U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM

528 posts, read 784,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I'm right there with ya crabbing, and it's still May, WTH!

I really dislike hot hot weather, I just endure it and look forward to fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,865,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
I sure wish I was able to sell every thing and move closer to Hudson bay or some place cooler.

Come on winter!!!!!!!!!
I hear Vostok, Antarctica is nice this time of year . . .

Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 PM

1,490 posts, read 3,259,149 times
Geez, no spring in the Great Lakes. Why is anyone suprised?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM

615 posts, read 1,167,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
-98F, but at least the wind chill does not make it any worse.

Sounds like it would be nice evening weather, if it only were, say, ten or one-hundred and seventy degrees warmer.

LOL

Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,754,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
< gives canudigit all her summer days in exchange for all canudigit's freezing days...
It's a deal! You can have my winter, and I'll take your summer.

We used to own a horse and do the horse show thing, and I remember how miserable these hot, humid days are for horses, so I definitely know where you're coming from as a horse owner. People always assume that horses are miserable in the winter, but from what I was told by many "horsey" people, winter is much better for horses than summer. They get so sweaty...and don't even get me started on the flies. I used to feel so sorry for horses when flies landed on their backs. Not questioning God's handiwork or anything, but it's too bad that an animal so large that lives outside doesn't at least have hands to swat flies, since a tail can only go so far, and those fly sheets can be so hot.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 AM

76 posts, read 108,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
Come on winter!!!!!!!!!

Really I know I shouldn't complain as 19 tornados didn't hit the state the same day. None took a 6 mle long strip out of town, We are not under 23 feet of water.
But if people can crab about a little snow and cold I can crab about this stinking heat, and yes I do stink.

Al
Sounds like you might like the weather in northwest Wyoming or western Montana, but you would need to stay up in the higher elevations.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM

362 posts, read 620,181 times
I liked Superior Montana real well, people there treated me very well when I had to do an extended stay several years ago. As I remember it It was in the hundreds as I drove across ND on 94 but was confortable in Superior.

I bet truth be knowen people who say they love this crappy 90+F temps and heat index well over100F are sitting in their air conditioned office/home/car and are not outdoors trying to do auctual work like lawn mowing trimming, building Nucs, adding honey supers andmany other stuff that has to be done around a homestead. If they are really outdoors they are at the beach or by the pool they sure are not working unless their job depends on it.

Come on snow and winter. I can add heaver weight long johns a thicker shirt even an insulated one if need be to stay warm while shoveling and plowing snow,. I can remove a little ifI start to get to warm while cutting & spliting firewood. I can add if the wind chill gets down below zero while out trying to shoot a youte snowmobileing and even cross country sking.

This dog days of summer weather ya can't remove enough even in your own home to stay cool.

The horse people around me are yuppies and idots.They all have those nicly painted black or white board fences, Mow the pasture as much as they do the lawn and remove all trees from the pasture. Of course the horse is misrable, no shade, no deep grass to swing the head thru to remove the flies or roll in. But their place shure looks like the pictures in Country Life Magazine.
Peta auto stomp on their heads the way the horses are treated.

Al

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM

3,095 posts, read 5,627,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I LOVE it!!!! I've been waiting all year for this.
Me too!!!

Complaining about warm weather after 6 months of cool/cold weather should be illegal.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

2,282 posts, read 3,425,459 times
How are the humidity levels? That was the only thing I couldn't stand about the weather in MI. When I was there about a month ago, it was actually pretty tolerable.

Last edited by Z3N1TH 0N3; 06-01-2011 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,754,813 times
Yesterday was very humid, today not so much. It's gorgeous; brilliantly sunny, and 77 degrees with a crisp breeze and 32% humidity, at least here in the SE corner of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or