-avg temps and rain; felt plain wrong. lol

Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 AM

362 posts, read 695,597 times
"But... when it does get hot, we have so many lakes its fast and easy to get cooled off in a hurry."

Provided you live near one with a public beach & day area, has a public boat launch and you own a boat allowed on that body of water and can affored the fuel.

"There was no place in Michigan with a heat index of 116 yesterday."

I repete what I read off the weather station. Not the weather channel, not some TV station or heard on the radio, or on the internet.

"Outdoor temp 96F, heat index 116, wind SW @ 6 MPH, high of 11 MPH low of 6 MPH, Pressure 30.11, humidity 59%,
Indoor temp 87F Indoor humidity 52%"

IDW2S.
I agree get sheep instead to clear the woods and fields since they are grazers and not brosers like goats. A goat or two will keep the horses company though. Horses and goats will eat the bark off trees protect the trunks from them.

Al

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan